10 small towns with the best Friday Night Lights atmosphere

lionpride08

10 hours ago, d0tc0m said:

The prophecy was that by simply mentioning that I thought THAT Carthage team wouldn’t beat THAT Stephenville team, I would invoke the “wE WeReN’T SuPpOsEd To BeAt BrOwNwOoD” crowd. And, as you just said, it was a sure thing. Thank you.

Carthage was the back-to-back state champion quarterbacked by a senior QB who had tons of experience and was maybe the best passer in the Surratt Era. 
Stephenville was very good that year, but for some reason quite a large number of folks across the state underestimated Carthage that year. I’ll never understand where that came from. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, d0tc0m said:

The prophecy was that by simply mentioning that I thought THAT Carthage team wouldn’t beat THAT Stephenville team, I would invoke the “wE WeReN’T SuPpOsEd To BeAt BrOwNwOoD” crowd. And, as you just said, it was a sure thing. Thank you.

I’ll hang up and listen to the comments about the 2010Brownwood game now.”

Well to be fair, you lured someone to talk about the Brownwood game. Lol

• Like 2

20 hours ago, tbird9100 said:

I’m suprised Joaquin’s new turf field hasn’t been mentioned!!!

Waiting on the new pressbox before we post pictures. But a Top-15 matchup with Beckville on Thursday 8/26 should be a doozy of a housewarming. Big crowd, probably coaches from every school in Districts 9 & 10 will be there. 

On 6/21/2021 at 7:12 PM, Eagleborn said:

Playoff atmosphere I’ll agree with the two from East Texas. Regular season unless it’s a big game not so much. 

I agree. Gilmers fan base has become ho hum to the regular season and that to bad. I did see that start to turn around a little last year with Metzel at the helm. Hopefully that continues.  

• Like 1