The morbidly obese teacher is worried that a vaccinated teenager will make her “get sick and die.

Wild74

3 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

He finds it offensive that Matt Walsh calls them “he” and “her”

I'm more interested in what he thinks of the teacher berating the student like that. And how he would handle a situation such as that one.

1 minute ago, Monte1076 said:

I'm more interested in what he thinks of the teacher berating the student like that. And how he would handle a situation such as that one.

Seriously though,  I’m betting that Barry wouldn’t talk to a student like that. He saves all his angry talk for us conservatives! 😂

9 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

I am curious what @BarryLaverty thinks about this.

1 minute ago, trashyhound said:

Seriously though,  I’m betting that Barry wouldn’t talk to a student like that. He saves all his angry talk for us conservatives! 😂

I have gotten angry or upset with students over the years, but I sure wouldn't do that kind of name calling and berating in a classroom setting. My 'conferences' are in the hall, with gritted teeth and counting to 10, before they start. Rarely ever written up kids, but handled my business myself, teaching and coaching, with only exceptions being drugs, intoxication or assaults, of which I have had thankfully few over the years. I do sarcasm very well, from time to time, hopefully to be funny.

That teacher needs to be disciplined and/or removed from a classroom setting for the remainder of the year. I would give her some grace because you just can't know the weirdness of the year, unless you have been inside of it, and that has made good teachers not always be their best. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BarryLaverty said:

That teacher needs to be disciplined and/or removed from a classroom setting for the remainder of the year.

Especially if the student is indeed vaccinated. It's harder (though not impossible) based on what I've read, for a vaccinated person to spread the virus to an unvaccinated person.

8 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

She should not have spoke to him that way but why couldn't he just comply? I mean, the rules say he should wear his mask properly.

You make a good point. And my guess is that the filming might have made it a set up. Still...when in doubt, take a breather. 

Teachers should be suspended for the rest of the year. 

If a school district still has rules about wearing masks, then the student should follow the rules or be disciplined by the teachers. I like Barry, would never talk to a student like that in front of others, let alone knowing that cameras can be taken out at any time. When in the classroom, those conversations are in the hallway, but now a days, they are in my office. Blinds open, so the assistant can see what is taking place and a desk between myself and a student. 

Also, like Barry said, if students know what is expected and who you are, they won't do many stupid things in front of you. Because they know that teachers like that follow through with things, not just empty threats. This teacher in the video, is probably one they try daily to get a rise out of and seem to succeed regularly. She also needs to read the science, not listen to CNN.

10 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

You make a good point. And my guess is that the filming might have made it a set up. Still...when in doubt, take a breather. 

Absolutely! 
there’s only one person who can lose their job in this scenario!