COLLEGE BASEBALL WORLD SERIES

Thoughts on day 1?

NC State really really hot right now after running through the La Tech region and surviving the Arkansas super regional after getting hammered 21-2 game 1 vs. the Hogs    Held a dominate Lubbock super regional winner down today in Stanford. 

Arizona is as good at the plate as advertised vs. a really good day 1 Vandy staff.  Vandy is Vandy.   Zona took them to extras but couldn’t beat the Vandy Boys.

Tomorrow should be just as good with Texas vs Miss St. and Tennessee vs. Virginia.

I honestly thought Texas was about to pull that off. 
Obviously Texas had a terrible night at the plate. They didn’t have a comfortable at-bat all night. The Miss St catcher deserves a lot of credit, he got a lot of borderline strike calls that contributed to keeping Texas hitters off balance. 
Ty Madden was excellent tonight 10Ks over 7IP. Hansen was very efficient as well. Got through 2IP on 26 pitches. He’ll be able to start game 3 should Texas get there. I wasn’t sure if Hodo half assed it or if he gave up on it thinking it was going foul into the bleachers. You create more breaks when you put the ball in play.

Texas has the pitching to get through the losers bracket but will the bats be enough? 

1 minute ago, JustAFan11 said:

What a crushing defeat for Virginia last night. Up 4-0 and had a no-hitter going into the 7th. Miss St scores 6 and wins it 6-5. 
Horns get Virginia Thursday at 6. Winner has to beat Miss St twice. 

Texas certainly is capable, if they get the bats going.  If they act like the Bad News Bears at the plate one more time they’ll be heading to Austin

Zubia breaks his Ofer slump and hits a 3-run double in the top of the 9th to give Texas a 6-2 win. Great outing by Pete Hansen, threw one bad pitch that cost him a W but the fresh bullpen was lights out and Texas got timely hits in the 8th and 9th.

Texas pitching depth is going to prove huge. In 3 games they’ve used 6 pitchers and 4 of those can go tonight if needed. Only Hansen and Witt should be off limits tonight. 

I expect to see Madden get another start vs the Bulldogs tonight. 
Game ended at 1:15am, Horns will play Miss St tonight at 6, weather permitting. 

1 hour ago, WETSU said:

Those two teams have been hot. Going to be tough to win 2 in a row against them but its certainly possible. 

Yeah and if you do get Texas/Vandy matchup you likely won’t see aces or even #2 guys unless the finals goes 3 games. Possibly game 2 on 4 days rest. 
Vandy throwing Rocker today and Texas likely to throw Madden tonight. 

38 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Yeah and if you do get Texas/Vandy matchup you likely won’t see aces or even #2 guys unless the finals goes 3 games. Possibly game 2 on 4 days rest. 
Vandy throwing Rocker today and Texas likely to throw Madden tonight. 

Oh yea I didnt think about that. The tournament format is unique and I love it but times like this make me wonder if its really the best way to do it. But I don't want it changed. It's entertaining as is. 

• Like 2