ABC News correspondent: 'Shun' people who refuse to get COVID-19 vaccine

RETIREDFAN1

30 minutes ago, EnjoyLife said:

Does it matter that their refusal to get vaccinated can have serious repercussions for others?

Like who, if you are talking about old folks most of those are vaccinated but the people who think there is repercussions need to get their lazy butts vaccinated for those who catch the virus will build anti-bodies  

24 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

Like who, if you are talking about old folks most of those are vaccinated but the people who think there is repercussions need to get their lazy butts vaccinated for those who catch the virus will build anti-bodies  

I can agree with that. 

9 hours ago, EnjoyLife said:

Does it matter that their refusal to get vaccinated can have serious repercussions for others?

Not if they stack their stupid masks deep enough it won’t; If folks are afraid of Covid, then by all means, Mask up, but don’t expect others to feel obliged to engage in the “group think” that wearing a mask is going to be an iron-clad guarantee of protection. I consider myself “Herd Immune” & refuse to indulge others by participating in Fauci’s mind games.

9 hours ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Not if they stack their stupid masks deep enough it won’t; If folks are afraid of Covid, then by all means, Mask up, but don’t expect others to feel obliged to engage in the “group think” that wearing a mask is going to be an iron-clad guarantee of protection. I consider myself “Herd Immune” & refuse to indulge others by participating in Fauci’s mind games.

I stopped wearing a mask a couple of weeks ago because I figure at this point people that are at high risk from covid have had plenty of opportunity to get vaccinated...and if they have chosen to not do so then that is on them. I have to admit...after a year it is pretty nice to not have to fool with a mask everytime I am in public.

2 hours ago, EnjoyLife said:

I stopped wearing a mask a couple of weeks ago because I figure at this point people that are at high risk from covid have had plenty of opportunity to get vaccinated...and if they have chosen to not do so then that is on them. I have to admit...after a year it is pretty nice to not have to fool with a mask everytime I am in public.

The Only place I heave worn them has been on airplanes; & only then because they won’t let you fly, or even be on their property without one. Most people I see are wearing them improperly, so why wear one at all if you aren’t going to wear it right? 

43 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

You mean with a 99% success rate?

Actually incorrect for the millionth time, but at least you didn't leave out words of that sentence. 

OUNTRY
CONFIRMED
DEATHS
CASE-FATALITY
DEATHS/100K POP.
United States 32,557,444 579,275 1.8% 176.48

13 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Actually incorrect for the millionth time, but at least you didn't leave out words of that sentence. 

OUNTRY
CONFIRMED
DEATHS
CASE-FATALITY
DEATHS/100K POP.
United States 32,557,444 579,275 1.8% 176.48

It's a nit-pick, but that's still over 98%. 100 - 1.8 = 98.2.

1 hour ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

You mean with a 99% success rate?

By "99% success rate" I assume you are claiming a 99% survival rate. Lets also assume that is correct. With a disease that can spread so rapidly and become so widespread that means hundreds of thousands of additional deaths...even if the mortality rate is "only" 1%. I do not think hundreds of thousands of deaths are an insignificant thing.

Hypertension and Diabetes are leading comorbidities for Covid-19...preventable thru diet and healthy habits...the lock downs  have causes even more damage by allowing fast food joints to flourish thereby making the US population even more unhealthy...   

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, gamewatcher63 said:

Hypertension and Diabetes are leading comorbidities for Covid-19...preventable thru diet and healthy habits...the lock downs  have causes even more damage by allowing fast food joints to flourish thereby making the US population even more unhealthy...   

You can definitely make the case that the lock downs have created their own set of health issues...both physical and mental...although  am not sure about the fast food thing. Last I heard far more people were cooking at home.

On 5/5/2021 at 1:09 PM, EnjoyLife said:

It won't if they are vaccinated.  The only repercussions there will be are for others that weren't vaccinated.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gamewatcher63 said:

Plus they didn't curb the spread of the virus.  

4 hours ago, EnjoyLife said:

You can definitely make the case that the lock downs have created their own set of health issues...both physical and mental...although  am not sure about the fast food thing. Last I heard far more people were cooking at home.

Many of those were comfort foods that aren't healthy.  It did lead to an increase though in some people eating healthy foods.  https://www.today.com/health/top-5-diet-nutrition-trends-2020-during-coronavirus-t203737