10 small towns with the best Friday Night Lights atmosphere

lionpride08

There are lots of small towns across the state that have amazing Friday Night experiences. For my dollar, 4A (or old 3A) and below has always had the best environments. I like the smaller stadiums when they’re claustrophobically packed to the brim. And the small-town sights, sounds and concession stand smells just add to the ambiance and experience of a Good Friday night in the fall.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

Yeah, Carthage is kind of a snoozefest on Fridays during the regular season.  Gets me pretty upset.  A lot of the people who are there look like they are at the symphony.  Plus the people who leave early....

It disappoints me too.  And the crowd is not always very receptive and reactive in the moments where you'd like them to be making noise while the Away team is on offense and such.  But I did react with a laugh to your post because its absolutely like people at a symphony.  lol

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

Yeah, Carthage is kind of a snoozefest on Fridays during the regular season.  Gets me pretty upset.  A lot of the people who are there look like they are at the symphony.  Plus the people who leave early....

29374B1A-715B-45D9-8C12-AF4B9C00895F.jpeg

Is it the season ticket holders, the nose bleeds or band mamas leaving early?

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, PantherNation2015 said:

Season ticket holders in the red stadium seats.  When it’s 49-0 at half and the other team hasn’t moved the ball across the 50 it makes for a long night.

I am not one of those fans, you can hear me on every play. 
Let’s Go Dawgs 🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆 and hopefully 🏆

3 hours ago, JBizzle said:

Thank you for saying this. Our fans are pretty boring.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, PantherNation2015 said:

C&C - I have heard fans from the red seats yelling at Surratt to run the ball!  And to punt on 4th & 27 from the Dawg 20.  Was that you?

Man,  the people up there yelling at Surratt to run the ball, punt the ball, stop doing this, start doing that drive me crazy.  How many times do you have to show people you know what you are doing before they stop second guessing you?  (That question is rhetorical because I know the answer is "no number is high enough to stop all the bleacher coaches.")

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, PantherNation2015 said:

C&C - I have heard fans from the red seats yelling at Surratt to run the ball!  And to punt on 4th & 27 from the Dawg 20.  Was that you?

No way to track this stat, but It would be hilarious to know the conversion rate on 4th downs in which some expert from the stands was yelling to punt the ball when Surratt went for it. 😂

I think we have seen more 4th down conversions in some of the most unlikely scenarios than I'd ever have imagined from anyone, prior to Surratt.  

• Thanks 1
  • LOL! 1

2 hours ago, DAWG91 said:

We're spoiled.  Most regular season games crowd noise reminds me of a golf tournament.

With the exception of the Waste Management Phoenix Open.   Lol.  Lots of alcohol consumed and lots of hollering at the players. 

• LOL! 2

3 hours ago, PantherNation2015 said:

No sir, I learned back in 2008 not to second guess the soon to be greatest high school football coach in Texas. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cowboyandchrist said:

No sir, I learned back in 2008 not to second guess the soon to be greatest high school football coach in Texas. 

2012 vs El Campo in the semi’s?  You didn’t second guess that trick play in Q4 that resulted in the fumble and short yardage TD for the Ricebird win?  Heck I think Surratt himself wished he had that one back!