Bonham news

Ballboy23

More like the 50's. Their problem, like so many others, is leadership. They have a couple of guys on the board that think they know exactly what type of offense and defense should be ran. No joke. Not just who should be the coach and who should not, but actually what you should run and what's best for their school. No stringent forms of accountability in the school system either, thus drugs are a prevalent problem.

Don't know this coach, so I have no opinion on him, but the cards are stacked against the guy. Good Luck!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, CodeBreaker said:

More like the 50's. Their problem, like so many others, is leadership. They have a couple of guys on the board that think they know exactly what type of offense and defense should be ran. No joke. Not just who should be the coach and who should not, but actually what you should run and what's best for their school. No stringent forms of accountability in the school system either, thus drugs are a prevalent problem.

Don't know this coach, so I have no opinion on him, but the cards are stacked against the guy. Good Luck!

Time period I referenced they were winning 7 to 10 games a year. That's pretty good. But overall their football history is pretty bad 

5 hours ago, BuckNut said:

Bonham seems like a place that could build a proud football town it is very similar to Gilmer or Mineola.  Both of those have built winners.

I could be dead wrong, but I don’t think Bonham is anywhere close to similar to Gilmer or Mineola. 

On 5/13/2021 at 11:30 AM, CodeBreaker said:

I know about the board thinking they know exactly who they think the head coach should be.  Even when the Administration team recommends someone who they've interviewed and done all the homework on.