4A baseball playoffs

Congratulations to the Eagles! Watched that game in person last night and JD was pretty phenomenal as usual. He allowed one hit. Been watching this kid since 10U and he deserves every bit of success that comes his way. In addition to his pitching performance the dude can swing! Hit a timely triple last night to get Rusk on the board, then scored on a liner by Sunday. That’s all they needed to take it! Anyway, it will be interesting to see the strategy for TWO games at state. They have been fortunate to play one game the last three weeks (of course that China Spring game went 13 innings so that was almost 2 in itself! Lol).

The Cirkel and Rawlinson kids are great pitchers, too, so they are in good shape I think.

Good luck in Round Rock!

3 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

Congratulations to the Eagles! Watched that game in person last night and JD was pretty phenomenal as usual. He allowed one hit. Been watching this kid since 10U and he deserves every bit of success that comes his way. In addition to his pitching performance the dude can swing! Hit a timely triple last night to get Rusk on the board, then scored on a liner by Sunday. That’s all they needed to take it! Anyway, it will be interesting to see the strategy for TWO games at state. They have been fortunate to play one game the last three weeks (of course that China Spring game went 13 innings so that was almost 2 in itself! Lol).

The Cirkel and Rawlinson kids are great pitchers, too, so they are in good shape I think.

Good luck in Round Rock!

I as well have seen this kid pitch from a young age and pitched against our prospect team growing up alot. Always has been a great kid and pitcher. Happy for him!

• Like 1

Argyle vs Stephenville Game 2 Results:  Stephenville 6    Argyle 1    Stephenville advances to the State Final Four for the first time in their history.  Congrats to a very good Stephenville Yellowjackets squad.......they played great in the field  and hit great at the plate.  Their pitchers got the job done......even though Argyle continued to put the bat on the ball.  But just very good fielding......I think they did have an error tonight. But they made some good plays again.  Argyle did very well to get all the way to the Regional Final with a young team.  They just ran into a matured and experienced team that played stellar defense and hit the ball well as a club. I'd say they have as good a chance as any team to win it all.......they definitely have a well-rounded team that is aggressive at the plate.

25 minutes ago, ronstopable said:

Why would Calallen and Sinton postpone their game until 3:00 pm on Saturday instead of playing Friday?
Whoever they put on the mound for the regional final is basically out for the state semi final game on Wednesday. Right?

I don't think so. I may be wrong, but I think they have 72 hours depending on pitches thrown, then it could be less time.

8 hours ago, ronstopable said:

Why would Calallen and Sinton postpone their game until 3:00 pm on Saturday instead of playing Friday?
Whoever they put on the mound for the regional final is basically out for the state semi final game on Wednesday. Right?

Sinton had their graduation on Friday, so they were forced to reschedule on Saturday.

10 minutes ago, ronstopable said:

If they had a pitcher throw 86 or more pitches today that pitcher can’t pitch on Wednesday.
I don’t know who pitched for them or how many pitches they threw. 

IDK how many pitches he threw but he was a stud. LSU commit and a soph. 93 velo with curve and change that doesn't miss the plate.

11 minutes ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

IDK how many pitches he threw but he was a stud. LSU commit and a soph. 93 velo with curve and change that doesn't miss the plate.

I would think he, Blake Mitchell, would be their “ace” and he went 7.1 innings so he’s unavailable but I think the Senior Wyatt Wiatrek is their actual #1 or one of several #1’s for Sinton.  6’3 205 righty who also is committed to LSU and throws 90. 
Really Really good team 

6 hours ago, Sportsfanatic1 said:

Sinton 2

Calallen 1 in 8. 

Freaking DUDES everywhere on both teams. A shame that one is eliminated. Best two team's in the state in 4a IMO.

D1's all over the field. One team had one senior the other two.

Sinton going up against one of the best pitchers in Texas on Wednesday.

3 hours ago, ronstopable said:

If they had a pitcher throw 86 or more pitches today that pitcher can’t pitch on Wednesday.
I don’t know who pitched for them or how many pitches they threw. 

It could also depend on the clock and not the day.