Decatur Opens

Coach0001

58 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

Anybody got any more info?  That's a weird story.  They voted unanimously to keep him 3 months ago?  Something happen in the meantime?  Schoolboard election?

Supposedly a re-election. Part of the bird wanted to wait for a meeting with everyone, but the new president called a meeting while a supporter or 2 was gone. Seems crazy, had a letter of support from every coach, and the band director, and still voted out.

46 minutes ago, Airitout1 said:

Supposedly a re-election. Part of the bird wanted to wait for a meeting with everyone, but the new president called a meeting while a supporter or 2 was gone. Seems crazy, had a letter of support from every coach, and the band director, and still voted out.

Insert pic of dumpster fire 🔥 

4 hours ago, Airitout1 said:

new president, they apparently went after the sup before but it didnt stick.  The meeting went 8 hours because I'm sure the lawyers came in and went into buy outs.  To get him to resign I bet they had to pay out the nose.  Good for the coach, got out of a situation that they (a few idiots) wanted his head which is never good but hes gonna get PAID.  Bad for the kids.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, nationalpastime said:

It would have been more beneficial for the board to wait until, I don't know, around November to December? 

I'm wondering if they already have their guy waiting or if they'll do an interim.  Any way about it this wreaks.  

I believe they're rolling with an interim.

This whole thing is just bizarre. I wonder if there's something behind the scenes that happened that nobody can/wants to talk about. Either way, the timing is pitiful, and it's the kids who are going to suffer. Maybe the team can rally together and around the interim and put together a good season.

4 hours ago, d0tc0m said:

I believe they're rolling with an interim.

This whole thing is just bizarre. I wonder if there's something behind the scenes that happened that nobody can/wants to talk about. Either way, the timing is pitiful, and it's the kids who are going to suffer. Maybe the team can rally together and around the interim and put together a good season.

About 4 or 5 years ago the principal, supe and coach Fuller suspended 4 volleyball players for drinking and breaking curfew. 2 of the dads just got on the school board. Told the supe to fire Fuller, supe said he wouldn’t so they called a special board meeting and vote 4-2 to oust him. He still has a year on contract. Nothing but personal vendettas from a couple of idiots. They will not find a coach to take that job unless he has unquestionable character. Complete #### show.

32 minutes ago, randomuser said:

About 4 or 5 years ago the principal, supe and coach Fuller suspended 4 volleyball players for drinking and breaking curfew. 2 of the dads just got on the school board. Told the supe to fire Fuller, supe said he wouldn’t so they called a special board meeting and vote 4-2 to oust him. He still has a year on contract. Nothing but personal vendettas from a couple of idiots. They will not find a coach to take that job unless he has unquestionable character. Complete #### show.

Wow……..

45 minutes ago, randomuser said:

Wow. What a mess

2 hours ago, dillonpanthers said:

Wow. What a mess

Yep and he has a good team coming back. So good that he turned down a job offer that was gonna pay him about $25k more than what Decatur is paying him. I hope TASB does take over because you can’t find a better ball coach and better man. They couldn’t find anything he’s done wrong, it’s just a personal vendetta. They’ve already got the principal and supe that was in on that meeting, noe they finally got Fuller. Complete #### show that I hope comes back and bites them in the ####.

22 hours ago, Coach0001 said:

Wise County busy with long board meetings 

This may not be Boyd ISD/s  fault.  Coach Babin could have gotten a matching or better offer to stay put.   I don't know why he turned Boyd's offer down.