Systemic Racism

Youngcoach123

10 hours ago, JETT said:

Affected me personally i can say I've been fortunate to be successful and not be in trouble, Let's start with prison sentencing, let's then go to being accepted in college... plus more, I don't go to college so I wasn't affected there and I also haven't been to prison so no affect on me.... instead of questioning individuals how bout check the numbers and question the system? O yeah I forgot denial and it doesn't exist to some

It was Biden's bill as a Senator that put so many black people behind bars, and Trump ended that.  Of course it's still DontheCon's fault according to you, and not the current President in the White House.  Then his Vice President was incarcerating thousands of blacks as a DA for marijuana use, but she herself admitted that she was a past toker.  It would be a hoot if Biden brought back his old law that he passed, because it seems he's been trying to undo all the good that Trump has done for this country.  

9 hours ago, ctown81 said:

Prison sentencing is not iffy at all. Posted on many threads the numbers. when blacks and whites with similar records, blacks typically get longer sentences. Nothing iffy about that at all. Also, I've posted a couple of stories about judges getting paid under the table by private prisons to give minorities longer sentences. I even see it in DISD where preferential treatment is given to less diverse schools.

Again, that was under the old Biden law passed in 1994.  Trump destroyed it.  Hopefully that will be corrected, but under Biden who knows.  

1 minute ago, DaveTV1 said:

It was Biden's bill as a Senator that put so many black people behind bars, and Trump ended that.  Of course it's still DontheCon's fault according to you, and not the current President in the White House.  Then his Vice President was incarcerating thousands of blacks as a DA for marijuana use, but she herself admitted that she was a past toker.  It would be a hoot if Biden brought back his old law that he passed, because it seems he's been trying to undo all the good that Trump has done for this country.  

This whole quote shows how bad of a candidate R's chose, ppl overlooked all that to 1 term his ###.... LMAO, I like the way you say DonTheCon 

9 hours ago, ctown81 said:

So....explain redlining. Explain, blacks still not being allowed into certain universities. You're smarter than this. It  did not end. Just gave you two examples off the top of my head.

Name a single University or College in the United States that does not allow blacks.  I can't name one.  I realize in some states that there maybe a small percentage of black students, but those are generally in states that have a low % of blacks that live in those states.  Some schools do have stringent academic standards to enroll, but many of those colleges and universities have diversity programs to increase the number of minority students at those campuses.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JETT said:

So republican politicians don't call the D's racist? I learned something today 

When they use racist terms and set racist policies then yes we do, and D's should as well, but they let it slide every time.  

28 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

Name a single University or College in the United States that does not allow blacks.  I can't name one.  I realize in some states that there maybe a small percentage of black students, but those are generally in states that have a low % of blacks that live in those states.  Some schools do have stringent academic standards to enroll, but many of those colleges and universities have diversity programs to increase the number of minority students at those campuses.  

That’s a cricket post if I ever saw one.  Statement was so ridiculous, it was embarrassing.   

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DaveTV1 said:

I was referring to after 1965 to the original post he had that said it all ended after Jim Crow. 

54 minutes ago, Hagar said:

That’s a cricket post if I ever saw one.  Statement was so ridiculous, it was embarrassing.   

Whatever. I wasn't even talking about today. I was referring to a post that said systemic racism ended in 1965. You tried it though. 

14 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

Whatever. I wasn't even talking about today. I was referring to a post that said systemic racism ended in 1965. You tried it though. 

You need to make an effort to be more specific.  But we all F-up a post every now & then.  At my age, I have to stop & remember which words to use - or, our, are - there, their, they’re.  Those used to be automatic, but now, no telling which word I’m liable to stick in.  Funny thing, I won’t notice until right after I hit the enter button.   😂😂😂

10 hours ago, Hagar said:

You need to make an effort to be more specific.  But we all F-up a post every now & then.  At my age, I have to stop & remember which words to use - or, our, are - there, their, they’re.  Those used to be automatic, but now, no telling which word I’m liable to stick in.  Funny thing, I won’t notice until right after I hit the enter button.   😂😂😂

😂😂 in order to make an effort, I have to think @RETIREDFAN1 is worth the effort. 😂😂 Just joking Colmes. 

• LOL! 2

38 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

😂😂 in order to make an effort, I have to think @RETIREDFAN1 is worth the effort. 😂😂 Just joking Colmes. 

I’ve met Colmes.  At that time, he was a physically imposing man.  Since then he’s went on one of those fad diets.  Alas, I think he’s nothing more than a pencil neck geek now.   😂😂🤣😂😂.   

• LOL! 2

44 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

A prime example of my mental loss.  On another site, I was posting on Covid deaths.  Instead of posting 586 Thousand deaths, I posted 586 Million.  Another poster pointed out everyone in America would have to have died twice - 😂😂😂.   Didn’t I feel like the village idiot. 🤪

7 hours ago, Hagar said:

I’ve met Colmes.  At that time, he was a physically imposing man.  Since then he’s went on one of those fad diets.  Alas, I think he’s nothing more than a pencil neck geek now.   😂😂🤣😂😂.   

As I read that, It was in Freddie Blassie's voice 🤣

• LOL! 1