Dave Campbell 2021 4A D2 preseason top 10

lionpride08

9 hours ago, SHillBuckeye said:

Gilmer has 2 of the top 20 receivers in the state. Rockwell will take the sting out of having to replace the elder Fluellen.

Rockwell and Fluellen are going to put up gaudy numbers, especially if the Buckeyes running game is as improved as the Gilmer faithful say it will be.

31 minutes ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Hey only got lucky twice . Mickey Mouse taught me to wish upon a star. I am willing to try anything.

Lol who would've known back then what was about to transpire?  We seeing history in the making.

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

I wonder the odds are if Carthage gets  a loss this year or a playoff loss? 

First game of the season lose is lots more likely than a playoff lose.  
New offensive linemen may have a tough nite to start the season against what should be a good defensive front.  

On 6/19/2021 at 12:19 AM, CarthDawg77 said:

Surratt’s  philosophy is to play one game at a time; Kind of the “Don’t count you chickens” approach. Every team wants to beat Carthage & a few have, but it won’t be a Cake Walk for anyone. 

Looking forward to the scrimmage.

• Thanks 2

This is something to keep an eye on:

In 2009 Chapel Hill had a new coach, Thomas Sitton. They finished the season 5-5 and 4th place in their district. The winner of their district was Gilmer who beat the bulldogs 45-7 and proceeded to win the state championship with a perfect record. 
In 2010 Coach Sitton’s Chapel Hill team started the year not ranked in the DCTF top 25. They finished the year 13-2, won the district championship, beat Carthage 46-14, and lost in the State Championship. 

In 2020 Rusk had a new coach, Thomas Sitton. They finished the season 5-6, but lost the last game by forfeit and finished 4th place in their district. The winner of their district was Carthage who beat the eagles 51-7 and proceeded to win the state championship with a perfect record. 

In 2021 Coach Sitton’s Rusk team is starting the year not ranked in the DCTF top 25. 
If history is any indication of the future, and it usually is, I think it’s reasonable to forecast what will happen this year. 

Kilgore will win a State Championship. 

• LOL! 3
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, ronstopable said:

In 2009 Chapel Hill had a new coach, Thomas Sitton. They finished the season 5-5 and 4th place in their district. The winner of their district was Gilmer who beat the bulldogs 45-7 and proceeded to win the state championship with a perfect record. 
In 2010 Coach Sitton’s Chapel Hill team started the year not ranked in the DCTF top 25. They finished the year 13-2, won the district championship, beat Carthage 46-14, and lost in the State Championship. 

In 2020 Rusk had a new coach, Thomas Sitton. They finished the season 5-6, but lost the last game by forfeit and finished 4th place in their district. The winner of their district was Carthage who beat the eagles 51-7 and proceeded to win the state championship with a perfect record. 

In 2021 Coach Sitton’s Rusk team is starting the year not ranked in the DCTF top 25. 
If history is any indication of the future, and it usually is, I think it’s reasonable to forecast what will happen this year. 

That’s a great story, but the gap between Rusk & Carthage on the football field is large.   Rusk should be improved over 2020 but their best case scenario in 2021 is losing to Carthage twice and making it 4 rounds.  How did Kilgore enter the 4A D2 discussion?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ronstopable said:

52 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

That’s a great story, but the gap between Rusk & Carthage on the football field is large.   Rusk should be improved over 2020 but their best case scenario in 2021 is losing to Carthage twice and making it 4 rounds.  How did Kilgore enter the 4A D2 discussion?

A masterclass on irony. Well done, Ron.

49 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Kilgore is the team that beat Chapel Hill in the 2010 State Championship. 

the punchline is with all the similarities between CH then and Rusk now I’m only predicting Kilgore to win state. 

🎤 is this thing on? Hello?

• LOL! 1
  • Confused 1

43 minutes ago, ronstopable said:

Kilgore is the team that beat Chapel Hill in the 2010 State Championship. 

the punchline is with all the similarities between CH then and Rusk now I’m only predicting Kilgore to win state. 

🎤 is this thing on? Hello?

I liked it better when I thought the joke you were making was that none of what you said mattered and you were just predicting Kilgore would win one this year. lol

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mikehoncho said:

I liked it better when I thought the joke you were making was that none of what you said mattered and you were just predicting Kilgore would win one this year. lol

While at the same time removing Hendo’s achievements. Don’t leave out that part 

• LOL! 1
  • Angry 1

On 6/18/2021 at 1:05 PM, lionpride08 said:

Screenshot_20210618-125520.png

WO-S SHOULD HAVED BEEN MOVED DOWN  TWO 10TH SPOT THOMPSON WILL HAVE SOME KEY PLAYERS BACK FROM LAST YEARS GROUP THAT LOST OUT TO A VERY YOUNG CHINA SPRINGS BUNCH. THAT GAME SAW WEST ORANGE STARK PLAYING MOST JR VARSITY PLAYERS ALL NIGHT ALL BUT TWO.

On 6/25/2021 at 9:52 PM, powerlifter said:

WO-S SHOULD HAVED BEEN MOVED DOWN  TWO 10TH SPOT THOMPSON WILL HAVE SOME KEY PLAYERS BACK FROM LAST YEARS GROUP THAT LOST OUT TO A VERY YOUNG CHINA SPRINGS BUNCH. THAT GAME SAW WEST ORANGE STARK PLAYING MOST JR VARSITY PLAYERS ALL NIGHT ALL BUT TWO.

Y’all didn’t want none anyhow!….

😂😀😃🤣😂❗

10 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Y’all didn’t want none anyhow!….

😂😀😃🤣😂❗

Lol probably not at that point of the season! Poor WOS was ravaged by the end of 2020, basically rolling out a freshman/JV squad against China Spring. I thought the Stangs played hard, considering the inexperience that was on the field at the time going up against a young-but-talented CS team.

If WOS can find an offense in 2021, I’m sure they’ll take all comers, Carthage included. Region III is shaping up to be a gauntlet with Carthage, WOS, China Spring, Silsbee, Sealy, Bellville.

Everyone knows it’s the Dawgs’ to lose, but there should be some entertaining matchups in the postseason anyway.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, d0tc0m said:

Lol probably not at that point of the season! Poor WOS was ravaged by the end of 2020, basically rolling out a freshman/JV squad against China Spring. I thought the Stangs played hard, considering the inexperience that was on the field at the time going up against a young-but-talented CS team.

If WOS can find an offense in 2021, I’m sure they’ll take all comers, Carthage included. Region III is shaping up to be a gauntlet with Carthage, WOS, China Spring, Silsbee, Sealy, Bellville.

Everyone knows it’s the Dawgs’ to lose, but there should be some entertaining matchups in the postseason anyway.

If the folks at DCTF are correct in their prediction  of 10 4A then it will be the best 4A division 2 District in the State. Rusk will be a top 10 team. If Jasper and Center are better than the Eagles then Carthage will get some good games leading up to the playoffs.