Dave Campbell 2021 4A D2 preseason top 10

lionpride08

4 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

At this point I am not just hoping Carthage loses a freakin game but someone at least challenges them. The starters still in the 3rd quarter is that too much to ask?

Hey, we’ll be breaking in a lot of boys and in key positions on offense. 

Crosby could get us in basically a home game for them to start the season.

1 hour ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Hey, we’ll be breaking in a lot of boys and in key positions on offense. 

Crosby could get us in basically a home game for them to start the season.

Looking at the season Cornerstone Christian had last year they should be a tough game for Carthage too. They beat Calallen and LBJ last year, 2 very good 4a DI teams. Overall they were 10-1 and won a private school state championship.

So Carthage has 2 teams that on paper should give them all they want the first 2 weeks of the season. 

24 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Looking at the season Cornerstone Christian had last year they should be a tough game for Carthage too. They beat Calallen and LBJ last year, 2 very good 4a DI teams. Overall they were 10-1 and won a private school state championship.

So Carthage has 2 teams that on paper should give them all they want the first 2 weeks of the season. 

That’s right, forgot we have them real early too. 

15 minutes ago, TCU44 said:

Is everybody playing for second place as usual this year? Carthage wins it all but the question is what team gets the joy of having their a$$ handed to them in the state finals?🤷🏼‍♂️

It will be a team from Region 2 D8 again.  The game will be closer than last year.  😂

4 hours ago, TCU44 said:

Is everybody playing for second place as usual this year? Carthage wins it all but the question is what team gets the joy of having their a$$ handed to them in the state finals?🤷🏼‍♂️

Our Bulldogs are replacing a lot of key players at key positions on the offensive side of the ball. We are not counting our eggs before they’ve hatched.

Go Dawgs!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Sforces6 said:

Paris North Lamar wins state this year change my mind. 

I know a Nigerian prince who left you a large inheritance. Just give message me your bank account info, and I will take care of it for you. 

Also I am trying to sell some ocean front property in Arkansas if you are interested in that as well. 

• LOL! 3

14 hours ago, Valhalla said:

I know a Nigerian prince who left you a large inheritance. Just give message me your bank account info, and I will take care of it for you. 

Also I am trying to sell some ocean front property in Arkansas if you are interested in that as well. 

Is the property located in the part of Arkansas that folks have teeth and the family tree forks? Asking for a friend 

17 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Our Bulldogs are replacing a lot of key players at key positions on the offensive side of the ball. We are not counting our eggs before they’ve hatched.

Go Dawgs!!!!!!!!!

When was the last time Carthage was beaten or even scared in the regular season? 

I know Henderson keep a few games kinda close but they never really had a chance to win. 
i thought Carthage “could’ve” lost to Van, in Van,  couple years ago but then Van lost both QBs the week prior, or something like that. 
i don’t recall Gilmer keeping any close recently. 

11 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

When was the last time Carthage was beaten or even scared in the regular season? 

I know Henderson keep a few games kinda close but they never really had a chance to win. 
i thought Carthage “could’ve” lost to Van, in Van,  couple years ago but then Van lost both QBs the week prior, or something like that. 

I was at that game in Van, and those Vandals did not have a chance to win.

1 minute ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Agreed. if a frog has wings. 

But only they lost 21-7 , dropped a walk in pick 6, and didn’t have their coaches kid senior QB starter or his backup. The JV backup played that game. I was also there and asked a local who gave me the story. I was having my doubts about Vans QB play up until i learned that! 😂 

Watched the coaches kid in a playoff game the year prior, he could fling it. 

5 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Also, i believe that was the week y’all lost a coach? I was thinking that would either help or hurt. I thought Carthage looked about as flat as I’ve seen them that game. Still got that W though 

43 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

2018 against pg at carthage. Pg was draining clock and set up for potential field goal.

Pg QB had unforced fumble and gave ball back. Heartbreaker 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Hawk20 said:

2018 against pg at carthage. Pg was draining clock and set up for potential field goal.

Pg QB had unforced fumble and gave ball back. Heartbreaker 

This was the game! PG had us beat, we got lucky and then drove the length of the field in 90 seconds to win it with a TD.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, trashyhound said:

Also, i believe that was the week y’all lost a coach? I was thinking that would either help or hurt. I thought Carthage looked about as flat as I’ve seen them that game. Still got that W though 

I was at that game as well.  Just lost Coach Mac.  It was a VERY big deal.  

1 minute ago, house said:

I was at that game as well.  Just lost Coach Mac.  It was a VERY big deal.  

Seemed that way. Hated that news but i was glad those boys scratched out a W for him in such a tough week. I can only imagine that helped healing that would a little

34 minutes ago, trashyhound said:

That’s right! 
i remember that. 

was this game at PG?

No it was at Carthage for their homecoming. 

PG knew it had a chance going into that game but knew it had to be mistake free.  One mistake cost it.  Worst part is that it was an unforced fumble.  Just dropped the ball.  Honestly, that loss bothered me more than losing to Cuero at state.  But that loss also made that team grow up fast that year.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hawk20 said:

No it was at Carthage for their homecoming. 

PG knew it had a chance going into that game but knew it had to be mistake free.  One mistake cost it.  Worst part is that it was an unforced fumble.  Just dropped the ball.  Honestly, that loss bothered me more than losing to Cuero at state.  But that loss also made that team grow up fast that year.

Gotcha. 
Maybe i was thinking about ’19? 
One of those years the game was in PG it was broadcast online and i remember looking at Carthage Oline vs PG dline and thought “that’s just not fair for everyone else in 4A. 
I’ve seen D1 games with less beef and talent. 
fun to watch though

'19 was at PG.....was a great game until 4th quarter.  PG just ran out of gas. You can visibly see it on the film.   Final score was lopsided but that happened in the 4th quarter.  Just not enough depth to go all 4 quarters.

20 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Drinking and posting usually not a good idea. Hard lessons learned. Liquor usually reserved for Carthage games at least from rest of the state.

Just stirring the pot lol 😂 pretty sure they lost every game last year and won maybe 1 or 2 the year before. Easily one of the worst teams in 4a d2. 

• LOL! 1