Systemic Racism

Youngcoach123

1 minute ago, CarthDawg77 said:

So do YOU believe photo ID before voting is a good idea?🤔

For the 9 millionth time, if it is accessible and affordable. It's not just that being put in place. It is a dozen other 'safeguards' designed to limit the ability to get the maximum amount of voters involved, including getting 'poll watchers' more power to be able to intimidate voters. Republicans know that the more people vote, the less chance they have. 

19 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

Prison sentencing is not iffy at all. Posted on many threads the numbers. when blacks and whites with similar records, blacks typically get longer sentences. Nothing iffy about that at all. Also, I've posted a couple of stories about judges getting paid under the table by private prisons to give minorities longer sentences. I even see it in DISD where preferential treatment is given to less diverse schools.

I agree with the prison sentencing.  I'm not exactly sure why it happens but it does.  Only fix I can see is mandatory sentences but I don't think most would be in favor of that solution.  Other than that I don't see much that could be considered systematic.  Individual idiots, yes.  That will always be the there and isn't limited to any one race.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

For the 9 millionth time, if it is accessible and affordable. It's not just that being put in place. It is a dozen other 'safeguards' designed to limit the ability to get the maximum amount of voters involved, including getting 'poll watchers' more power to be able to intimidate voters. Republicans know that the more people vote, the less chance they have. 

Dems know that the more illegal voters that vote, the better chance they have.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

Prison sentencing is not iffy at all. Posted on many threads the numbers. when blacks and whites with similar records, blacks typically get longer sentences. Nothing iffy about that at all. Also, I've posted a couple of stories about judges getting paid under the table by private prisons to give minorities longer sentences. I even see it in DISD where preferential treatment is given to less diverse schools.

Yes, I was hoping you would respond. I found some numbers the other day when not broke down by race but by class. And it was in line. Basically people who use public defenders had consistent sentencing. When separated by race it screwed the numbers. Not saying this is right either but it tends to add more clarity to the situation. I’ll try and find them again.

1 hour ago, JETT said:

Affected me personally i can say I've been fortunate to be successful and not be in trouble, Let's start with prison sentencing, let's then go to being accepted in college... plus more, I don't go to college so I wasn't affected there and I also haven't been to prison so no affect on me.... instead of questioning individuals how bout check the numbers and question the system? O yeah I forgot denial and it doesn't exist to some

lol, college?

You don’t want to go there. You ever heard of the United White boy college fund? Me either. 
Ask someone who is Asian about racism in college, they are the ones who are discriminated against. 

Check the numbers? Numbers don’t lie but liars use numbers

5 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

Well, since that is completely not factual or proven to ANY degree, anywhere, you would be very wrong. 

It was proven 6 months ago.  But one must have had a brain to have seen it.  Some folks may have missed it.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

6 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

Yes, I was hoping you would respond. I found some numbers the other day when not broke down by race but by class. And it was in line. Basically people who use public defenders had consistent sentencing. When separated by race it screwed the numbers. Not saying this is right either but it tends to add more clarity to the situation. I’ll try and find them again.

This would seem to be a possible reason that I hadn't really thought of.

1 minute ago, trashyhound said:

lol, college?

You don’t want to go there. You ever heard of the United White boy college fund? Me either. 
Ask someone who is Asian about racism in college, they are the ones who are discriminated against. 

Check the numbers? Numbers don’t lie but liars use numbers

Your last sentence has to be 1 of the dumbest quotes ever, instead of fact checking and disproving the numbers you attack ppl who show numbers? EPIC!!!

2 minutes ago, JETT said:

Your last sentence has to be 1 of the dumbest quotes ever, instead of fact checking and disproving the numbers you attack ppl who show numbers? EPIC!!!

Cry about it all you want Captain opressed but it’s a 100% true statement. 
If that’s the dumbest quote you’ve ever read you need to check out some of the BLM propaganda, it’ll blow your mind! 

51 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

Why does it have to affect an individual for them to know it exist or not like it? That's like someone saying, "I against human trafficking" and you saying , "how has it affected you"

It doesn’t, but you do have to prove its existence. 
The difference between human trafficking and systemic racism is that human trafficking actually happens. 

2 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

Cry about it all you want Captain opressed but it’s a 100% true statement. 
If that’s the dumbest quote you’ve ever read you need to check out some of the BLM propaganda, it’ll blow your mind! 

Not crying at all, just pointing that ludicrous statement, and what does BLM have to do with this? What's next black on black crime, abortion? Try to stay on topic and if you can't prove racism doesn't exist just say it 😉

Just now, JETT said:

Not crying at all, just pointing that ludicrous statement, and what does BLM have to do with this? What's next black on black crime, abortion? Try to stay on topic and if you can't prove racism doesn't exist just say it 😉

Oh no captain oppressed, Remember the burden of proof is on the accuser. Ol9er should’ve taught you that. 

2 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

Oh no captain oppressed, Remember the burden of proof is on the accuser. Ol9er should’ve taught you that. 

Numbers have been posted on here, now your claim is liars use numbers... SMH

39 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

I mean coming from a race who has received very little discrimination if any, y'all sure seem to be experts.

My post was coming from a person who has seen actual racism from the 50’s.  I have no idea of your age, but if you’ve seen real racism you realize that today, for all practical purposes, racism is not a systemic problem.  Yes, there are individual black white, brown and red racist.  Always will be, but nothing like real systemic racism.  No sitting in the back of the bus.  No water fountains saying “Whites Only & “Colored Only”.  No white only restaurants.    We’ve come so far, but those on the Left don’t acknowledge that, all they do is try to reprise the hate and make blacks feel like victims, and themselves as saviors.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, JETT said:

Your last sentence has to be 1 of the dumbest quotes ever

19 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

Ya'll must have forgot that Lion still posts here.......:rofl:

47 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

no one said it never existed.....read slowly so you might get it this time......SYSTEMIC RACISM ENDED WITH JIM CROW........do you even know what the term "systemic racism" means??? 

Liberals have a real problem with reading comprehension.  Comparable to my problem with advanced math.

• LOL! 1

48 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

“9 millionth “?

If I’ve told you once I’ve told you a trillion times, STOP EXAGGERATING!

• Thanks 1