Bridge City new head football coach

powerlifter

2 hours ago, JBizzle said:

I called it a place like BC, because that's how you said it.  I can read just fine.  You came out guns blazin on this hire and you have based everything you said on very limited information.  As I said very early on, you may very well be right.  But your basis for it all seems to stem from the fact that he worked for Dodge and you don't know him.

I'm about 90% sure I know who CodeBreaker is in real life.  IF this is who I think it is, he's treating the comments he's generating as is his hour of fame and is probably walking around his place of business like a rooster in a hen house.

20 hours ago, RKS21 said:

Well with a New Supt. it may take a few years to change the culture but it's possible. Need to start from the bottom and work up, some of the good ole boys may have to go. 

Every rebuild starts from the ground up.

As long as progress is being made, and the culture is changing, a new HFC should get a minimum of 4 years and preferably 6 to turn a program around.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, LCM said:

Folks Bridge City has only one State title and that was due to a D1 stud. The bridge City community is all about baseball/softball football is 2nd place at that school. They messed up when they ran Dubois off from that school

Football not even 2nd, I'd place it 4th behind track and basketball now. The new HC biggest challenge will be getting the kids that have stopped playing football back interested in playing again IMO. (Oh and it wont hurt getting a few transfers from other Orange County schools)😁

Did Tarver retire from BC? Looked at his record, he was cooking at BC, it's never been the same there since. 

Man, you guys are so sensitive. I think Todd Dodge is a great coach. He did things at SLC that no one  has done there or in 5A, at the time, at other schools. He just won a State Title at Westlake. He's a proven, great coach. I think those places are special and they have a record for winning big before and after him, as well as other coaches that have graced their programs. I do not have a beef with Todd Dodge. 

I was just simply trying to give a different perspective on some of this coaching "biz" and I also thought opinions were welcome here. If not, it's all gude. I'll keep them to myself. I simply have a bewilderness disorder of sorts concerning coaching hires for Texas High School Football Coaches. It's a very strange, inconsistent and unsuccessful (more times than not) way of employing people for very specific positions. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Football not even 2nd, I'd place it 4th behind track and basketball now. The new HC biggest challenge will be getting the kids that have stopped playing football back interested in playing again IMO. (Oh and it wont hurt getting a few transfers from other Orange County schools)😁

Did Tarver retire from BC? Looked at his record, he was cooking at BC, it's never been the same there since. 

I don’t think he retired. I think he got out of coaching and went into something else. I’m sure dealing with the parents at BC would drive anyone away. They are as bad as Lumberton.  I don’t think anyone is gonna transfer into BC.   BC Qb actually toured the WOS facilities a few months ago and I think he decided to stay at BC. WOS Qb is transferring to LCM is the word on the street.   

• Like 1