2021 District 6-3A Div. 1

Sportsjunkiee

Just now, GWBears01 said:

We looked small and slow. Probably won’t win any district games this year. 

Same as us. I was just trying to strike fear in teams. Hopefully we make the playoffs. 

il watch yalls scrimmage in a bit. 

15 hours ago, Racer55 said:

Yeah idk how they look yet turned on but they’re brand new from the ground up. Probably some kinda white led type. The old ones were the yellow ones which I liked. They also just wrapped the top of the Stadium And put up a lot of sheet metal siding under the bleachers. Looks nice. They wrapped a school bus too. 

A717F830-E73E-42C6-BFBB-0C415FEA6B74.jpeg

A908C693-77D7-4E73-B531-63C46A33CEC9.jpeg

30A6CFBC-D708-401C-AE75-5B702200E05E.jpeg

Lol fancy like Applebee’s 

1 hour ago, GWBears01 said:

No I think even Tatum has a chance to take us down this year. 

We didn't look good at all on offense.  Fumbles and interceptions. Can't take a snap. Offensive line getting pushed back.  We've got a lot of work to do on that side of the ball in a short time.  Defense looked good.  

6 minutes ago, coolbear99 said:

We didn't look good at all on offense.  Fumbles and interceptions. Can't take a snap. Offensive line getting pushed back.  We've got a lot of work to do on that side of the ball in a short time.  Defense looked good.  

The saving grace is that it is still early. The OL has a lot of new faces so it may take some time. They better get it together quick tho because in 2 weeks Gilmer’s DL will be very good. The defense may actually end up being a strength instead of a liability but it was Brownsboro so you can’t really gauge it yet. I do have faith that Johnny will straighten out the offense but the OL has to improve. 

1 hour ago, Eagleborn said:

Lol fancy like Applebee’s 

Man it’s great to see some simple improvements made to the stadium. Seems like the last improvements to it were made before my time, so it’s nice to see some made to it. Stadium was built in 55 as far as I know. Along with the new 2 year old field house it does look quite nice. 

16 minutes ago, Racer55 said:

Man it’s great to see some simple improvements made to the stadium. Seems like the last improvements to it were made before my time, so it’s nice to see some made to it. Stadium was built in 55 as far as I know. Along with the new 2 year old field house it does look quite nice. 

I'm all for renovating. Good to see yall getting a face lift. Wonder if yall will ever put the sprinklers away and get turf?

2 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

I'm all for renovating. Good to see yall getting a face lift. Wonder if yall will ever put the sprinklers away and get turf?

I don’t like turf. One slide on a bad turf field makes you think twice about doing it again. 

2 minutes ago, bearnation said:

I, like a lot of other GW fans, am surprised the defense has looked better in the early-goings than the offense... of course it would/will help to have DJ and Kolin in the game 99% of the time instead of 10% 

Yes I’ve heard some really good things about the defense. Definitely a shock that they are ahead of the offense. Having DJ and Kollin on the field more will definitely cure some problems 😊

13 minutes ago, bearnation said:

I, like a lot of other GW fans, am surprised the defense has looked better in the early-goings than the offense... of course it would/will help to have DJ and Kolin in the game 99% of the time instead of 10% 

This early in the season defenses are supposed to be ahead of the offenses. 

7 minutes ago, Eagleborn said:

This early in the season defenses are supposed to be ahead of the offenses. 

I guess I meant better relative to my expectations not necessarily surprised that the defense is playing better than the offense (you are right defense's normally do play better early)... Basically what i'm saying is the defense looks better than expected and the offense doesnt look as good as expected, yet