4A baseball playoffs

One-gamers for the Rusk-Bellville matchup and a one-gamer for the Calallen-Sinton tilt......hmmmm.  I'd say Sinton may have won the coin flip in that matchup and not sure who won the flip in the Rusk-Bellville matchup.  I was liking Bellville to win that series so I'ma thinkin' that Rusk won the flip for the one-gamer.  Now I think Rusk may win that one-gamer.  Not so sure about the Sinton-Calallen game.......that one was always gonna be worth its salt.

Since Calallen has won its last two rounds easily in one-gamers, you would think that they would want for their players to keep playing one-gamers to get ready for the semifinal should they win and advance.......and maybe Sinton feels a one-gamer is their best shot against Calallen so they have  their own reasons to go with a one-game matchup too.  Looks like whoever won the flip was probably gonna pick a one-gamer, but maybe not.  Most very good and confident teams w/ adequate pitching staffs usually favor a series over a one-gamer at this stage.

In the Argyle-Stephenville matchup, I would guess that neither team felt it was in their best interest to play a one-gamer.  Each team most probably felt that a series was the best way for their team to win since both teams have been able to put up lots of runs and sweep each series in the playoffs so far. 

Besides.......both coaching staffs probably feel confident enough in their overall pitching depth to allow their team to play several games to give their players every chance to advance by winning 2 out of 3 in a series for the regional title.  GO ARGYLE.  I know Stephenville would just love to knock off Argyle in any sport......they ALWAYS thrive on beating Argyle and look forward to games against Argyle........good on them!!  They are worthy opponents for sure.

8 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Besides.......both coaching staffs probably feel confident enough in their overall pitching depth to allow their team to play several games to give their players every chance to advance by winning 2 out of 3 in a series for the regional title.  GO ARGYLE.  I know Stephenville would just love to knock off Argyle in any sport......they ALWAYS thrive on beating Argyle and look forward to games against Argyle........good on them!!  They are worthy opponents for sure.

But because of the locations of the games and the fact that a first and 3rd game(if necess.) would be played at Denton Ryan's park......then we must assume that Argyle won that flip, Huh?

1 hour ago, regaleagle said:

One-gamers for the Rusk-Bellville matchup and a one-gamer for the Calallen-Sinton tilt......hmmmm.  I'd say Sinton may have won the coin flip in that matchup and not sure who won the flip in the Rusk-Bellville matchup.  I was liking Bellville to win that series so I'ma thinkin' that Rusk won the flip for the one-gamer.  Now I think Rusk may win that one-gamer.  Not so sure about the Sinton-Calallen game.......that one was always gonna be worth its salt.

Rusk might have won flip. They got a lefty that’s committed to Vandy. 

2 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

Rusk might have won flip. They got a lefty that’s committed to Vandy. 

To Vandy, huh?    That's tall cotton, for sure.  Good luck to the Ruskies, LOL.  We may regret that if Argyle advances.  Any pitcher receiving a baseball scholarship to Vandy must be considered as a serious threat to any team in a one-gamer situation.

1 minute ago, WiseGuy said:

LE vs PG

Wednesday, Thursday, and if necessary on Friday

all games will be at Texas High @ 7pm  

2 years ago T High was working on adding an extra driveway/road to make it easier to get to the parking lot........At the time, there was only one way in and out........Did they get the 2nd one finished ?

15 hours ago, cotton84 said:

2 years ago T High was working on adding an extra driveway/road to make it easier to get to the parking lot........At the time, there was only one way in and out........Did they get the 2nd one finished ?

The 2nd entrance is complete.   This series will be packed!   Texas High is a great facility but not big enough for this crowd.   There is not a venue around big enough.   

• Like 1

19 hours ago, regaleagle said:

To Vandy, huh?    That's tall cotton, for sure.  Good luck to the Ruskies, LOL.  We may regret that if Argyle advances.  Any pitcher receiving a baseball scholarship to Vandy must be considered as a serious threat to any team in a one-gamer situation.

As I mentioned on the other thread, Rusk has a dude similar to the Bullard lefty.   Bullard wanted a 1 gamer with LE but lost the flip.    Don’t blame Rusk for wanting the 1 gamer.   They should advance with him on the hill.   

Stephenville is playing like Argyle tonight all over the field.  They have made some dynamic plays both in the infield and the outfield.  Their CF Styron has made 2 saving catches of deep balls in the alley on the run.......one against the wall and the other on the warning track.  Both pitchers have gone the distance.  Lots of hot balls hit by both teams and lots of good defensive plays.  Argyle left the bases loaded last inning with a foul ball pop out to third to end the inning. Stephenville scored 2 in the 3rd after 2 men were walked and Morrison laced one in the gap to the fence. Stephenville has won 18 in a row since early March.

Stephenville 2

Argyle 0

Starting the bottom of the 7th and a new pitcher.......it's Trace Morrison the best athlete at Stephenville.  He was their best RB/receiver in football.

Runners on first and 2nd with one out........a line shot back to the pitcher Morrison and he doubles up the runner at first.  Ballgame Stephenville.

First loss for Argyle in the playoffs........hit the ball all night right at the Yellowjacket defenders. To Stephenville's credit, they did make some fantastic defensive plays on some long drives in the alleys.......and a couple of line drives the infield snagged that were in the hole or had to jump for.  Stephenville played like a top team in the state tonight. Hats off to the Yellowjackets on a game well-played.

Stephenville wins Game 1 by a score of 2-0.  Trevor Duck gives up 7 hits, but no runner past first base after that 3rd inning.  Argyle has 4 hits but hit the ball all over the place tonight.........for outs.........basehit saving outs by Stephenville.   Tomorrow night for Game 2 at ACU's baseball field in Abilene. Could be the end of the road for Argyle.

Pleasant Grove beats Liberty-Eylau 7-5 in an exciting game.  3 run homer for L-E in the bottom of the 6th to take a 5-4 lead.  3 run triple in the top of the 7th for PG to provide the deciding margin.