Jump to content

COLLEGE BASEBALL WORLD SERIES


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Yeah, and don’t forget it!! Hahahaha!

(responding to the bolded portion of your post above)

They would not have been there anyways if Sam Bradford would not have been hurt lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Actually I was hoping for an all out brawl and a double forfeit in that game. 😆

Sports teams are like wives. You can only have one at a time unless you are BYU.

Lol.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

They would not have been there anyways if Sam Bradford would not have been hurt lol.

Oh I don’t know, UT always handled Bradford pretty well. He was awesome in college though!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw this on Twitter… pretty wild stat. 
 

Augie Garrido's first 4 seasons at Texas:

1 CWS appearance (0-2 record)
2 regional appearances
0 Big 12 championships 

David Pierce first 4 seasons at Texas: 

2 CWS appearances (3-4 record)
3 regional appearances
2 Big 12 championships

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ETXfan16 said:

Saw this on Twitter… pretty wild stat. 
 

Augie Garrido's first 4 seasons at Texas:

1 CWS appearance (0-2 record)
2 regional appearances
0 Big 12 championships 

David Pierce first 4 seasons at Texas: 

2 CWS appearances (3-4 record)
3 regional appearances
2 Big 12 championships

If he isn't heavily paid already he is on his way to it. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/27/2021 at 11:52 AM, WETSU said:

And I'll add that any Texas fan that doesn't do the same is not entirely truthful. 

You want to know how I know? You can bet the majority of fans wanted Johnny and A&M to lose to OU in that cotton bowl. If they played in the playoffs most would stomach an OU win if it meant A&M was sent home. 

A good friend from the Northeast asked me once if I would rather lose to OU or A&M. Without a thought, I said I'd rather lose to OU 100 out of 100 times than lose to A&M. Now if this year's scenario happened where our baseball team lost a single game to A&M but made it to the CWS - I'm fine with that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

A good friend from the Northeast asked me once if I would rather lose to OU or A&M. Without a thought, I said I'd rather lose to OU 100 out of 100 times than lose to A&M. Now if this year's scenario happened where our baseball team lost a single game to A&M but made it to the CWS - I'm fine with that.

I too would be okay with it if the situation was reversed. 

And I think most Texas fans I've encountered share your thoughts on losing to OU or A&M as well. Especially older generations who remember the SWC days. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Lhornfan said:

A good friend from the Northeast asked me once if I would rather lose to OU or A&M. Without a thought, I said I'd rather lose to OU 100 out of 100 times than lose to A&M. Now if this year's scenario happened where our baseball team lost a single game to A&M but made it to the CWS - I'm fine with that.

Well, Oklahoma is better than you so you should feel no shame in losing to them 🤭😂🤣.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Valhalla said:

Well, Oklahoma is better than you so you should feel no shame in losing to them 🤭😂🤣.

It comes and goes with OU dominating lately. I bet that 2008 game still stings though. 😂

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Lhornfan said:

It comes and goes with OU dominating lately. I bet that 2008 game still stings though. 😂

That whole season stings still.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Lots of booing when vandy took the field. Sounds and looks like a Mississippi State home game, way more maroon there. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JustAFan11 said:

Having that rested pitching staff seemed to work out well for Vandy. 

Those bats were humming 1st inning too. It was game over after that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Another day, another weather delay. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

8-1 MSU top of the 7th. 

 

Unless MSU completely forgets how to play baseball this one is done, tomorrow will be must-see-tv I hope. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

5-0 Dawgs top of the 5th. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

9-0 Dawgs top of 7th

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

No hitter ruined. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Vandy went down sad lol 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Mississippi St is very deserving. Bednar was the best pitcher in the tournament and Sims got outs. Timely hitting and some unlikely hero’s. Fun team to watch play. 


I would’ve loved to see Texas and Mississippi St play a series with fresh pitching staffs.I think it would go three and I think it would’ve been a great 3 games. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

Mississippi St is very deserving. Bednar was the best pitcher in the tournament and Sims got outs. Timely hitting and some unlikely hero’s. Fun team to watch play. 


I would’ve loved to see Texas and Mississippi St play a series with fresh pitching staffs.I think it would go three and I think it would’ve been a great 3 games. 

The three games that Texas/Miss. State played were were better than the three we just saw. 

Congrats to the Dawgs. I have some State friends who have been waiting a long time to see a championship at their school.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, AllGoodNamesRGone said:

Miss st scratches themselves off the list as power 5 teams never winning a team championship. Virginia Tech and Kansas St are the only two left. 

Not just in baseball either. This is their first team national championship in the schools history. I didnt even know that before this week, but I'm glad they finally got one.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...