Schumer V McConnell

DannyZuco

They don't meet very often in the same room. 

Looking at the new law--the dems want to pass--I have to ask our liberal friends

1. Which states don't offer in-person early voting? 

2. Why do we need "no-excuse" absentee voting? 

3. Why do we need same-day voter registration? 

Personally--I could support a plan that said that all states had to have early voting 14 days prior and including the Sunday before the national election. Open 24/7. Closing at Midnight on the Sunday prior to election. Only if voter registration in all states had to be completed 30 days prior to the election, like here in the GREAT state of Texas. Not really sure about the absentee voting thing--prefer that they have to go through some steps for it, but if they showed an ID and signature to get it and return it, I'd be okay with any excuse. But I would NEVER support allowing Independent commissions to redistrict--because as we all know--they are just as crooked at the legislature, and besides I believe the Constitution says that is left up to the legislatures of the states. 

The power to redraw state legislative and congressional districts, however, is expressly provided to the state legislatures by the U.S. Constitution.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/schumer-vs-mcconnell-a-side-by-side-duel-over-dems-election-bill/ar-BB1gBZBi?li=BBnb7Kz

If enacted into law, the legislation would amount to a sweeping overhaul of federal elections across the country. It would mandate in-person early voting in all states, require that states offer no-excuse absentee voting and institute automatic and same-day voter registration across the country, among other provisions. In addition, it would require most states to create independent redistricting commissions for future cycles.