Here's the appeal Chauvin's lawyer filed

Monte1076

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, JETT said:

The other jurors need to come out and say it did or did not influence me

I don't know if the judge will call them back in for further questioning or not. I don't know how many of them want their names/faces revealed.

Do you think Chauvin has a case for a possible mistrial/retrial? I really don't know.

2 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

I don't know if the judge will call them back in for further questioning or not. I don't know how many of them want their names/faces revealed.

Do you think Chauvin has a case for a possible mistrial/retrial? I really don't know.

IMO, with the evidence provided by both sides it wouldn't matter how many trials or who the jurors were, he'd be found guilty again.....  and rightfully so, somewhere there has to be a line drawn not allowing this type of treatment in America, yet we have so many upset and wanting it overturned... I don't get it, I guess a murder caught on camera isn't enough evidence in America, Rodney king, Emmett till all over again 

5 minutes ago, JETT said:

IMO, with the evidence provided by both sides it wouldn't matter how many trials or who the jurors were, he'd be found guilty again

Possibly, sure, but that's not the point. If a juror or jurors were unfairly biased going in (or possibly felt going in that they had to rule a certain way), that's a problem, wouldn't you agree?

5 minutes ago, JETT said:

IMO, with the evidence provided by both sides it wouldn't matter how many trials or who the jurors were, he'd be found guilty again.....  and rightfully so, somewhere there has to be a line drawn not allowing this type of treatment in America, yet we have so many upset and wanting it overturned... I don't get it, I guess a murder caught on camera isn't enough evidence in America, Rodney king, Emmett till all over again 

I don't think so many want it overturned as they want to make sure the jury was fair. The guy was guilty but I have seen guilty people walk like OJ Simpson, the jury said he was not guilty but this guy is being a idiot not for wearing that shirt but for talking after the trial. Bad move on his part. You wouldn't want a Klansman setting in as one of your juror's and I am sure this guy would want a BLM person judging him either. 

7 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

Possibly, sure, but that's not the point. If a juror or jurors were unfairly biased going in (or possibly felt going in that they had to rule a certain way), that's a problem, wouldn't you agree?

I agree, but who said this was the case? Because a guy where's a shirt he's biased?

4 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

I don't think so many want it overturned as they want to make sure the jury was fair. The guy was guilty but I have seen guilty people walk like OJ Simpson, the jury said he was not guilty but this guy is being a idiot not for wearing that shirt but for talking after the trial. Bad move on his part. You wouldn't want a Klansman setting in as one of your juror's and I am sure this guy would want a BLM person judging him either. 

A guy wearing a shirt with BLM doesn't make him part of that group, it also had MLK  on it, yeah I know, ppl hated him to SMH

19 minutes ago, JETT said:

So make an example, instead of giving proper justice?  

3 minutes ago, JETT said:

I agree, but who said this was the case? Because a guy where's a shirt he's biased?

That's why the judge might want to question him again. And Chauvin's attorney lists other reasons in the appeal as well.

13 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

He’s just for racial justice, not proper and fair justice

1 minute ago, Monte1076 said:

That's why the judge might want to question him again. And Chauvin's attorney lists other reasons in the appeal as well.

Isn't that chauvins lawyers job to do whatever he can to save his client?

Not rocket science.  If you're wearing a shirt that says "get your knees off my neck," associate yourself with marxist BLM movement which advocates for violence against police, and then go into a courtroom and essentially say you've no dog in fight, you shouldn't be allowed to sit in judgement of the police officer in question.  That's not to say that the police officer on trial should be set free,  only that he deserves a trial by an unbiased jury.  At minimum,  they should find out what kind of an influence this guy had on the jury.  Who knows, maybe they ignored him and thought he was a lunatic.  I don't know, but it's worth finding out, otherwise we're in another example of banana republic and kangaroo courts.

1 hour ago, DB2point0 said:

If there was a hung jury and one of the white jurors were later found to be a klan supporter, would you have an issue?   

this wouldn’t be proper justice either to me

Did Rodney king, Emmett till get fair trial, or justice? Was you as concerned about those cases?

1 hour ago, DB2point0 said:

He’s just for racial justice, not proper and fair justice

I'll be for proper and fair justice as soon as all criminals get the same sentencing by their crimes and not their race, don't you agree?

1 hour ago, JETT said:

A guy wearing a shirt with BLM doesn't make him part of that group, it also had MLK  on it, yeah I know, ppl hated him to SMH

Only the Democrats hated MLK

I think Chauvin was guilty...but I also think this juror likely had his mind made up before the trial even started. Hate to spend all that $ just to get the same result again but a re-trial seems like the only way to ensure a fair outcome.  

1 hour ago, EnjoyLife said:

I think Chauvin was guilty...but I also think this juror likely had his mind made up before the trial even started. Hate to spend all that $ just to get the same result again but a re-trial seems like the only way to ensure a fair outcome.  

I believe they all had their minds made up as did most common sense Americans, hence the reason it took only 10 hrs

4 hours ago, JETT said:

Did Rodney king, Emmett till get fair trial, or justice? Was you as concerned about those cases?

I was still playing little league when the Rodney king episode happened so I really can’t say if I was concerned about it. I bet you weren’t born either so you weren’t concerned with it either.   So really, I don’t know anything of it honestly.  Don’t feel like researching it either just to answer a question on sdc.  

4 hours ago, JETT said:

I'll be for proper and fair justice as soon as all criminals get the same sentencing by their crimes and not their race, don't you agree?

I would agree that punishment should be the same for first time offenders.  After first offense, your record should come into play