Critical Race Theory Is Latest Bogeyman of the Right

BarryLaverty

28 minutes ago, JETT said:

You just said a mouthful sir, I respect that..... anyone who gets offended at this statement we know where they stand... sad that white ppl want to tell black ppl how good they got it compared to years ago, no matter who sold slaves or had slaves a white man/woman will never know what it's like to be black just like we won't know what it's like to be white SMH

I’ve never owned a slave, hated anybody because of their skin color, or did something against somebody because of color either.  Forgive me for being offended at being called a racist.  I am not a racist, nor have I ever been.  Are there some in this country?  Yes, but not just white racists.  There are racists of all colors and creeds.  I could say those same sentences that Barry said, and it would be true, but it also doesn’t mean I’m racist just because in white either.  Being offended at his statement means nothing.  Saying someone is racist because they’re white is about as racist a statement as there is.  Your statement saying anyone offended by his statement is racist.  

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

I’ve never owned a slave, hated anybody because of their skin color, or did something against somebody because of color either.  Forgive me for being offended at being called a racist.  I am not a racist, nor have I ever been.  Are there some in this country?  Yes, but not just white racists.  There are racists of all colors and creeds.  I could say those same sentences that Barry said, and it would be true, but it also doesn’t mean I’m racist just because in white either.  Being offended at his statement means nothing.  Saying someone is racist because they’re white is about as racist a statement as there is.  Your statement saying anyone offended by his statement is racist.  

Was my comment to you? Did I say anything about someone being racist in my quote?

8 hours ago, BarryLaverty said:

I have never been followed around in a store because of my skin color, have been in the majority in every place I have worked, have never been 'redlined' on insurance or a car or house loan. Within my lifetime I have never been harassed by police for driving in a neighborhood, had people cross the street because I was wearing a hoodie, and I can jog without fear of vigilante rednecks shooting me.

I can not begin to relate to the experience of a Black man my age in America.

I would like to study and discuss racial issues in our country now, and I think studying the whole history of our country can lead to progress. What are you afraid of? What is going to be taken from you if others can also have the experience of what it's like to be White in America??

See, I understand what you're saying, and what you're getting at, but it doesn't answer the question. CRT teaches that white people -- all white people -- are oppressors. So I was just asking you how it feels to be an oppressor. And I can point to articles where behavior is considered "whiteness". I'm curious how that works. And point you to numerous articles where things like science and math are, simply by their nature, racist. You gotta admit there's something wrong with that line of thinking. Or that 2 + 2 = 4 is racist (yes, people have stated this, and I don't think they're trolling). In other words, you don't have to be "white", to exhibit "whiteness".

Further, and you may have missed these, I posted some links about people that have "bought into" the whole CRT/Antiracism thing hook, line, and sinker.

Remember these:

White Spanish teacher quits gig due to white supremacy
https://www.thecollegefix.com/white-spanish-teacher-quits-gig-due-to-white-supremacy-forgets-where-spain-is-located/

Hypocrite BLM Protester Caught Yelling Asian Slurs
https://youtu.be/KLCm-QcmodI ("Blacks can't be racist!")

I attended an anti-racism campus book club. It’s worse than you think.
https://www.thecollegefix.com/i-attended-an-anti-racism-campus-book-club-its-worse-than-you-think/

That one had these gems in it:

"It didn’t take long for her to break into tears as she reflected on how racist she had been her whole life. It wasn’t that she had committed racist acts, she explained, but rather that her white skin had made her a negative presence in “black and brown” lives."

"She explained how the concept of anti-racism had opened her eyes, changing the way she processed the world and her daily interactions. She now understood, she said, how all white people must apologize for how terrible they have made minorities feel."

She also explained how she is no longer able to talk to her elderly father, because he didn’t understand anti-racism, so she had been forced to choose “the way” over speaking with her own father. When she was asked what racist thing her father did, she responded that he once referred to someone as “my Hispanic friend.” She was willing to sever even the closest ties in the name of what she called the “doctrine.”

Another college employee shed some tears when she said that her parents didn’t want her to speak Spanish in their home because they had immigrated to America and wanted her to learn English, a “white oppressors’ language.” I wanted to point out so badly that Spanish was also a European, white language, which, by her definition, had also been “imposed on brown people.”

I also noticed how many referred to the anti-racism narrative as “a journey,” or “the way,” or a “doctrine.” Nearly all broke into tears or sniffles at one point. It was like being in a weird religious cult.

After the breakout session we watched two videos on YouTube from 1994. They are called “The Color of Fear: What it means to be an American,” and the other is called “The Color of Fear: Just be American.”

