4A Region 2 Baseball

Melissa waxed Wax Life 10-0 game 1 and today in game 2 12-1. Life never had a chance in this series and I can’t figure out how they beat Celina. Melissa got some really favorable matchups last 2 rounds and has won last 4 playoff games by combined 43-1 scores.

2 minutes ago, Texski said:

Melissa waxed Wax Life 10-0 game 1 and today in game 2 12-1. Life never had a chance in this series and I can’t figure out how they beat Celina. Melissa got some really favorable matchups last 2 rounds and has won last 4 playoff games by combined 43-1 scores.

They will have their hands full against PG hopefully those last 2 favorable matchups doesn't come back to bite them! 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

It’s all good.  You got my hope up again, and then we lost again.  Good luck PG.  😂

Great run by SH and Trevor especially after all the the seniors that graduated from last year! I remember when he was a straight running DUDE in his playing days. I think he will only make the program stronger.

Also, I've been very good friends with Collin's mother for a long time.

• Thanks 1

PG gets a very hot Melissa team that has some players.  LE gets an always very good Godley team.  Argyle already beat Godley during the regular season......maybe LE can too.  IMO......look out for Melissa.  They have lost to teams they should have beaten, but now they on a roll.  PG seems to be PG.......a very good baseball program like Spring Hill and Argyle.  Maybe the two Texarkana teams will meet for the regional final.......when is the last time that happened???

Bullard and Spring Hill both had 1 guy that could throw.   PG has several arms that can throw and LE has 3 or 4 that can throw.   It’s tough to win a 3 game series with 1 guy on the mound.   Don’t know much about Godley but they better have more than 1 pitcher since it will be a 3 game series.   I don’t see Melissa beating PG.  

This season's young Argyle Eagles baseball squad looks pretty darn exceptional to me at this juncture........they have quality pitching, some very good hitters, and are very very tight on defense.  Argyle will get Andrews in the next round while Stephenville will play the Riverside Rangers out of El Paso.  I look for Argyle to keep winning if they get a 3-gamer, and Riverside to show up against a good Stephenville team.  Playing Argyle in a one-gamer is Andrews best chance to advance......IMHO.  Argyle has lots of firepower and pitching depth.

Pleasant Grove Hawks Releases details on Regional semi final baseball playoff series bs Melissa
Regional Semi-Finals
PG vs Melissa
Game 1 - May 28 - 12 pm
Game 2 - May 29 TBD
Game 3 - May 29 - After game 2
All games to be played at Mike Carter Field in Tyler and all games on 94.1 FM ESPN-Texarkana

Looks like the baseball "programs" in 4A are still in the hunt......Calallen, Sinton, PG, LE, and Argyle.  Some good teams have been eliminated.......and some good teams are still playing.  The Road to Austin has a little less traffic now.....but still proceed with caution.