3a Baseball Playoffs

lionpride08

3 hours ago, Nick2011 said:

EF holds on 3-2 to beat Mt. Vernon and advance to round 3... New Diana vs EF! My guess is the series will be played at either ETBU/Marshall High School/Hallsville High School. 

We can’t play at Marshall they don’t like us lol 😂 we can ply at ETBU though 

EF held on with bases loaded in bottom 7th with MV batting to Sweep the Area round !! Nothing like having to sweat it out in both games after winning both till last inning lol but it keeps it interesting!!! Love my Jackets and looking forward to playing New Diana next week should be a good one I think the winner makes the regional final !!! 7A675FD7-1532-4522-9144-557A7BBCE063.jpeg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TigerEagle27 said:

That’s what everyone said about Sabine too and you see what happened.   That’s why they play the game. 😉

Nobody said that about Sabine 😂 Harmony was a big favorite in that series. 

• Like 1

Can anyone tell me why we have Div1 and Div2 in Football but not in Baseball or Basketball ? If they consider the amount of Students in a school to be an advantage in football then why wouldn’t it be in every sport ? My Jackets are advancing to 3rd round and are still at least 3 rounds from making it to Austin having to play 7 rounds to win State seems like a lot in my opinion they could split it up like Football and we would be done with all of it in a couple more weeks instead of mid to late June.  And before you all say it I know I know nobody cares about baseball 😂 except Baseball people. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jacket52 said:

Can anyone tell me why we have Div1 and Div2 in Football but not in Baseball or Basketball ? If they consider the amount of Students in a school to be an advantage in football then why wouldn’t it be in every sport ? My Jackets are advancing to 3rd round and are still at least 3 rounds from making it to Austin having to play 7 rounds to win State seems like a lot in my opinion they could split it up like Football and we would be done with all of it in a couple more weeks instead of mid to late June.  And before you all say it I know I know nobody cares about baseball 😂 except Baseball people. 

I wish it was split up too!  It is rough playing schools twice your size.  The reason I’ve heard is scheduling, travel time, and two games a week and one being during the school week. It isn’t that big a deal to drive 2+ hours on Friday night for a football game. But really tough to do it on a Tuesday night for baseball/basketball. 

I don’t know if it is a legitimate excuse but that is what I’ve been told. 

• Like 1

Guest Tiger03lb
14 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

'Koff' should win it all if they get through their region.

Agreed. 

Guest Tiger03lb
13 hours ago, Eagleborn said:

ATL is a team no ones talking bout. 

So is Maypearl and a few more

8 hours ago, Nick2011 said:

If I had to take a guess, it’s that baseball isn’t as dependent on size and speed as football and basketball. There’s more of an even playing field in baseball than other sports. You see 3a teams beating 4a and 5a teams all the time in baseball. 

That's why is said, baseball is the one sport that's unpredictable, no matter the classification 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TigerEagle27 said:

If Sabine had 8 kids that could pitch they must have left several in the dugout.  

There are other kids that can pitch, but I guess the coaches went with who they were most comfortable with. They get paid to make those decisions. lol. I knew Harmony was going to be a tough opponent.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

ETBU will be highly sought after this week in multiple classifications.  If I were EF & ND coaches I’d strongly consider Tatum.

ETBU is hosting a Softball regional tournament so nobody is using ETBU this week.  I think Hallsville and Marshall will do a Home and Home.  Tatum I believe is where the Atlanta vs Harmony series will be played it’s looking like EF vs Diana might have to travel to find Turf maybe Cumberland or Mike Carter but not sure. 

1 hour ago, jacket52 said:

ETBU is hosting a Softball regional tournament so nobody is using ETBU this week.  I think Hallsville and Marshall will do a Home and Home.  Tatum I believe is where the Atlanta vs Harmony series will be played it’s looking like EF vs Diana might have to travel to find Turf maybe Cumberland or Mike Carter but not sure. 

### is Cumberland?

3 hours ago, jacket52 said:

Gary has a pretty nice field for a small school.

• Like 1