Both videos feature an Asian, Hispanic, black, and white person having discussions. The gist of the videos seemed to be to castigate the white man for being an oppressor, for asking “why can’t we all be brothers?” and saying things like he doesn’t see race or judge people by their skin color.

After the white person asked “why can’t we be brothers,” Coleman stopped the video and told us “this is a racist statement.”

Even though I attended mostly to observe, I finally reached a boiling point and asked: “Don’t you think the conversation has changed since 1994 and don’t you think this video is outdated?”

In response, Coleman and other members of the meeting affirmed that nothing has changed at all since 1994 and they continue to have “frustrating conversations like this” all the time.

Coleman had been going between break out groups, agreeing with or adding to what was said.

Finally, at the end of the meeting, she said in a voice reminiscent of a preacher behind a pulpit: “There is no such thing as not being racist. Either you are anti-racist or racist.”

And last, but not least, the icing on the cake:

No further book club events took place, as Coleman has since been placed on paid administrative leave. Not for this book club, mind you, but because she was overheard making controversial statements about Asian-Americans that some students found offensive.

• LOL! 1

2 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

See, I understand what you're saying, and what you're getting at, but it doesn't answer the question. CRT teaches that white people -- all white people -- are oppressors. So I was just asking you how it feels to be an oppressor. And I can point to articles where behavior is considered "whiteness". I'm curious how that works. And point you to numerous articles where things like science and math are, simply by their nature, racist. You gotta admit there's something wrong with that line of thinking. Or that 2 + 2 = 4 is racist (yes, people have stated this, and I don't think they're trolling). In other words, you don't have to be "white", to exhibit "whiteness".

Further, and you may have missed these, I posted some links about people that have "bought into" the whole CRT/Antiracism thing hook, line, and sinker.

Remember these:

White Spanish teacher quits gig due to white supremacy
https://www.thecollegefix.com/white-spanish-teacher-quits-gig-due-to-white-supremacy-forgets-where-spain-is-located/

Hypocrite BLM Protester Caught Yelling Asian Slurs
https://youtu.be/KLCm-QcmodI ("Blacks can't be racist!")

I attended an anti-racism campus book club. It’s worse than you think.
https://www.thecollegefix.com/i-attended-an-anti-racism-campus-book-club-its-worse-than-you-think/

That one had these gems in it:

And last, but not least, the icing on the cake:

No further book club events took place, as Coleman has since been placed on paid administrative leave. Not for this book club, mind you, but because she was overheard making controversial statements about Asian-Americans that some students found offensive.

Certainly hypocritical. Most of this is “white guilt”, which I, personally possess NONE of; & My Own Heritage comes from the Choctaw.  When is the last time you saw a group of Native Americans just chilling out in a restaurant? Most indigenous people in America were wiped out to facilitate Westward Expansion. 

I’ve said it before & I’ll say it again, back in the Depression, my father’s family, as well as my Mother’s family All used to pick cotton around Dallas just to have money to eat and survive. To my knowledge, no one in my family ever held slaves, but rather, were much like slaves themselves breaking their backs to support us. I Have no such “guilt”.

8 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Your comment was at anybody and everybody.  CRT is racism pure and simple.  Maybe you’re just not smart enough to see it.  

You took offense to it like your guilty or something 

Will it teach that TX has the distinction of seceding from not 1, but 2 different nations so white immigrants from America could own slaves? Of course not, it'll be fictionalized and whitewashed. 

What ever happened to teaching history? The good and bad? Trying to omit certain parts of history isnt going to change the fact that it happened ...the right needs to stop trying to steal ideas from North Korea on how to brainwash the youth.

Abbott has done some dumb things but this one flat out points to pure psychological issues. I'd probably go crazy too from time to time if I couldn't walk.

10 hours ago, JETT said:

You just said a mouthful sir, I respect that..... anyone who gets offended at this statement we know where they stand... sad that white ppl want to tell black ppl how good they got it compared to years ago, no matter who sold slaves or had slaves a white man/woman will never know what it's like to be black just like we won't know what it's like to be white SMH

So even if it’s true then white people can’t say it? Seems a bit stupid. If it’s truth real men must say it, not hide from it because a bunch of overgrown children get their feelings hurt. 

What’s about these black men and their thoughts on racism and CRT? Do their opinions count or are they too white? 

I’m sure Barry and the rest of his liberal non-think tank activists know better than these guys. Hey black kids, forget these men &  don’t follow their example, listen to Barry instead. You’re oppressed beyond measure and no matter what you do whitey is still gonna hold you down! 
SMH

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

So even if it’s true then white people can’t say it? Seems a bit stupid. If it’s truth real men must say it, not hide from it because a bunch of overgrown children get their feelings hurt. 

