COLLEGE BASEBALL WORLD SERIES

It is, glad to see you taking it well.

Quintanilla kind of blew up in that 9th inning, but he came in and kept Texas in it earlier in the game. Without Quintanilla UT would’ve lost by more than one run. Stinks it ended that way for he and the team. 
When Skinner got on you just knew he’d attempt to steal. As Q was standing there longer and longer I said out loud to throw over to first hoping to get Skinner leaning too far. Q went home with it and Skinner had 2nd. From that point any base hit to the outfield meant game over. I felt Q absolutely couldn’t let Skinner get to 2nd. I think he only threw over to first once before Skinner stole the bag. 

Really good season for Texas, but they could’ve won the national championship. 

I think Mississippi State will sweep Vanderbilt and not because they beat Texas. I think the two best teams at the CWS played today. 

• Like 1

Don't mistake any A&M fan that is happy about this as they are riding the coattails and claiming to be part of a title. We just didn't want that heathen school in austin to win it either. Could have been a school from any conference we don't care who 😂😂

I'm just glad Texas isn't in Nc st shoes. We already gotta hear every year about what would have happened if colt didn't get hurt. Imagine the way the NC st treatment would have gone down 😂

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, WETSU said:

Don't mistake any A&M fan that is happy about this as they are riding the coattails and claiming to be part of a title. We just didn't want that heathen school in austin to win it either. Could have been a school from any conference we don't care who 😂😂

I'm just glad Texas isn't in Nc st shoes. We already gotta hear every year about what would have happened if colt didn't get hurt. Imagine the way the NC st treatment would have gone down 😂

Lol, alright buddy. Saw ‘em off some more.  Your measuring stick got beat so it makes you feel better.  That was Texas’ 37th trip to Omaha.  Measure away.  Oh yea, Colt was in the national championship game.  Have to get there to try to win it.  

11 hours ago, Hookemhorns88 said:

Should’ve walked the next batter once MSU had a man on second. Keeps the double play alive and puts pressure on the hitter as he will have “keeping out of a double play” on his mind.

I completely understand where you’re coming from here. It crossed my mind too but the hitter that won it was a defensive replacement after they pinch hit for the 2nd baseman in the 7th. On top of that the guy on deck was their lead off and a lefty. 

Like I said I do understand your logic. 

13 hours ago, ETXfan16 said:

Hell of a season for the Horns! I expect this team to be back in Omaha next year. They ain’t going anywhere. 

Aside from that, and im saying this as a baseball fan, but I couldn’t believe how horrid the umpiring is for this tournament. There were strikes call on Mississippi state that were clearly balls and and same for Texas. This is the highest level of college baseball and it was like watching high school umpires. 

Texas has a great class coming in so mixed with what’s returning they will be a factor next season.    

8 hours ago, WETSU said:

And that’s that’s why it’s a real rivalry. 

Real rivalries override “conference” or “state” pride.

30 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

And that’s that’s why it’s a real rivalry. 

Real rivalries override “conference” or “state” pride.

Oh i agree. I have never and will never want Texas to win at anything regardless of opponent or sport. I'm not one of those guys who thinks that LSU will "replace" Texas as our rival. They definitely are a team I want to beat every year but they will never be our biggest rival simply because what LSU does every other week besides the one they are playing A&M I don't really care about. But I'll still check the scores and smile every time I see Texas losing at anything to anyone.

• Like 1

And I'll add that any Texas fan that doesn't do the same is not entirely truthful. 

You want to know how I know? You can bet the majority of fans wanted Johnny and A&M to lose to OU in that cotton bowl. If they played in the playoffs most would stomach an OU win if it meant A&M was sent home. 

40 minutes ago, WETSU said:

And I'll add that any Texas fan that doesn't do the same is not entirely truthful. 

You want to know how I know? You can bet the majority of fans wanted Johnny and A&M to lose to OU in that cotton bowl. If they played in the playoffs most would stomach an OU win if it meant A&M was sent home. 

Actually I was hoping for an all out brawl and a double forfeit in that game. 😆

• Like 1
  • LOL! 2

10 hours ago, WETSU said:

Yeah, and don’t forget it!! Hahahaha!

(responding to the bolded portion of your post above)

• LOL! 1

Saw this on Twitter… pretty wild stat. 

Augie Garrido's first 4 seasons at Texas:

1 CWS appearance (0-2 record)
2 regional appearances
0 Big 12 championships 

David Pierce first 4 seasons at Texas: 

2 CWS appearances (3-4 record)
3 regional appearances
2 Big 12 championships

• Like 2