Here's the appeal Chauvin's lawyer filed

Monte1076

6 hours ago, Wild74 said:

I don't think so many want it overturned as they want to make sure the jury was fair. The guy was guilty but I have seen guilty people walk like OJ Simpson, the jury said he was not guilty but this guy is being a idiot not for wearing that shirt but for talking after the trial. Bad move on his part. You wouldn't want a Klansman setting in as one of your juror's and I am sure this guy would want a BLM person judging him either. 

A klan member and a BLM person are two different things. Legally, there may be a case, but it gets iffy b/c you have BLM formal group and just a BLM movement. The majority of people with a BLM shirt are not part of the group. They just believe black lives matter. If the shirt said all lives matter? would that call for a mistrial too? At the end of the day, they may be able to get another trial but it will be the same result.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

A klan member and a BLM person are two different things. Legally, there may be a case, but it gets iffy b/c you have BLM formal group and just a BLM movement. The majority of people with a BLM shirt are not part of the group. They just believe black lives matter. If the shirt said all lives matter? would that call for a mistrial too? At the end of the day, they may be able to get another trial but it will be the same result.

I think he is guilty of manslaughter but not murder.  

how are klan members and BLM any different?  They’re both proving to be racist groups.  The original notion of BLM was good and noble.  Maybe it has been infiltrated and steered differently, but it is no longer what it started out as.  

Just now, DB2point0 said:

I think he is guilty of manslaughter but not murder.  

how are klan members and BLM any different?  They’re both proving to be racist groups.  The original notion of BLM was good and noble.  Maybe it has been infiltrated and steered differently, but it is no longer what it started out as.  

If your knee is on the back of someone's neck and they say they can't breathe but you leave it there. That's murder. If I'm coaching a football team and a kid is telling me he can't breathe during conditioning on a hot day and I make that kid run and he dies. That's murder.

Wearing a shirt or holding up a sign that says BLM does not make you part of the official group. Some people just believe black lives matter. Also, the most obvious point. I don't think black lives matter burn any crosses or kill white people.

18 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

Thank you

4 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

If your knee is on the back of someone's neck and they say they can't breathe but you leave it there. That's murder.

I think that would depend on the length of time the officers knee was on his neck. If it was for say two minutes...just long enough to get the suspect subdued and cuffed...and the suspect died it would be unfortunate but not a crime on the officers part. 9+ minutes...that is a different story

Just now, EnjoyLife said:

I think that would depend on the length of time the officers knee was on his neck. If it was for say two minutes...just long enough to get the suspect subdued and cuffed...and the suspect died it would be unfortunate but not a crime on the officers part. 9+ minutes...that is a different story

You sir can now drop the mic 

1 minute ago, EnjoyLife said:

You just may be the most unbiased and logical poster on the political side of smoaky.

6 hours ago, JETT said:

IMO, with the evidence provided by both sides it wouldn't matter how many trials or who the jurors were, he'd be found guilty again.....  and rightfully so, somewhere there has to be a line drawn not allowing this type of treatment in America, yet we have so many upset and wanting it overturned... I don't get it, I guess a murder caught on camera isn't enough evidence in America, Rodney king, Emmett till all over again 

We do have a judicial system that does have an appeals process. And everyone, I mean everyone has a right to appeal a decision, all the way up to the Supreme Court. I know it costs the taxpayers lots of money, but I like our system better than what others have, or what I have read about in the past. The biggest problem seems to be what is a speedy trial. Seems that this trial took place rather quickly--less than a year, yet we can't get Ken Paxton in a court to see if he is guilty or not, nor can we get Cuomo in a court of law or an impeachment process to see if he is guilty. Yet, this one takes place so quick. 

3 minutes ago, DannyZuco said:

We do have a judicial system that does have an appeals process. And everyone, I mean everyone has a right to appeal a decision, all the way up to the Supreme Court. I know it costs the taxpayers lots of money, but I like our system better than what others have, or what I have read about in the past. The biggest problem seems to be what is a speedy trial. Seems that this trial took place rather quickly--less than a year, yet we can't get Ken Paxton in a court to see if he is guilty or not, nor can we get Cuomo in a court of law or an impeachment process to see if he is guilty. Yet, this one takes place so quick. 

