Hey all you millineals and Gen Z punks.....

RETIREDFAN1

I wonder how many people not doing that in Texas have moved here from other states where it is illegal.  I can remember my brother getting a ticket in Louisiana for making a right on a red.  I just want people off their phones while they're driving and using their turn signals.  

• Like 1

You’re on a 4 lane road with a median. 2 lanes heading north, 2 lanes heading south. Speed limit is 70. Don’t drive 50 freaking 5 in the left hand lane with freaking traffic bottlenecking up behind you!!!! Get over and let us pass.

Funny story. Uncle got pulled over on 80 out by the old Ambassador College/now Alert Academy outside Big Sandy. DPS got him for impeding traffic for driving 65 in a 70. DPS told him he could drive as slow as he wanted on the shoulder. Uncle drove all the way back to Big Sandy on the shoulder with the DPS following right behind us until we turned onto 155 and then onto 1002. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Stoney said:

You’re on a 4 lane road with a median. 2 lanes heading north, 2 lanes heading south. Speed limit is 70. Don’t drive 50 freaking 5 in the left hand lane with freaking traffic bottlenecking up behind you!!!! Get over and let us pass.

Funny story. Uncle got pulled over on 80 out by the old Ambassador College/now Alert Academy outside Big Sandy. DPS got him for impeding traffic for driving 65 in a 70. DPS told him he could drive as slow as he wanted on the shoulder. Uncle drove all the way back to Big Sandy on the shoulder with the DPS following right behind us until we turned onto 155 and then onto 1002. 

I’ve been behind that guy before.....🤨😂

2 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

I’ve been behind that guy before.....🤨😂

We got a neighbor who works for Brian Loncar. Dude drives 25 on a 55 FM road. We don’t know if he’s trying to create business or prevent it.

• LOL! 1

4 hours ago, LOL said:

Turn signals are NOT OPTIONAL! 

"Failure to indicate" is ILLEGAL. 

You can't even use the old hand signals anymore.  I learned those in the 70's in cub scouts for bike riding.  Today it's illegal to ride a bicycle at night without a headlight.  That law went into effect in 2001, and I didn't even know about it.  I have seen billboards in Houston raising awareness of the law.  https://www.biketexas.org/historic-bicycle-tourism-trails/texas-bicycle-laws/ .  I didn't even know that if you have a banana seat on your bike you can't have two people on it.  I haven't rode a bicycle in over 10 years, but we did that all the time as kids.  Heck I could ride my bike on dirt trails near my home at night without a headlight, and still make it home with no problems.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
21 minutes ago, Unashamed said:

Any memorable places you ate at?  Please feel free to share your experiences. 

Robbie’s of Islamorada in the Keys was awesome. I wouldn’t recommend Miami Beach especially with kids. We stayed in Key Biscayne which was really nice and more family friendly. My wife and I took salsa lessons at Mango’s South Beach one night. I’m not much of a dancer but they had free Mimosas and it was a fun club with some eye candy.