UPDATE: UIL to allow Friday night streaming

Matt

50 minutes ago, BuckNut said:

Good people can show to the game in person and support the kids.

Good people, who otherwise cannot attend in person via all sorts of circumstances, would also love and be willing to send money to the school to watch these games online and support the kids. Not to mention, for schools who have the capacity, streaming/production services can be set up as part of a journalism/new media curriculum and help support kids who want to be around the competition, but who may not fit the mold of athlete, cheer/dance, band, etc. It also gives those students real-world practice to reinforce classroom instruction.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

UIL has dictated no live stream, to bad I know a lot of folks that can't come to the games who enjoyed the live feed. Back to the radio feed I guess. I don't hate the UIL but I do believe this is a bad decision 

• Like 4

Guest Tiger03lb
2 hours ago, d0tc0m said:

Good people, who otherwise cannot attend in person via all sorts of circumstances, would also love and be willing to send money to the school to watch these games online and support the kids. Not to mention, for schools who have the capacity, streaming/production services can be set up as part of a journalism/new media curriculum and help support kids who want to be around the competition, but who may not fit the mold of athlete, cheer/dance, band, etc. It also gives those students real-world practice to reinforce classroom instruction.

I agree to this 100%. This can be a way to generate revenue to schools. Charge for each game to watch as you would going to a game. I'd pay money to watch other schools if it would be broadcast. I could eventually see UIL changing to it. 

There will be such a "backlash" to this that it certainly will change back to the "PreCovid" standard.

Too many money makers  and outside power brokers that will not bow down to the UIL.

The real fact of the matter is most will simply do it anyway. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, RETIREDFAN1 said:

Just get uncle Billy or aunt Jolene to Facebook live the thing.....😂😂😂

There's already "companies" doing it there...fwiw ! 🙄

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

@MattSteppIf the UIL wants to make money, then why not allow school districts that want to do it pay a license fee straight to the UIL. I know our school district would pay it.... and many others will too.
Please don’t tell me this decision is based on attendance. That is such a bad excuse. The NCAA proved that in 1984 when the TV deals came out and all those athletic directors who said it would kill college football looked pretty bad. It actually increased the footprint of college football. Come on UIL, get in the 21st century. 

• Like 4

13 hours ago, Matt said:

@MattSteppIf the UIL wants to make money, then why not allow school districts that want to do it pay a license fee straight to the UIL. I know our school district would pay it.... and many others will too. 

Exactly, and not just the big schools either.  There's an easy way to set this up so that everyone wins. 

But it's not about the money, it's about power. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, d0tc0m said:

🙏👏:trophy:  You literally could not have said that any better.  

• Like 2

• Mr. P changed the title to UPDATE: UIL to allow Friday night streaming