Better hire on paper... Kilgore or Henderson?

Eagleborn

16 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

I will say Kilgore as of now. 

Question for you and the rest of the board, what do you think about this AD only we are seeing in these two 4A schools?

Too answer that I would have to see a cost comparison between having one person filling both rolls and having two people filling the rolls. Hopefully seperating the jobs does not end up costing the taxpayers more. Not to mention it will likely be much harder to attract top football head coaching candidates without that AD title and pay. Maybe that is why Kilgore ended up with a guy with no previous HC experience and Henderson ended up with a guy with a 22-40 career record.

• Like 1

On 5/4/2021 at 3:56 PM, WhoamI97539 said:

I'm really pumped with our New Coach he couldn't have come at a better time because Kilgore has some good athletes coming through just in time for Coach Fuller. Nothing  negative towards the coaching staff from last year and now but I'm so glad they didn't hire within because this hire is well overdue. Just a change can be good sometimes.

From what I hear most kids are excited,  and sounds like there will be a culture change in Kilgore. Haven't heard nothing but good things thus far.

On 5/3/2021 at 9:31 PM, WhoamI97539 said:

You are absolutely right Kilgore has some athletes coming in. Heck not to mention they have a freshman running at the state track meet. He smoked Jordan Jenkins in the 200m in every race.

Jenkins game wasn't about speed. His game was about punishment in the 2nd half (go watch the film)

As far as the hire...I would have to say that Kilgore made the better hire. They went and plucked a guy from a state championship winning team that seems to have an outstanding culture.

Henderson found a guy who has some athletic kids and not a great track record.

Time will tell, but my money is on Kilgore over Henderson for the foreseeable future.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

Jenkins game wasn't about speed. His game was about punishment in the 2nd half (go watch the film)

As far as the hire...I would have to say that Kilgore made the better hire. They went and plucked a guy from a state championship winning team that seems to have an outstanding culture.

Time will tell, but my money is on Kilgore over Henderson for the foreseeable future.

The Jenkins comment was for track not football.

9 hours ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

Robinson was HC at Eastern Hills and FW Poly - 2 schools not known for their football and he still won a few games. 

Having championship experience as an assistant at Denton Guyer and Desoto must not count for much though. 

14 hours ago, Bucksweep said:

Robinson was HC at Eastern Hills and FW Poly - 2 schools not known for their football and he still won a few games. 

Having championship experience as an assistant at Denton Guyer and Desoto must not count for much though. 

He will not have the same type of kids at Henderson that he had at Denton Guyer and Desoto. 

Time will tell...I wonder if he can institute a positive and work ethic driven culture at Henderson. From an outsider's perspective, the culture there does not seem great. Body language was awful no matter what sport I watched them play. I will not pretend that I saw every game, but I saw them play 3 football games and a handful of basketball/baseball games. Not sure the culture there right now aligns with the goals.

Also, where those wins at Eastern Hills and FW Poly against other FWISD Schools? They are all playing bad football. I am not impressed with a 3-5 win season at those schools. I do understand that they are not known for football, but my goodness, neither are the schools they are in a district with usually.

14 hours ago, Bucksweep said:

Coach Robinson's best season as a head coach is 6-5 at FW Polytechnic High School. You could argue that 6 wins is really impressive at Poly. I would not disagree. However, I would remind you of who those wins are against:

Dallas Pinkston

Dallas Jefferson

Dallas Adamson

Dallas Sunset

FW Southwest

FW Western Hills

Impressive nonetheless, but it's not like they beat anyone worth writing home about.

1 hour ago, GoodOleBoy73 said:

Coach Robinson's best season as a head coach is 6-5 at FW Polytechnic High School. You could argue that 6 wins is really impressive at Poly. I would not disagree. However, I would remind you of who those wins are against:

Dallas Pinkston

Dallas Jefferson

Dallas Adamson

Dallas Sunset

FW Southwest

FW Western Hills

Impressive nonetheless, but it's not like they beat anyone worth writing home about.

Juggernauts 

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, ronstopable said:

On paper the new assistant coach at Rusk who was interviewed for the Houston Texans Head Coaching position might be better than either one of these guys. 21D41045-5424-4A47-BEC1-97F68863DA80.jpeg

I'm excited that Carthage gets to drum Josh McCown! 

5 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

You think as a coach, you never feel the pain when your team gets rolled? 

I don’t know, maybe.
I still think it’s cool he’s going to work with the Rusk kids and if you feel more satisfaction after the blowout because he’s coaching it’s a win win. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ronstopable said:

I don’t know, maybe.
I still think it’s cool he’s going to work with the Rusk kids and if you feel more satisfaction after the blowout because he’s coaching it’s a win win. 

I agree, that is very cool.  It's also fun to beat anyone, but particularly fun to beat someone famous, IMO.  I didn't say it with a mean spirit.  Haha.  

35 minutes ago, mikehoncho said:

I agree, that is very cool.  It's also fun to beat anyone, but particularly fun to beat someone famous, IMO.  I didn't say it with a mean spirit.  Haha.  

It would be cool if McCown turns Rusk into a Contender for all of the marbles; Have they ever even been to “The Dance?”

2 hours ago, CarthDawg77 said:

It would be cool if McCown turns Rusk into a Contender for all of the marbles; Have they ever even been to “The Dance?”

I don’t foresee them dancing but Coach Sitton has a really good coaching staff in place. Depending on what kids they have coming back they should improve. 

• Like 2

I think it's funny when talking about Castles we talked about how many wins he averaged each year, but when talking about Robinson, we have to analyze who those wins were against, because the teams they played weren't any good.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, JBizzle said:

I think it's funny when talking about Castles we talked about how many wins he averaged each year, but when talking about Robinson, we have to analyze who those wins were against, because the teams they played weren't any good.

Dang - your throwing stones at Tatum, Atlanta, Dangerfield and Newton now.  😂

9 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Dang - your throwing stones and Tatum, Atlanta, Dangerfield and Newton now.  😂

Haha, I'm really not, but I haven't seen anyone going through the analysis on it when talking about the wins he averaged every season.

Just want them to give the new guy a fair shake is all.

• Like 3

On 5/4/2021 at 1:19 PM, mrclean69 said:

Giving it to Kilgore due to his success at a similar size school in a similar area. Hope both hires do well though!

I wonder what offense Kilgore will run? 

I would say slot-t