More parents pick home-schooling after pandemic

Monte1076

If their kids were failing while taking classes online, then I think they need to be in school.  I sort of trust online schooling more than home schooling, because many parents don't have the training to educate their children or have the education themselves to help tutor them through certain subjects.  They might be brilliant at math, but could have struggled in Science or other subjects.  I know you wouldn't want me teaching English Literature, because I hated most English writers especially Shakespeare, Dickens, Jane Austin, and Emily Bronte.  The only book I liked by Dickens was "A Tale of Two Cities".  

2 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Didnt like Oliver Twist or A Christmas Carol????

Nope, and even hated watching "A Christmas Carol".  I didn't even like "Scrooged" but went to see it because Bill Murray was in it.  Now if you want me to teach The Lost Generation writers and include Orwell as well as Beat writers of the 50's and 60's we have ourselves a deal.  I find it odd that George Orwell isn't usually listed as a Lost Generation writer, then again, they may know that he wasn't lost.  I'd even add Louis L'Amour and Zane Grey. I would also add Gregory McDonald, while his book that was turned into a movie that was a little bit different the book he won back to back Edgars with his first two books.  His entire catalog is great though.  

• Like 1