• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That’s because y’all are a smaller version of them lol

The fact that they are opening in mid June is the least of their issues.  1. It’s a HC-only job instead of HC/AD 2.  It’s a FB coach position in which FB isn’t even a top 3 sport for male at

Posted Images

Hallsville problem is they play money instead of talent. Number one problem for years.......

1 hour ago, BuckNut said:

You can be good at baseball and football 

That is true, however, Hallsville has long been established as a baseball school and not a football school. Kids move to Hallsville to play baseball and move to other surrounding schools to play football.  In theory that can be changed but in actual practice not sure how you overcome a long established norm.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, HJR7 said:

Hallsville problem is they play money instead of talent. Number one problem for years.......

In football? If so, not sure if I agree.

On 6/17/2021 at 12:19 PM, 4to3 said:

https://twitter.com/DavidSmoak/status/1405640251167682560?s=20

3 hours ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

In football? If so, not sure if I agree.

Yea football,  baseball,  etc. Hallsville isd is about money and sweep all by the bad stuff under the rug.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, HJR7 said:

Yea football,  baseball,  etc. Hallsville isd is about money and sweep all by the bad stuff under the rug.

If true, it seems to work for baseball, softball and volleyball as those are winning programs. Still not so sure about pay-for-play in football though.

8 minutes ago, UnclePigg said:

Wow didn’t realize Hallsville went 0-10 last year. That’s hard to do 

If I recall…. They only played 3 or 4 games. All the others were forfeits. 

Just now, UnclePigg said:

Ouch. Even worse 

I never saw them play. 

But I talked to some friends that went to a couple of their games and they were brutally awful from what I hear. 

Very unlike Hallsville.  While they struggle to win a lot…. They were ALWAYS competitive.  And ever an easy out. 

19 hours ago, Mavchamp said:

I never saw them play. 

But I talked to some friends that went to a couple of their games and they were brutally awful from what I hear. 

Very unlike Hallsville.  While they struggle to win a lot…. They were ALWAYS competitive.  And ever an easy out. 

saw them vs t-high and they were competitive in the first half, second half the numbers and athletes at t-high took over. 

hallsville needs to go option or veer something different. try to get younger brother from PG and see if he can out trick when hes outmanned. 

2 hours ago, TheGodfather said:

Well you know it isn’t THAT hard….🤪🤪

Good morning! Get the day started with 6 cups of coffee and a top lip dip of Copenhagen!

On 6/17/2021 at 12:51 PM, Valhalla said:

It’s the worst football job in that District.

You are going to have to find a quality coach who actually wants to be in Longview and isn’t going to run back to a metro at first opportunity too. 

probably be better if he wanted to be in Hallsvile & Lived in Hallsville 

• Like 1

i know they separated the AD role from the head football coach, does the AD have hc experience or would he name himself hc?  

18 minutes ago, txk85 said:

i know they separated the AD role from the head football coach, does the AD have hc experience or would he name himself hc?  

For practical reasons he could and should.

The main problem is the group of people that control the school board.I grew up in Hallsville and it has been that way for as long as I can remember.

They want a  certain type person that conforms to their way of thinking.Untill they get a school board that wants a successful football program,nothing is going to change.

1 hour ago, UncleSam said:

The main problem is the group of people that control the school board.I grew up in Hallsville and it has been that way for as long as I can remember.

They want a  certain type person that conforms to their way of thinking.Untill they get a school board that wants a successful football program,nothing is going to change.

They are ok with baseball only unfortunately. 

5 minutes ago, ttowngrad said:

Seen where the baseball coach is stepping away from the Diamond

Gonna coach golf.