Top RB sitting out senior season?

BuckNut

1 hour ago, BuckNut said:

I just saw the top RB in Texas for this upcoming season is opting out of his senior season.  This not a joke.  What are thoughts on this?  He is going to UT,  will he take it easy in college to avoid injury?

Personally I see no issue. Nobody but him, his guardians and football program knows the story. If anyone has an issue with it in my opinion contact his guardians and coaches. Hopefully it isn't an issue with his knee, which is well documented from his younger days. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Personally I see no issue. Nobody but him, his guardians and football program knows the story. If anyone has an issue with it in my opinion contact his guardians and coaches. Hopefully it isn't an issue with his knee, which is well documented from his younger days. 

What’s his name my good sir?

10 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Jaydon Blue from Klein Cain HS. 

I won't bother remembering it...  kid's not gonna accomplish #### in college. 

Hope he gets a degree in something marketable. He's gonna need it. 

I hate this move because he is abandoning his teammates. I understand the thought process but this is different than sitting out a meaningless bowl game before the draft. This is an entire football season you're throwing away and telling your friends and teammates you don't care about them at all and that you are beyond their approach. But to each their own just my opinion.

Money, the root of all evil. With colleges offering athletes scholarships early in their HS career this has a possibility to become a trend. So much for playing for the love of the game. It is all a business today hedging on potential only.

Imagine trying to sell this proposal on Shark Tank. “Hello, my name is XYZ, I am 17 years old and I will be the next NFL star. I am asking for a $100,000 scholarship based upon my performance as a sophomore and junior in high school against high school competition. I am foregoing my senior year to protect your investment. Who is with me?”

Cuban: Not a team player, for that reason I am out.

Mr. Wonderful: You most likely won’t play but one year in college. For that reason I am out.

Barbara: I know nothing about football but your ego is too big. I am out.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 2

So when they offer these 8th graders at a camp, I guess those kids can take 5 years off and not play until they are redshirt freshmen?

I hate it.  I understand that he wants to protect his scholarship and play in college, but man it's a really selfish thing to do.  But that's where we are today.  We are told it's all about us.  Do what makes you happy.  Do what's best for you.

How'd we get here?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

hard to fault the kid given that other talents like johnathon gray were run into the ground

1 minute ago, RoughnedOdorsRightHook said:

hard to fault the kid given that other talents like johnathon gray were run into the ground

How was Gray run into the ground? Gray suffered a significant injury while in college. Gray’s lack of collegiate success was not, IMO, attributed to excessive high school carries. Since just one negative was sourced here, how do you attribute Cedric Benson’s success at Texas after he was the alpha dog at Midland?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RoughnedOdorsRightHook said:

I doubt he or his family was complaining while he was getting accolades for setting all those records.

You are saying that his high school workload caused him to tear his Achilles twice?