Better hire on paper... Kilgore or Henderson?

Eagleborn

I say Kilgore only because I believe it'll have a bit more stability.

I'm not saying it is but I wouldn't be shocked if Henderson is a "bridge" job. I dont see him sticking around ETX for more than 4-5 years.

18 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

Kilgore. Not to mention their program and talent is in a better place right now to begin with for these coaches.

You are absolutely right Kilgore has some athletes coming in. Heck not to mention they have a freshman running at the state track meet. He smoked Jordan Jenkins in the 200m in every race.

7 minutes ago, WhoamI97539 said:

You are absolutely right Kilgore has some athletes coming in. Heck not to mention they have a freshman running at the state track meet. He smoked Jordan Jenkins in the 200m in every race.

Kilgore has some talent at the RB position,  no shortage there.

1 hour ago, WhoamI97539 said:

To bad the kid doesn’t play football is strictly a track guy 

1 hour ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Talked with his dad at the regional track meet and that’s what he said

he was originally planning to play football...but with all the success he is having in track I have heard as well that he plans to concentrate on that...but, heck he is a freshman and once all the dust settles after track and football starts to ramp up...who knows, maybe he changes his mind???

54 minutes ago, kdogs00 said:

he was originally planning to play football...but with all the success he is having in track I have heard as well that he plans to concentrate on that...but, heck he is a freshman and once all the dust settles after track and football starts to ramp up...who knows, maybe he changes his mind???

Maybe the new coach can make a hard pitch to him for football.  Lol.  

3 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Both needed changes even if they didn’t wanna admit it.  Kinda helps Henderson gotta a qb out of the deal lol. Basically some are taking previous stops as a measuring stick of what will happen. This is not reality.

I hope that both hires will be perfect and have great success.  Though not from Henderson or a Henderson fan, I still think its best for all of East Texas for as many schools as possible to be good and competitive.  I also hope the new coach at Henderson will be willing to play Carthage again.  

• Like 1

Based on what we know, I like the Kilgore hire.  He's been with a winning program and as a DC his unit performed pretty well.  From what I have seen on the Henderson side, his last stop was not successful and as an OC they didn't perform very well on offense.  Now, PG had some horses on defense during tenure there.  Guessing Crowley wasn't stacked with top talent.

You never know but guess I have to say Kilgore...only because their hire is a complete unknown as an HC. Hendersons hire has a history as a head coach (with two different schools) and the results were not exactly something that will strike fear into Hendos opponents. We shall see......................

1 hour ago, EnjoyLife said:

You never know but guess I have to say Kilgore...only because their hire is a complete unknown as an HC. Hendersons hire has a history as a head coach (with two different schools) and the results were not exactly something that will strike fear into Hendos opponents. We shall see......................

I heard the new coach Hendersons getting did win states in 6 a with the other teams like Denton Guyer and the other one but didn't have success at Crowley, with Henderson haveing few talents from last year's added with a new coach and now a D1 QB that is what Henderson needed, last year's wasn't up the part and didn't have a D1 QB at that time.i believe Kilgore and Henderson going to be hard to beat in district this year, don't know nothing on Lindale since Jenkins Grad. And don't know nothing on Palis, nor Chill.

I'm really pumped with our New Coach he couldn't have come at a better time because Kilgore has some good athletes coming through just in time for Coach Fuller. Nothing  negative towards the coaching staff from last year and now but I'm so glad they didn't hire within because this hire is well overdue. Just a change can be good sometimes.

• Like 3