4A Region 2 Baseball

51 minutes ago, RoughnedOdorsRightHook said:

From how both teams have been in the past. They will be decent opponents but I expect LE and PG to move on. 

both tend to benefit from weaker districts

i could be wrong though since i havent seen either play, but thats how theyve been in the past

^^ This

Canton has a good No. 1 and a pretty good team behind him. But I don't know if they have the depth to come out on top against a team like PG in a 3-game series. The Hawks have the pedigree and the depth in my opinion. I'll echo the same thing for LE vs Kaufman, too. The Leopards have a rich baseball history. I think they win that series fairly convincingly. I think PG gets pushed but wins the series over Canton 2-1.

On 5/8/2021 at 5:25 AM, Sportsfanatic1 said:

A lot of baseball yet to be played but my finalist in this region are Bullard vs Celina.

Bullard can be beat in a 3 game series... if they start winning flips for single game then that's trouble for everyone else

• Like 1

13 hours ago, WiseGuy said:

Bullard can be beat in a 3 game series... if they start winning flips for single game then that's trouble for everyone else

Bullard has a good #2 pitcher but he isn't money like their ace stud! They remind me a lot like the Kilgore team that went to state a couple of years ago. Bullard is rocking and rolling at the moment. But yes the best way to beat them right now is in the 3 game series.

On 5/11/2021 at 8:23 AM, WiseGuy said:

LE will have their hands full against Kaufman.   Hope they can play well and move on and hopefully get Bullard.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, itsallheart said:

From what I am told the Anna game ended bottom 7th runner steal second over throw into outfield, outfield missed the ball runner scored game over

Didn’t hear about the finish, but I saw where Hector had a rough first inning, gave up both of Godley’s runs. He then held them hitless over the next 6 innings, which allowed the Coyotes to make a comeback.

The Foxes did just enough to win game two 2-0 and force a game three Sat @ 1pm.  SH must have used all their hits up last night because they were few and far between tonight.  The CM Soph RH pitcher kept the Panthers off balance all night and threw a complete game shutout.

Argyle being Argyle

W7 Argyle (23-9) VS T5 Burkburnett (23-7-1)
Game 1: Argyle 14 Burkburnett 1
Game 2: Argyle 11 Burkburnett 0 (Argyle Advances)

W16 Bullard (25-6) VS R13 Sunnyvale (19-9-1) 
Game 1: Bullard 7 Sunnyvale 0
Game 2: Bullard 9 Sunnyvale 1 (Bullard Advances)

PG being PG

W14 Canton (24-4) VS R15 Texarkana Pleasant Grove (25-7) 
Game 1: TPG 5 Canton 2
Game 2: TPG 4 Canton 3 (TPG Advances)

Celina to play game 3 at 1 today against WAX Life. Celina with the huge pitching advantage today.

1 hour ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Baseball has no enemies...Game 3: Wax Life 6 Celina 5 (Wax Life Advances)

Wow. Didn’t see that coming. Was looking forward to seeing a Melissa-Celina 3rd round Matchup. Melissa absolutely overwhelmed Alvarado sweeping the series in 2 games by combined 21-0 only giving up a total of 8 hits in the series.

17 minutes ago, Texski said:

Wow. Didn’t see that coming. Was looking forward to seeing a Melissa-Celina 3rd round Matchup. Melissa absolutely overwhelmed Alvarado sweeping the series in 2 games by combined 21-0 only giving up a total of 8 hits in the series.

Alvarado is horrible! It's Melissa's to meet in the regional finals.

All I know about Melissa is they have facilitys that make Bama's football's blush.