SCOTUS smacks down warrantless seizure of guns

RETIREDFAN1

41 minutes ago, Youngcoach123 said:

I can’t even with you sometimes. Read the article and try to understand what it’s talking about before aimlessly responding with nonsense that’s off topic.

I could care less what the article says, it's the same difference... no knock warrants or search warrants... private property is private property... or do you disagree 

16 minutes ago, JETT said:

I could care less what the article says, it's the same difference... no knock warrants or search warrants...

The difference being is they had a warrant and this ruling was not on a case challenging no knock warrants so it wouldn't have affected what happened to her at all.......

• Like 1

4th Amendment:

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

3 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

The difference being is they had a warrant and this ruling was not on a case challenging no knock warrants so it wouldn't have affected what happened to her at all.......

Private property is private property, I don't care what anyone says... no 1 should be allowed to search someone's place whether they have a piece of paper or not saying it's ok... 

• Like 1
  • Roll Eyes 1
  • Stinks 1

1 minute ago, JETT said:

Private property is private property, I don't care what anyone says... no 1 should be allowed to search someone's place whether they have a piece of paper or not saying it's ok... 

Maybe. But private property can be taken from you, legally. Try missing a property tax payment and see what happens.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JETT said:

The Constitution says otherwise....

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Just now, RETIREDFAN1 said:

The Constitution says otherwise....

So this ruling that was 9-0 should be thrown out cause the constitution says otherwise right?

Just now, JETT said:

So this ruling that was 9-0 should be thrown out cause the constitution says otherwise right?

Nope....if you READ the article the ruling says NO warrantless searches at all.......just like the Fourth Amendment clearly states.......

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JETT said:

I think Retiredfan is right. It prohibits warrantless searches of your residence. What I would like to have seen them done is extend that to someone's vehicle, too. The Constitution still exists in your car.

1 minute ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Nope....if you READ the article the ruling says NO warrantless searches at all.......just like the Fourth Amendment clearly states.......

You ought to know by now I aint reading 

• LOL! 1

1 minute ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

And if you would have paid attention in government class you'd know that rulings from SCOTUS are final......

I graduated long ago, and honestly I make a good living without knowing all that stuff...

But I do like the part about SCOTUS, it spells irony all over it about this last election 

3 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

I think Retiredfan is right. It prohibits warrantless searches of your residence. What I would like to have seen them done is extend that to someone's vehicle, too. The Constitution still exists in your car.

Don't get him to excited, he gets all giddy inside when he's right 

• LOL! 1

10 minutes ago, Monte1076 said:

Amen......

34 minutes ago, JETT said:

I don't believe in no knock warrants.  They should announce their presence before entering, however it is not illegal search and seizure if they have a warrant signed off by a judge.  Generally it takes a lot of evidence to have a judge sign off on a warrant.  That is the check and balance of warrants.  A no knock to inform people that police are about to enter a home leads to too many tragedies.  I also don't like search warrants being used in the middle of the night or the early morning.  People are sleeping to get ready for work.  They wake up groggy from Mr. Sandman and may not even be aware the police are barging in which could lead to them shooting at the police.  I think the earliest they should be done is around 7 am.  Stake out the house, and once lights come or a door opens then make your presence known and act according to the dangers that might be possible return gunfire, hostages, etc. . 

• Like 1