Toughest road game on your football schedule 2021

nacdragon07

6 hours ago, JasperDawg said:

speaking for Jasper this is correct.

you BOOGER BEAR you!

I gotta also add WOS. they are our biggest rival and they tend to field some pretty good teams every once in a while. 😉

Wish Jasper played Silsbee still, no love lost there. 😁

2 minutes ago, JasperDawg said:

we do play siLsbee. it's an away game for Jasper the second game of the season.

the following week we then go to play the silver&blue.

That ####, they need turf bad, hopefully it's not a Dust bowl or Mud bowl that week. 

On 6/8/2021 at 2:18 PM, d0tc0m said:

For Celina, it's either the season opener at Melissa, or two weeks later at Argyle. Both will have really good teams in 2021. Both will be really good tests for the Bobcats, who will no doubt come into the season with title game aspirations.

Edited by CrankyOldMan

The hardest game for me to drive to is San Saba ( 60 miles South of Brownwood )  from Waco .  Kids will be playing the game of counting the dead deer on the side of the road.  This while I have a white-knuckle grip on the steering wheel.  

• LOL! 3

Argyle definitely has some tough games they'll play this season.......starting out with Nolan Catholic at Allen's Eagle Stadium.  But that's a neutral site, so I don't think you can really count that as an official "road game" like playing at your opponent's home turf.  But playing La Vega at their place in Belmead ain't no cakewalk ever!  This year Argyle gets Celina in Argyle......that will be a tough matchup for sure, but thank goodness it's in Argyle this year.  But Melissa.......gotta travel over to Cardinal Stadium this season for that huge game......the first district game of the season.  It will be two top-ranked teams in D-1 going at it......for more than just a win! If somehow Argyle gets past La Vega at their house, and both teams are undefeated going into this matchup.......it will be one of the biggest games of the week in Texas.  Just depends on who whoops up on Argyle before that......it could be Nolan Catholic, Pleasant Grove, La Vega, or Celina.......or ALL four of these good teams!  They will all be coming after Argyle with everything they have.

1 hour ago, regaleagle said:

Argyle definitely has some tough games they'll play this season.......starting out with Nolan Catholic at Allen's Eagle Stadium.  But that's a neutral site, so I don't think you can really count that as an official "road game" like playing at your opponent's home turf.  But playing La Vega at their place in Belmead ain't no cakewalk ever!  This year Argyle gets Celina in Argyle......that will be a tough matchup for sure, but thank goodness it's in Argyle this year.  But Melissa.......gotta travel over to Cardinal Stadium this season for that huge game......the first district game of the season.  It will be two top-ranked teams in D-1 going at it......for more than just a win! If somehow Argyle gets past La Vega at their house, and both teams are undefeated going into this matchup.......it will be one of the biggest games of the week in Texas.  Just depends on who whoops up on Argyle before that......it could be Nolan Catholic, Pleasant Grove, La Vega, or Celina.......or ALL four of these good teams!  They will all be coming after Argyle with everything they have.

So which one is it?

• LOL! 1

12 hours ago, regaleagle said:

That whole short story and didn’t answer the question. Is it Melissa or LV? Not sure either will beat Argyle in the regular season. 

2 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Garrison is young with a lot of talent coming up.  A few of the sons from the 2003 State Championship team starting to reach high school ...

Waskom schedule is fairly weak, lot of teams rebuilding like Arp and HS even though Arp is a home game this year. Garrison did a lot of changing after they played us last year and had a good season, ranked 8th I believe in 2A. I believe our toughest game will be EF but that is at home which this thread is about away games. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

That whole short story and didn’t answer the question. Is it Melissa or LV? Not sure either will beat Argyle in the regular season. 

Argyle has traditionally been able to handle Melissa over the years.......I don't recall Melissa ever defeating Argyle in football so far.  So I guess the answer is La Vega. Besides......that trip down there to Bellmead is alot longer and a little more indigestible than the one to Melissa's stadium.  

23 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Argyle has traditionally been able to handle Melissa over the years.......I don't recall Melissa ever defeating Argyle in football so far.  So I guess the answer is La Vega. Besides......that trip down there to Bellmead is alot longer and a little more indigestible than the one to Melissa's stadium.  

Researching Argyle's football history, I discovered that Argyle is 5-0 against Melissa, but only 4-3 against La Vega. I'm not sure if last year's contests against both teams have been added to the history yet......probably not because Argyle defeated La Vega twice last season and Melissa once.  So it's probably 6-0 against Melissa now and 6-3 against La Vega in football history between these schools.  I know for a fact that we have played La Vega at least twice per season for at least 3 seasons very recently.  This upcoming season could be a fourth in recent history.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2021 at 9:43 PM, KirtFalcon said:

Garrison is young with a lot of talent coming up.  A few of the sons from the 2003 State Championship team starting to reach high school ...

I know Blake Phillips.  Haven't seen him in a while, but he's got several kids that should be reaching Jr High level soon.

On 7/9/2021 at 5:06 PM, Bear9T1 said:

If I’m not mistaken we had a transfer to Timpson from Alto.   Not sure, could be hearsay....

That’s true. Great great kid. He’s an Alto kid (heck his mom and grandparents are Alto kids!! Lol). His step dad’s mom passed away and they have inherited the house and land in Timpson. Gonna miss him. Great friend of my son’s; they have been buddies since tball. Awesome family all around. 

• Like 1