Like the media types and liberals who said there shouldn't even be a trial. Seriously. They basically said he should have just been put in jail. No trial, no due process, none of that.

1 hour ago, ctown81 said:

If your knee is on the back of someone's neck and they say they can't breathe but you leave it there. That's murder. If I'm coaching a football team and a kid is telling me he can't breathe during conditioning on a hot day and I make that kid run and he dies. That's murder.

Wearing a shirt or holding up a sign that says BLM does not make you part of the official group. Some people just believe black lives matter. Also, the most obvious point. I don't think black lives matter burn any crosses or kill white people.

If they can talk, they’re breathing.  

that sign or shirt says you support the group.  I believe ALL lives matter.  “...that all men are created equal...”

jury intimidation is different than a klan burning crosses to run a black family off?  Bout the same to me.  Sends a similar message

23 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

A klan member and BLM are both hate  groups.  One is a afterthought of criminal behavior way back when. BLM is today . Both are about segregation and neither care about black peoples.

And black ppl don't care about them

tenor-1.gif

1 hour ago, ctown81 said:

Remember the part before he was on the ground claiming he couldn’t breathe?

6 hours ago, JETT said:

Did Rodney king, Emmett till get fair trial, or justice? Was you as concerned about those cases?

I'd say Rodney King did.  He was given $3.8 million by the city of L.A..  He even appeared on Celebrity Rehab that probably netted him at least $100,000 then another $100,00 advance on his book by his words.  He never saw any royalties on the book if there were any, because he drowned in his pool.  https://www.scpr.org/blogs/economy/2012/06/18/6667/what-kind-shape-were-rodney-kings-finances/

2 hours ago, ctown81 said:

Not really, because both would be biased.  That's how I see the analogy.  A BLM supporter may not be racist, but I believe that they would be biased especially against a cop in a trial like this.  I know if I was his attorney I would be telling him not to talk to the press about any of this.  He may not have one, but his words could get him in trouble, and possibly help Chauvin in his appeal.  

5 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

I'd say Rodney King did.  He was given $3.8 million by the city of L.A..  He even appeared on Celebrity Rehab that probably netted him at least $100,000 then another $100,00 advance on his book by his words.  He never saw any royalties on the book if there were any, because he drowned in his pool.  https://www.scpr.org/blogs/economy/2012/06/18/6667/what-kind-shape-were-rodney-kings-finances/

So the LAPD was held accountable for the beating... they were acquitted 

4 minutes ago, JETT said:

So the LAPD was held accountable for the beating... they were acquitted 

That's the jurors fault.  I'd say I'd take a beating like that for $3.8 million.  I used to say I'd get in the ring with Mike Tyson back in the late 80's for just $1 million.  I know I'd be lights out after one punch with probably a broken jar and nose, but that was a lot of money in the late 80's.  It's sad that King went almost broke before he died, and that he died by drowning.  

2 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

That's the jurors fault.  I'd say I'd take a beating like that for $3.8 million.  I used to say I'd get in the ring with Mike Tyson back in the late 80's for just $1 million.  I know I'd be lights out after one punch with probably a broken jar and nose, but that was a lot of money in the late 80's.  It's sad that King went almost broke before he died, and that he died by drowning.  

Can't the same be said about that jury that's being said about this 1? That the jury was influenced by the violence?

1 hour ago, JETT said:

Can't the same be said about that jury that's being said about this 1? That the jury was influenced by the violence?

Not at all, because more riots broke out after they were acquitted.  https://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/riots-erupt-in-los-angeles .  I remember that case well, and the aftermath.  Many photos have shown where Asian shopkeepers took to the roofs to prevent looting of their stores during the L.A. riots, and it's still happening today.  https://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-america/25-years-after-la-riots-koreatown-finds-strength-saigu-legacy-n749081