2021 2A Football - Region 3 | Who are the contenders?

StingEmALTO

Today Dave Campbell’s Texas Football released the pre-season Top 10 for 2A Division 1 and Division 2! As expected, Timpson is the highest ranked D1 school from Region 3 at #3 and Mart is the favorite in D2 at #1. Garrison is preseason #8 in D1 while Tenaha is #7 in D2. Out of 20 teams ranked in both divisions, those are the 4 from Region 3.

The Texas Football magazine will be out soon. Who else contends for the region?

F47744CE-9946-4313-B5FA-51D29A9989DC.jpeg

17C1A3EE-F25D-4811-BAC6-9554FD09B8B5.jpeg

Beckville went to regional finals last year and bring back almost everyone. Carlisle should improve and be back in the thick of things as well. 
TrueBlue’s Region 3 top 10: 

1. Timpson 

2. Beckville 

3. Garrison

4. Carlisle 

5. Hearne 

6. Joaquin 

7. Hawkins 

8. Holland 

9. Centerville 

10. Grapeland 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Beckville went to regional finals last year and bring back almost everyone. Carlisle should improve and be back in the thick of things as well. 
TrueBlue’s Region 3 top 10: 

1. Timpson 

2. Beckville 

3. Garrison

4. Carlisle 

5. Hearne 

6. Joaquin 

7. Hawkins 

8. Holland 

9. Centerville 

10. Grapeland 

I was shocked to see Garrison ranked but not Beckville . 🤷🏼‍♂️

1. Timpson

2. Garrison

3. Hearne

4. Joaquin

5. Holland

6. Beckville

7. Centerville

8. Grapeland

9. Shelbyville

10. Hawkins

I think Shelbyville might shock some people this year.  Grapeland usually has good kids, but with a coaching change, who knows.  I don't see Carlisle having enough in the tank to be in the top ten this year, but they are well coached and could fool me. Alto gets an honorable mention due to their tradition.  I just hope our district doesn't beat each other up too bad before playoff time.

• Like 1

My Indians are young this year,some would even say they are in a rebuild,they could over perform and show out,but most likely they finish in mid pack,,they do tend to get rowdy in the playoffs tho,when they get in.should be an interesting season to see how coach baker takes them through the rough spots on the schedule this upcoming season.