Systemic Racism

Youngcoach123

32 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

I know what it means.  I just don't the difference between a racist system and a racist running the system. If the results were different, I'd see things your way but if they're the same, I don't.

The system isn't flawed, it's the racist that worked his way up that's flawed....HUGE difference for people who are logical, and not being led by their emotions....

40 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

The system isn't flawed, it's the racist that worked his way up that's flawed....HUGE difference for people who are logical, and not being led by their emotions....

Extremely easy for people to be logical if you've never been in a position of discrimination in any aspect based on race alone.

Just now, ctown81 said:

Extremely easy for people to be logical if you've never been in a position of discrimination in any aspect based on race alone.

Being in that position appears to be very troubling for the person, and sometimes destructive.  I worked with an excellent white employee who was expecting a promotion, but it went to an excellent black employee, who hadn’t been been there as long.  My white friend felt he had been discriminated against on race alone.  He started to drink to much and to often.  Then followed divorce, then he lost his job.  His choices were terrible, but yes, discrimination based on race is wrong.

Btw, the black employee and I are still friends & he was one of the best bosses I had.  I would trust him with my family’s lives.

5 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Being in that position appears to be very troubling for the person, and sometimes destructive.  I worked with an excellent white employee who was expecting a promotion, but it went to an excellent black employee, who hadn’t been been there as long.  My white friend felt he had been discriminated against on race alone.  He started to drink to much and to often.  Then followed divorce, then he lost his job.  His choices were terrible, but yes, discrimination based on race is wrong.

Btw, the black employee and I are still friends & he was one of the best bosses I had.  I would trust him with my family’s lives.

Discrimination is wrong regardless of race, but this is one incident. Choices were definitely wrong.  I couldn't imagine what would happen if it were the norm for him.

2 hours ago, JETT said:

Do you ever think the republicans have done anything wrong? You sure don't make a case on here if they have, maybe that's why I don't say anything bad about the D's cause yall have that taken care of... no matter the issue it's always the D's fault.... DAMN D's!!!!

Republicans dont call everybody racist that disagrees with them.  That’s what I was merely pointing out.  Once again, you missed the point.  

the republicans Ran John McCain and Mitt Romney, that was dumb.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

That story seemed to indicate that someone may have sensed stronger character in the Black employee over your white friend, because look how a job setback threw him down the stairs. So, the right choice was made, right? 

6 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

That story seemed to indicate that someone may have sensed stronger character in the Black employee over your white friend, because look how a job setback threw him down the stairs. So, the right choice was made, right? 

I admit on the character thing, but things effect different people differently.  But why would the company know that weakness in his character?  On the job, he was an excellent employee, giving no indication of his weakness, that I know of.  I suspect the choice was primarily on race.  At that time (about 1970) there were no blacks in supervisory positions.  The company made a good choice, but everyone suspected it was based on race.  He would’ve eventually gotten promoted anyway.

1 hour ago, DB2point0 said:

Republicans dont call everybody racist that disagrees with them.  That’s what I was merely pointing out.  Once again, you missed the point.  

the republicans Ran John McCain and Mitt Romney, that was dumb.  

BS, yall do it on here every damn day

1 minute ago, DB2point0 said:

What?

You said republicans don't call everyone racist that don't agree with them, yet yall post topic after topic here daily calling democrats racist because whatever the reason may be.... double standards 

3 minutes ago, JETT said:

You said republicans don't call everyone racist that don't agree with them, yet yall post topic after topic here daily calling democrats racist because whatever the reason may be.... double standards 

Missed once again...., I said democrats meaning politicians.  You know, we were talking about politicians.  

3 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Missed once again...., I said democrats meaning politicians.  You know, we were talking about politicians.  

So republican politicians don't call the D's racist? I learned something today