10 small towns with the best Friday Night Lights atmosphere

lionpride08

On 6/21/2021 at 7:12 PM, Eagleborn said:

Playoff atmosphere I’ll agree with the two from East Texas. Regular season unless it’s a big game not so much. 

There are many many teams who are exactly opposite of this as well!

On 6/23/2021 at 11:37 AM, BulldogBacker12 said:

It’s not the norm every week, but when Bulldog Stadium is sold out it’s pretty electric. We have had some crowds/games straight out of the movies.

But I definitely agree with others, wish Carthage had better fans on a every week basis.

The writers from DCTF probably aren’t coming to Carthage to see them play a 3-7 Palestine team. They’re there for the games with Gilmer and PG. 

• Like 1

On 6/24/2021 at 10:44 AM, mikehoncho said:

A good band absolutely boosts the atmosphere big time! Another thing I don't just love about Carthage game day, the military style band or whatever its called is just not for me.  

Band parents, dont come for me 🤫

This brought a tear to my eye. A close friend screen printed this post and sent it to me. Everyone knows my hate for military bands. Lol 

• LOL! 1

Every game at Gunter looks like the state fair.  About 20 years ago, some parents complained about football games little kids were playin behind the stands.  Supt replied "how do you think were so good every year?"

1 hour ago, blueflu said:

Every game at Gunter looks like the state fair.  About 20 years ago, some parents complained about football games little kids were playin behind the stands.  Supt replied "how do you think were so good every year?"

I'm not sure a lot of people even knew who gunter was 20 years ago... It wasn't till 2007 ish when gunter started to go to the 3rd round or further other then 1999. Not hating on gunter but didn't know yall were good before then

7 minutes ago, blueflu said:

not that thats hard these days.  was in 1999

Yeah we are at 14 years now... 90's and early 2000's was tough times here. 70's and 80's we did well. Back when only one team went to the playoffs. These days a 0-10 team can make it

were no 1 in lower classification in 94.  lost to teneha.  got moved up next year to current classification.  into celina and pilot point district.  GA raided our players for next couple of years. were just 6 miles apart

2 minutes ago, blueflu said:

were no 1 in lower classification in 94.  lost to teneha.  got moved up next year to current classification.  into celina and pilot point district.  GA raided our players for next couple of years. were just 6 miles apart

Maybe 93'... Y'all went 7-2 in 94' missed the playoffs but in 93' yall lost to tenaha 32-34 in the 3rd round