• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That’s because y’all are a smaller version of them lol

The fact that they are opening in mid June is the least of their issues.  1. It’s a HC-only job instead of HC/AD 2.  It’s a FB coach position in which FB isn’t even a top 3 sport for male at

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Nacwagons said:

Is this job becoming a revolving door??

It’s the worst football job in that District.

You are going to have to find a quality coach who actually wants to be in Longview and isn’t going to run back to a metro at first opportunity too. 

6 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

That’s because y’all are a smaller version of them lol

I spat out my drink.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
10 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Nahh we a little better than that.  Come on give us a little cred.

Not really. You just got a five team football district. That’s the only difference.

2 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

6 teams, 5 district games.  I can’t believe you left out North Lamar!

True, my bad. 

45 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Nahh we a little better than that.  Come on give us a little cred.

Co-sign. I get along a lot better with Spring Hill folks than H'ville...  even though I got more relatives in the latter.  ;) 

33 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

E891C50E-5E34-4B89-984E-812B53B30BE4.jpeg

Val wins the thread. Lock it down.  :lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The fact that they are opening in mid June is the least of their issues. 

1. It’s a HC-only job instead of HC/AD

2.  It’s a FB coach position in which FB isn’t even a top 3 sport for male athletes at Hallsville.  Maybe not top 5. 

3.  Lots of folks want to make sure they remain a baseball school #1 priority  

4.  The football talent that is there is bleeding out to Marshall and Longview

5.  Hallsville has become the Pine Tree of the district.  Going on almost a decade of nada.  Gets harder abs harder to pull out of that the longer it goes. 

6.  They will probably hire within for this season only…. Which may be the lesser of two evils.   But it could pile another shovel-full of dirt on the grave

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, Valhalla said:

E891C50E-5E34-4B89-984E-812B53B30BE4.jpeg

I lost it 😂😂😂😂

22 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

5.  Hallsville has become the Pine Tree of the district.  Going on almost a decade of nada.  Gets harder abs harder to pull out of that the longer it goes. 

What year did they upset Ennis? Feel like they’ve completely fallen off the map since that win.

55 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

What year did they upset Ennis? Feel like they’ve completely fallen off the map since that win.

Hallsville was 7-5 in 2015.  They beat Carthage & Ennis that year.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, VonG said:

Should have kept the old coach who had been there along time. 

This right here. Two words: School Board.

• Sad 1
3 hours ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

This right here. Two words: School Board.

I agree. They should have kept him.  They were at least competitive with him…..even if they weren’t overly successful.  

But this isn’t just a school board problem. It’s systemic. 

This is a school board, booster club, rich parent, movers and shakers of Hallsville problem.

Gonna take a LOT to change the culture that has been created for football in Bobcat Land. And I don’t think most want that. 

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

I agree. They should have kept him.  They were at least competitive with him…..even if they weren’t overly successful.  

But this isn’t just a school board problem. It’s systemic. 

This is a school board, booster club, rich parent, movers and shakers of Hallsville problem.

Gonna take a LOT to change the culture that has been created for football in Bobcat Land. And I don’t think most want that. 

I am a Hallsville lifer except for my college years in Austin and I agree 100% with this. The move to remove the previous “successful” coach came when some “influential” parents that had kids come through the system that were not baseball players. They assumed that there was plenty of football talent walking the halls to be more competitive than what was being realized on the field.

Certainly school athletic programs are judged on how well the football program is but with Hallsville that should not be the case. Historically Hallsville has not been a football school but have been at least competitive until recently.

Hallsville is baseball, softball and volleyball school with the occasional football success. Realize that and work with it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1