He-Man Reboot

Stoney

I think it has the potential to be a hit. Looks like the same studio who animated the Castlevania series (which was awesome), and with Kevin Smith at the helm it should be full of Easter eggs and subtle nods to the original series. 

Just hope it doesn't turn into a SJW mess, with He-Man and Man-At-Arm being a coupla dunces who always have to be bailed out by Teela because SHE DON'T NEED NO MAN! 

1 hour ago, LOL said:

I think it has the potential to be a hit. Looks like the same studio who animated the Castlevania series (which was awesome), and with Kevin Smith at the helm it should be full of Easter eggs and subtle nods to the original series. 

Just hope it doesn't turn into a SJW mess, with He-Man and Man-At-Arm being a coupla dunces who always have to be bailed out by Teela because SHE DON'T NEED NO MAN! 

Castlevania was good. Especially the first season. 2nd season I didn’t get into that much. Kevin Smith doing it means it should turn out alright.

• Like 1

On 6/10/2021 at 5:09 PM, Stoney said:

Wait a second, I watched this, and it said 40 years ago ???  That wasn't on TV 40 or even 37 years ago, back when I still watched cartoons and rasslin'.  I remember all of my step sons toys and action figures, and seeing portions of the episodes when he would watch it on TV, but that was back in the 90's.  I thought it was a rip off of this that I watched back in 1980 when it first came out 41 years ago :  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LOL said:

Totally. Too bad they didn't capitalize on it and release a toy line. 

I think they would have had trouble with Ookla the Mok with the Star Wars franchise.  He did look too much like Chewbacca.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

I used to hunt for Big Foot all the time as a kid in the Kelsey Bottoms and you found a Sasquatcha ?  

Them Harmony girls were just a bit different Dave. 😂

• LOL! 3

On 6/14/2021 at 6:41 PM, DaveTV1 said:

Wait a second, I watched this, and it said 40 years ago ???  That wasn't on TV 40 or even 37 years ago, back when I still watched cartoons and rasslin'.  I remember all of my step sons toys and action figures, and seeing portions of the episodes when he would watch it on TV, but that was back in the 90's.  I thought it was a rip off of this that I watched back in 1980 when it first came out 41 years ago :  

He-Man came out in 1983 and ran until 85. 

3 hours ago, PepeSilvia said:

He-Man came out in 1983 and ran until 85. 

It wasn't on any of the four channels in East Texas until at least 1986 and it was on until the mid 90's.  I wasn't even around my stepson until 1992 and I know he watched it until at least 1995 and maybe longer.  

9 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

It wasn't on any of the four channels in East Texas until at least 1986 and it was on until the mid 90's.  I wasn't even around my stepson until 1992 and I know he watched it until at least 1995 and maybe longer.  

We got it in Colmesneil.....😂😂😂

44 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

I’ll have to disagree because I watched it back then and only had 3 channels. 

We had a big CB radio tower in our backyard because of my Grandpa’s dirt work business. We had an antenna hooked up to where we could pull in Texarkana and Shreveport stations. We watched more KSLA than KLTV. I can remember watching it as a kid. I’m just not sure what station.

11 hours ago, LOL said:

Never missed it. Thundercats came on right after. This was 1984-86, if I recall. 

I remember Thundercats and The Transformers coming on because my nephews watched it, but I don't remember He Man being on until about 1986.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, DaveTV1 said:

I remember Thundercats and The Transformers coming on because my nephews watched it, but I don't remember He Man being on until about 1986.

I watched it from our little gray house in White Oak, Texas in circa 1984.