3A DI DCTF & My Top 10 Comparison/Thoughts

Yoe09

50 minutes ago, Tatum_DirtyBird said:

Honestly I don’t even know if we have a fishing team. How do you go watch that? Do you tie a tube behind someone’s boat and let them pull you wherever they go?

I’m not sure either but I can tell you if they had a fishing team when I was in school I would have been all over. They let those kids out a day during the week to go scout a lake and then they get to fish some of the tournaments during the week. I tried to talk my daughter into joining just so I could fish more 😂 

4 hours ago, Utfan06 said:

What’s Rockdale gonna look like this year? We also play them in non district 

Rockdale took big hits to graduation.  They have a talented sophomore class that they will probably rely on pretty heavily this year.  

Guest Tiger03lb
1 hour ago, sackem said:

#12 DJ Allen

Who has the edge on defense? This is more so open to anyone to answer. I feel like Tatum's front 7 does but GW secondary has the edge there. More of a push, imo. 

6 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

Who has the edge on defense? This is more so open to anyone to answer. I feel like Tatum's front 7 does but GW secondary has the edge there. More of a push, imo. 

The jury is out for me on this one. I want to see the scheme and the players on defense before I make a final decision.  I am going to be surprised if we don’t see some kids in different positions than they were in last season on defense. Initially I would say Tatum has the edge because they are set into a scheme with the same players returning to their spots in that scheme. By district we may be neck and neck. We have the talent to field a good defense if the scheme is right and the players buy into it. 

20 minutes ago, Tiger03lb said:

Tatum will have the edge front 7 wise against anyone they play this season. Fite brothers will cause problems up front. Secondary will be the biggest question mark but should be filled nicely. 

Gladewater had a great meeting last night. If the coaches will stick to what they talk about in the meeting. Gladewater will be hard to beat.  Jonny said some thing that I was glade to here as a parent and I give him respect for admitting it. That was he was to focus on winning instead of holding the kids accountable and investing more into the kids. That’s how you win State championship. Gladewater have always had the kids but we can never seem to get them all on the same page. I have always believed if you hold the kids accountable, invest in them and play as a team in all phases of the game winning will come. There is no I in team. One or two kids will not win the game. It takes everyone to do there part and that’s even the coaches. We no Gladewater can put the points on Tatum but that’s not going to win the game. What will win the game is playing as a team in all phases of our he game. I no people will say he just saying this because of his Kid but that is far from the truth. I have been saying this from day one. Gladewater have miss many opportunities in winning a state championship because of no accountable, no discipline and not play as a team. I want to think the new defense coaches for coming in and helping with that. Kids will get mad at first but they will buy in to what’s going on. 

I want to say to the Tatum guys in here. I have watch y’all team grow the last three years and y’all have became a great football team. Y’all have always been good but the kids y’all have now have bought into the system and what the coaches is doing. I remember my son 9 grade year when we played y’all. I said Tatum is going to be a problem and I was not wrong. Whatever y’all got going on over tell the coaches to keep it up. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bears36 said:

Gladewater had a great meeting last night. If the coaches will stick to what they talk about in the meeting. Gladewater will be hard to beat.  Jonny said some thing that I was glade to here as a parent and I give him respect for admitting it. That was he was to focus on winning instead of holding the kids accountable and investing more into the kids. That’s how you win State championship. Gladewater have always had the kids but we can never seem to get them all on the same page. I have always believed if you hold the kids accountable, invest in them and play as a team in all phases of the game winning will come. There is no I in team. One or two kids will not win the game. It takes everyone to do there part and that’s even the coaches. We no Gladewater can put the points on Tatum but that’s not going to win the game. What will win the game is playing as a team in all phases of our he game. I no people will say he just saying this because of his Kid but that is far from the truth. I have been saying this from day one. Gladewater have miss many opportunities in winning a state championship because of no accountable, no discipline and not play as a team. I want to think the new defense coaches for coming in and helping with that. Kids will get mad at first but they will buy in to what’s going on. 

All of that is good to hear. Stronger discipline may cause the team to lose a few players but it will strengthen the team in the long run. 

On 7/30/2021 at 10:17 AM, Bears36 said:

I want to say to the Tatum guys in here. I have watch y’all team grow the last three years and y’all have became a great football team. Y’all have always been good but the kids y’all have now have bought into the system and what the coaches is doing. I remember my son 9 grade year when we played y’all. I said Tatum is going to be a problem and I was not wrong. Whatever y’all got going on over tell the coaches to keep it up. 

Should be a hell of a battle this year.