Argyle wins State in 4A Golf

regaleagle

The Argyle Boys won another State Championship in Golf this year.......winning by a decisive margin of 22 strokes.  Their last State Championship was in 2017, but they have finished 2nd or 1st in the last 8 yrs.  I think now this makes the 4th SC title in golf for Argyle.......maybe the 3rd in 4A.  What was even bigger news for the Argyle faithful was that the Argyle Girls also captured their very first State Championship in golf.......beating the perennial Andrews team in a rain-shortened event.  They got a big lead in day one and held on in day two as Andrews mounted a comeback.......the final day was shortened to 9 holes due to rain.  Congrats to those lady golfers from Argyle.......they played really really well.  It's been a looong time since another team beat Andrews in 4A Ladies Golf.  

Now it looks like Argyle has won the football, basketball, and golf SC titles in one year for the boys side.......and they are currently still in the playoffs in baseball.  The girls are doing well in the softball playoffs and still advancing......never have gone this far before this season.  Looks like the girls programs in golf and softball are starting to round out in Argyle.......they have always been a top contender in volleyball and basketball with SC titles and lots of final appearances thru the years.

I don't think there is a 4A school they could come close to Argyle this year again for the Lone Star Cup standings with these two SC titles in golf. I'ma thinkin' Canyon was close, but Argyle won those two golf titles and then the Canyon baseball team lost in the playoffs this past week to end their season.  That State Title by the boys in basketball also gave Argyle even more distance in points......and both the girls and boys soccer teams went deep in the playoffs for even more points.  The band already won another SC title, and Argyle usually wins most of the scholastic events......not all of them course.......but the most of any school in 4A.  I'm not sure soccer is even considered in the point totals for 4A in the Lone Star Cup standings.......pretty sure Girls Softball is, though.  The Argyle Boys and Girls tennis teams both won district and Bi-district, and maybe even region......all I remember is they both did really well this year.