Top RB sitting out senior season?

BuckNut

This is ridiculous...

Leaving teammates out to dry when they are counting on you. Leaving coaches out to dry when they are counting on you. I understand wanting to avoid injury, but what if you get injured training? Can't live in fear!

No way UT can endorse this?

• Like 1

Boy y’all are something else. I thought bashing kids on here wasn’t allowed but a bunch of nobody’s seem to know what’s best for the kid. I don’t see anyone saying squat about a coach up and leaving for another coaching job or being called selfish but this kid is. If this kid plans on enrolling early and him and his family wants him to focus on getting ready for that who are we to judge.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Boy y’all are something else. I thought bashing kids on here wasn’t allowed but a bunch of nobody’s seem to know what’s best for the kid. I don’t see anyone saying squat about a coach up and leaving for another coaching job or being called selfish but this kid is. If this kid plans on enrolling early and him and his family wants him to focus on getting ready for that who are we to judge.

Nobody bashing the kid.  We are stating our disagreement with the idea of kids being taught that they will be better off skipping out on their senior season to focus on their freshman year of college.  From a safety standpoint, that is probably true.  But from a real world application standpoint, they are being taught that they are the most important person on the team.  Their individual future is more important than the team as a whole.  It goes against everything we applaud sports for.  We talk about sports teaching you to be a team player, to put aside our own goals for the good of our brothers.  This is the opposite.

Start a thread about a coach leaving mid contract after telling the kids that he was in it for the long haul and there will be no shortage of people on here running him in the ground.  Besides one has nothing to do with the other.

We don't have to like everything people do.  You are welcome to an opinion and so are we.

• Like 5

A great athlete(football, baseball, volleyball, whatever) graduates high school in 3 years and wants to go to his/her college of his/her choice to work out with better strength coaches and get a year of college courses in while grayshirting or whatever shirt it is called, I don’t blame them. 
To go to high school but not play your sport(s) is sorta silly but to each his own. 

50 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

Nobody bashing the kid.  We are stating our disagreement with the idea of kids being taught that they will be better off skipping out on their senior season to focus on their freshman year of college.  From a safety standpoint, that is probably true.  But from a real world application standpoint, they are being taught that they are the most important person on the team.  Their individual future is more important than the team as a whole.  It goes against everything we applaud sports for.  We talk about sports teaching you to be a team player, to put aside our own goals for the good of our brothers.  This is the opposite.

Start a thread about a coach leaving mid contract after telling the kids that he was in it for the long haul and there will be no shortage of people on here running him in the ground.  Besides one has nothing to do with the other.

We don't have to like everything people do.  You are welcome to an opinion and so are we.

Do you know why he’s doing it? Also are you saying that you would never make a decision that you think is best for you and your family, even if effects someone else. If the team is dependent on one player then they’re already in a bad situation. I would never want a kid to have that much pressure on them. Also it’s some on this post saying the kid isn’t gonna be anything in life because of this decision who says that type of stuff about a kid.

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, RoughnedOdorsRightHook said:

earl cant even form a coherent sentence

You picked a poor example. Your premise was that too many carries in HS ruined Gray for the collegiate level. Earl was just fine in college. What did Earl in was his style of play. He would run through you instead of around you and would not run out of bounds to avoid a hit. Not too many do that today. What also damaged Earl was playing on a horrible turf for the Oilers.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

You picked a poor example. Your premise was that too many carries in HS ruined Gray for the collegiate level. Earl was just fine in college. What did Earl in was his style of play. He would run through you instead of around you and would not run out of bounds to avoid a hit. Not too many do that today. What also damaged Earl was playing on a horrible turf for the Oilers.

outside of guys like frank gore the shelf lifefor running backs just isnt very long

