Well the idiots in crockett are stupid

maxjean

7 minutes ago, nationalpastime said:

Why would you expect anything different from Crockett?  I didn't read what you actually posted just the title.

people around town did not want the prom to go on but since they were not listened to others suggested having it outside but were ignored so now we are here at this point and there are some #### off people in the community i can tell you.

• LOL! 1

23 minutes ago, maxjean said:

people around town did not want the prom to go on but since they were not listened to others suggested having it outside but were ignored so now we are here at this point and there are some #### off people in the community i can tell you.

Sounds like there are people in Crockett that need to be living in Washington DC, where "dancing" has been outlawed because of COVID. 

#footloose2021

:rofl:

• LOL! 3

25 minutes ago, maxjean said:

If people didn’t want the prom, couldn’t they just not go? Seems pretty easy

• Thanks 4

15 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Might be ugly folks that couldn’t get dates and sisters weren’t available. 

Now that's funny I don't care who you are and where you're from, if you know east Texas, you know it's true. :rofl:

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, maxjean said:

So "people" (you didn't use a number, so it could be two or it could be 20) didn't want kids to experience something that kids have been doing for over a hundred years in the name of safety?  The fearmongering has really gotten to some people pretty badly...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, maxjean said:

As a parent I see 2 things.  I can either put my foot down and refuse for my kid to go or teach them to try and understand the risk of them stepping outside of the house and there can bad things that can happen to them at any moment when they step out.

I've seen the statistics on the psychological impact of forcing people into a lockdown.  I also understand that prom is "just a thing" but for a lot of people in a small town that will never get out of it prom and homecoming are a BIG DEAL.  If you're expecting for the school to do what you want and they're not then get off your @$$ and get on the school board.

• Like 1