This doesn't have to do with politics...but I thought since a number of you are teachers (or retired teachers), you might like this...

Monte1076

It's sort of a "brain teaser", although it really isn't. I found it in a book some of you might like called "Godel, Escher, and Bach: An Eternal Golden Braid" by Douglas Hofstadter.

It's called the MU puzzle. Try to do it without looking it up (unless you already know the answer). I'll let it sit for a few days before I give the answer.

Here's how it works: You must apply the rules below, in any given order, to transform one string into another. You have three letters to use: M, I, and U. You start with the string MI. The rules are:

1. Add a U to the end of any string ending with I.
2. Double the string after the M.
3. Replace any III with U.
4. Remove any UU.

Using the above rules, can you convert the string MI to MU? Show your work, if possible.

8 hours ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Having to show work is racist in California....(there's your political tie in....)😂😂

Is that because they allow their students to use calculators and computers to compute their math solving abilities for them ?  I see many workers can't do basic math in their heads everyday.  When I ask them why it seems to difficult they actually say it takes too much thinking.  I don't think when I do basic math, I compress it to even more basic math in my brain.