What’s about these black men and their thoughts on racism and CRT? Do their opinions count or are they too white? 

I’m sure Barry and the rest of his liberal non-think tank activists know better than these guys. Hey black kids, forget these men &  don’t follow their example, listen to Barry instead. You’re oppressed beyond measure and no matter what you do whitey is still gonna hold you down! 
SMH

We're all entitled to our opinions, and we're all raised different... you post a handful of wealthy blacks speaking for all blacks like they speak for everyone

And it's ok for white ppl to say it, have at it.. doesn't mean we agree but have fun saying it.... 

24 minutes ago, JETT said:

We're all entitled to our opinions, and we're all raised different... you post a handful of wealthy blacks speaking for all blacks like they speak for everyone

And it's ok for white ppl to say it, have at it.. doesn't mean we agree but have fun saying it.... 

so rich blacks can’t have an opinion? 
So is it a race problem or a wealthy folks problem? 
By the way, all of those men are first generation wealthy. So in these oppressive times for blacks they all accomplished so much. Oh the oppression. 

Oh ive figured out that you won’t agree with White people, yet it’s the whites that are racist. lol

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

So is it a race problem or a wealthy folks problem? 
By the way, all of those men are first generation wealthy. So in these oppressive times for blacks they all accomplished so much. Oh the oppression. 

Oh ive figured out that you won’t agree with White people, yet it’s the whites that are racist. lol

Never said rich blacks can't have opinions, in fact my first sentence said were entitled to our opinions SMH...

I won't agree with a white person telling me we got it equal... hell no

48 minutes ago, JETT said:

you do well for yourself evidently.  Does your opinion matter then?

2 hours ago, JETT said:

You took offense to it like your guilty or something 

I take offense at the notion that all white people are racist.  That is complete BS.  Just because BL says that he’s never felt the pressures that maybe some black folks have felt doesn’t make CRT true.  That’s kinda dumb.  I also said I wasn’t racist, so why would I have felt guilty about it.  It’s a stupid topic that White liberals are using to divide us further.  

36 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

Oh now y'all care about opinions from rich blacks, but when its Lebron and many others...its shut up and stick to sports.

Man shut the hell up, hypocrite.

45 minutes ago, JETT said:

Never said rich blacks can't have opinions, in fact my first sentence said were entitled to our opinions SMH...

I won't agree with a white person telling me we got it equal... hell no

But what about blacks telling you that? Will you agree with them? 

15 minutes ago, ANTI said:

Oh now y'all care about opinions from rich blacks, but when its Lebron and many others...its shut up and stick to sports.

Man shut the hell up, hypocrite.

Nope, not at all. I just value the opinions of blacks who can think for themselves and are not repeating the lies they’ve fed. 
So apparently you’ll listen to LeBron but not the guys i posted? 

And I’m the hypocrite?? lol. 

You’ll listen to blacks opinions but not whites even if they’re the same. That’s as racists as it gets. 

11 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

So apparently you’ll listen to LeBron but not the guys i posted? 

You pick and choose when to listen to the guys you posted.

When lil wayne and kanye were attacking Bush back in the 2000s....it wasn't black men thinking for themselves now was it...

Just like republicans picking and choosing what to teach....go figure.

22 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

You’ll listen to blacks opinions but not whites even if they’re the same. That’s as racists as it gets. 

You have a quote of me saying that, trashcan?

I'd love to see it.

14 minutes ago, ANTI said:

You pick and choose when to listen to the guys you posted.

When lil wayne and kanye were attacking Bush back in the 2000s....it wasn't black men thinking for themselves now was it...

Just like republicans picking and choosing what to teach....go figure.

Wrong again Aunty! 
agreed with them 100% on Bush. try again hater. 

But i do pick and choose on when to listen to everyone. Do you agree with them 100% of the time?

14 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

Wrong again Aunty! 
agreed with them 100% on Bush. try again hater. 

Oh please, you cant fool me.

That "George Bush doesn't care about black people" rant by Ye had you punching air, didnt it...

You've probably never heard a wayne or ye song in your life. Especially the classics from early in their careers....they couldn't stand people like you.

Again, I'm sure that wasnt black men thinking for themselves. It never is....except when they're putting down their own people.

• LOL! 1

12 hours ago, Youngcoach123 said:

All of this is fine, but this isn’t what CRTis. And you keep avoiding what it actually is.

I am not 'avoiding' anything, and I do know what it is, while you, who is not in education, won't acknowledge the desired outcome of stifling history and whitewashing current issues. Hilarious that @KirtFalcon thinks he knows. :rofl: