4A Region 2 Baseball

37 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Alvarado is horrible! It's Melissa's to meet in the regional finals.

All I know about Melissa is they have facilitys that make Bama's football's blush.

Yep. Alvarado was not good. Don’t think they ever had a runner past 2nd today & Melissa led 4-0 after 1st inning on just 2 hits. Melissa left 10+ runners on base so could have been way worse than 12-0. Crazy thing is Alvarado swept Wax Life in district play but Celina also swept Melissa in district so just perhaps about getting hot at right time.

• Like 1

IMHO.......Aubrey(30-4) is the real deal this season on the diamond.  They had a pretty decent football season too with this current group.  I'd be keeping a close eye on them to make a deep run.  They did lose both games to Celina (2-1)(5-2) and one to Melissa(4-3) in district play.  The only other game they lost was the very first game of the season to Rowlett (8-1).  Any team that wins 30 games must have some decent fielding, pitching, and hitting.......only 4 losses in 34 games.  Not too shabby.  They get a 3-gamer with Godley........we'll see how they do against quality competition.

On 5/15/2021 at 8:04 PM, Texski said:

Yep. Alvarado was not good. Don’t think they ever had a runner past 2nd today & Melissa led 4-0 after 1st inning on just 2 hits. Melissa left 10+ runners on base so could have been way worse than 12-0. Crazy thing is Alvarado swept Wax Life in district play but Celina also swept Melissa in district so just perhaps about getting hot at right time.

Edited by CrankyOldMan

19 hours ago, Footballalltheway said:

How come the UIL website shows it Melissa vs Celina next round.  Did Wax Life have to forfeit for some reason?  

I think it is just a typo but it still shows that on the UIL bracket.  But if you look under the details of that series it shows Life Wax advances.

1 hour ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Bullard must have won that flip?

LE won the flip to get a 3 game series. Was originally suppose to be played at Marshall but with them still playing ad having graduation Friday it got moved to whitehouse

13 minutes ago, WiseGuy said:

LE won the flip to get a 3 game series. Was originally suppose to be played at Marshall but with them still playing ad having graduation Friday it got moved to whitehouse

Well, advantage Bullard as far as home field. They can throw a rock and hit that stadium.

On 5/15/2021 at 5:56 PM, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Baseball has no enemies...Game 3: Wax Life 6 Celina 5 (Wax Life Advances)

Goodness!  Anybody know what happened in game 3?  Losing to a 3rd place team from a mediocre district cannot sit well with bobcat fans.  I know they had pretty high expectations for this team.

2 minutes ago, ObiOne said:

Goodness!  Anybody know what happened in game 3?  Losing to a 3rd place team from a mediocre district cannot sit well with bobcat fans.  I know they had pretty high expectations for this team.

I watched the first game and said " i'm waisting my time." Celina was by far the superior team from what I saw.

51 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Any word on where they will play? I know PG has turf and SH has turf infield but with this much rain I think it will take an all turf field.

I have not heard yet.  We got a LOT of rain this morning in Longview. A golf tourney I was scheduled to play in on Fri was rescheduled for June.  I agree it will likely take an all turf field to play this week.

5 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Any word on where they will play? I know PG has turf and SH has turf infield but with this much rain I think it will take an all turf field.

PG does NOT have turf. That field will be sloppy Saturday if the forecast stays true 

On 5/18/2021 at 3:39 PM, touchdownlsu said:

I hate one game series. It only says who’s got the one best pitcher and sometimes not necessarily the best overall team.

True, but when you get to the final four that's what youre gonna play.