Not enough emphasis here, on whether Klein Cain actually needs this kid in 2021. The KC program probably has other RBs moving up in their ranks, they may not be a Jaydon Blue, but everyone has to be replaced eventually. I'm sure that program will be fine in the long run. Blue made a decision, for whatever his reasons, good, bad or indifferent. There are other things flying around out there about why, no need to even speak about them.   If Blue has any success at all @ UT, he won't be there two years before declaring for the NFL. That is this kids prime end goal, and he tell us this in his tweet.  Believe me, he is surrounded by adults (his family included) giving him guidance to do this, they evidently have a long term stake in his future, if you know what I mean.   Good luck to him, because there is still a long road ahead of that young man, there are still no guarantees either.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/21/2021 at 12:04 PM, JBizzle said:

Nobody bashing the kid.  We are stating our disagreement with the idea of kids being taught that they will be better off skipping out on their senior season to focus on their freshman year of college.  From a safety standpoint, that is probably true.  .

Shouldn't safety be first? Let's be honest. Not everyone is good enough to be in this position, so it's easy to judge. If your goal is to go to college and you achieve it, so be it. Too many hs coaches use up kids bodies for their own gain. More power to this kid. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Roll Eyes 1

2 hours ago, TDJ89 said:

I never thought this era we're heading into would turn this soft in sports, but we're here.

Everything an athlete does is a calculated risk. Doesn't matter if the kid has 60 scholarship offers to 30 P5 schools.  There are no guarantees, and only the most fortunate make the final cut, most for only a short period in the NFL. I can't tell you how many really good athletes I've seen, have their HS, College or NFL opportunities dissolved in an instant to either injury or decisions made in their life. If you are lucky enough to negotiate the maze and avoid all the pitfalls, then maybe you make it more than the 4 year NFL average,  maybe???  This decision Blue has made only takes one year of HS football practices and games out of the equation. Is this a trend? Not sure, because only a chosen few can decide this path.  What he does is his business, and I guess some people will be watching to see how it all works out for him.  I won't, but I do wish him good luck,  because he's probably going to need a little along the path he's trying to take.

• Like 1

On 6/11/2021 at 8:04 PM, ctown81 said:

How is this selfish? It's HIS body. 

So by definition, selfish. 

self·ish
/ˈselfiSH/

adjective
  1. (of a person, action, or motive) lacking consideration for others; concerned chiefly with one's own personal profit or pleasure.

2 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

So by definition, selfish. 

self·ish
/ˈselfiSH/

adjective
  1. (of a person, action, or motive) lacking consideration for others; concerned chiefly with one's own personal profit or pleasure.

Well this only lets me know that selfish is not always a bad thing. The only people he owes consideration to is himself and his family.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ctown81 said:

Well this only lets me know that selfish is not always a bad thing. The only PPL consideration to is himself and his family.

So we are in this place as a society where we are afraid and operate out of a place of fear. This decision was made out of fear of injury derailing what this kid considers his only path to HIS dream. So here’s the problem I have with that. God opens doors to our correct path. We are so afraid of bad things happening that we miss out on good things. He could have such a great season with his high school friends and teammates. He could win awards. He could win recognition. He will never get this senior season of high school football back. And he is forgoing a great experience to save himself for college. He may never play a down in college. He could be injured in camp. So many things could stop that, besides an injury playing high school ball. But out of that fear, he has been convinced that it’s not worth it to play a game I assume he loves with his friends.

4 hours ago, JBizzle said:

So we are in this place as a society where we are afraid and operate out of a place of fear. This decision was made out of fear of injury derailing what this kid considers his only path to HIS dream. So here’s the problem I have with that. God opens doors to our correct path. We are so afraid of bad things happening that we miss out on good things. He could have such a great season with his high school friends and teammates. He could win awards. He could win recognition. He will never get this senior season of high school football back. And he is forgoing a great experience to save himself for college. He may never play a down in college. He could be injured in camp. So many things could stop that, besides an injury playing high school ball. But out of that fear, he has been convinced that it’s not worth it to play a game I assume he loves with his friends.

But it's all his decision. You talk about people being afraid and operating in a place of fear. Keep in mind he made a decision and the fear of the backlash didn't stop him. He's doing what's best for him and I'll let you know the kid personally how can you say what's best for him?