COLLEGE BASEBALL WORLD SERIES

22 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

NCST in Covid protocol. 

Will NCAA force them to forfeit?

Vandy would have their entire pitching rested for the finals if so. Crazy development. 

And we just got the * put on this title... Arguably the hottest team in the tournament taken out because of contact tracing. Wow...

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, WETSU said:

And we just got the * put on this title... Arguably the hottest team in the tournament taken out because of contact tracing. Wow...

Agreed. This has been an incredible tournament to this point. I hate seeing it ruined by this.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, WETSU said:

Agree, the hottest team got some rough news.   Hopefully they can regroup and be back at it tomorrow at somewhat full strength.    

Texas vs Mississippi State tonight to get to the WS finals.  Pretty sure MSU will throw the guy thatcowned Texas in Game 1.  Guessing Texas will throw Steven's, he didn't have a high pitch count against against Tennessee Tuesday.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Red90fly said:

Now Vandy can start Leiter game 1 of the finals instead of him pitching today.

Yea that completely changes the whole tournament. Not only does this #### for NC state who might have won the whole thing, but now Vandy gets a day extra rest and saved an elite starter for an advantage on whoever they get in the finals. Absolutely terrible the way the ncaa handled this. 

Cmon Horns, I personally do not want an all SEC final.    Just terrible for for NC State.   They had a legitimate chance to win it.   I really like seeing all conferences represented in the World Series.   Below are the past 7 years winners and conferences represented.   

2021 - Big 12, SEC, PAC 12, ACC.   Winner ?

2020 - canceled 

2019 - Big 12, SEC, PAC 12, Big 10, ACC     Winner Vanderbilt 

2018 - Big 12, PAC 12, SEC, ACC.     Winner Oregon St.

2017 - PAC 12, SEC, ACC, Big 12, Big West.    Winner Florida

2016 - ACC, Big 12, PAC 12, SEC, Big West, Sun Belt.    Winner Coastal Carolina 

2015 - Big West, ACC, SEC, Big 12.  Winner Virginia

2014 - Big 12, ACC, SEC, Big West.    Winner Vanderbilt 

38 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

There are talks of Vandy players being tested now. 

7ED7EAA7-1857-47B1-97E3-036516A9332F.png

I stole this from 24/7 but I love the idea. 

Vandy needs to refuse to advance to the next round without the final game. Texas and miss st could follow suit. This is the perfect opportunity for teams to take a stand against the chicken poop ncaa and start the dissolution of the entire thing. NIL is going to.make sure that happens anyway so go ahead and do it for something meaningful. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Vandy needs to refuse to advance to the next round without the final game. Texas and miss st could follow suit. This is the perfect opportunity for teams to take a stand against the chicken poop ncaa and start the dissolution of the entire thing. NIL is going to.make sure that happens anyway so go ahead and do it for something meaningful. 

100% agree!

43 minutes ago, WETSU said:

It’s better for Vandy not to play. They don’t have to pitch their stud. 

39 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I understand this sentiment but Texas is playing good baseball right now. I want to see if they can finish the job. 

Hell of a season for the Horns! I expect this team to be back in Omaha next year. They ain’t going anywhere. 

Aside from that, and im saying this as a baseball fan, but I couldn’t believe how horrid the umpiring is for this tournament. There were strikes call on Mississippi state that were clearly balls and and same for Texas. This is the highest level of college baseball and it was like watching high school umpires. 

• Like 1

Great season boys. Heartbreaking loss but they fought all week long and came up just a bit short. 
These were the best two teams all week and they gave us back to back great games. 

CWS for the love of all that is holy find better umpires.