Waskom and SA got beef?

Eagleborn

55 minutes ago, TDJ89 said:

Canadian doesn't hurt from losing Sr's, they just reloads every yr and goes very deep into the playoffs, the lack of Sr's has proven to have no affect on their teams seasons 

Last year Canadian was loaded with seniors and Gunter had hardly any.  I hear Canadian will be pretty young this year and Gunter while still being young will be the favorite...in my opinion.  They've played each other in the semis for 5 years straight and the winner won state 3 of those years.  Newton spoiled the other two years.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ObiOne said:

Last year Canadian was loaded with seniors and Gunter had hardly any.  I hear Canadian will be pretty young this year and Gunter while still being young will be the favorite...in my opinion.  They've played each other in the semis for 5 years straight and the winner won state 3 of those years.  Newton spoiled the other two years.  

And that's my point about Canadian. 

• Like 1

On 7/22/2021 at 6:11 AM, Airitout1 said:

Correct, but that was before they switched offenses. GT QB is laser times high 4.4, 1 WR is laser time high 4.4, have 2 or 3 backs that are mid 4.5 or lower. 

would love to see the comparison. I remember when we played an east Texas team in 2007/2008. Had multiple D1 athletes, and were told there is no way we could handle the East Texas speed.

On 7/22/2021 at 7:59 AM, Timboslice79 said:

If thats the case I believe speed will be pretty evenly matched.  Waskom has a couple 4.4 guys and a few other 4.5/4.6 guys. Good coaching on both sides so it would be a good match-up on paper. Long season to go and alot has to happen for either team to be there. Gonna be a good season.

Whole lotta speed on these two teams!!  If only football was just a race....

4 hours ago, DeBerryJacket said:

@ObiOne how is Bells looking this year? I see the Baker kid is collecting quite a few offers.   

Should be decent. Lost a few lineman. Kept all the ball handlers. Depends on how the defense comes together 

• Like 1