“Argue with DB” Thread

DB2point0

2 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

They beat Bradford the year before.  Ou fan just blowing hot air again

3 point victory against a Freshman Landry Jones. 

I’ll never forget Keenan Clayton dropping the pick six from McCoy that would have won the game.

36 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

3 point victory against a Freshman Landry Jones. 

I’ll never forget Keenan Clayton dropping the pick six from McCoy that would have won the game.

Texas beat Bradford 45-35 in 08.  In 09 they beat ou 16-13 with Landry Jones (Bradford hurt)

Just now, Valhalla said:

Thank you for repeating exactly what I just said. 

Like I said earlier, Texas beat ou the year before WITH Bradford.  You were the one blowing about if they’d had Bradford.  So you were basically agreeing with me to start with?

9 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

@DB2point0That’s exactly what I am saying. 

The reigning Heisman trophy winner and future #1 pick of the draft is worth at least 3 points. 

And don’t get me started about Ryan Reynolds getting hurt in the 3rd quarter of the 2008 game lol. 

The 09 game was completely different than the 08 game.  It was more controlled by the defenses.  All I was saying was that if Bradford was the difference needed to beat Texas in 09, why didn’t it help in 08???   

5 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

The 09 game was completely different than the 08 game.  It was more controlled by the defenses.  All I was saying was that if Bradford was the difference needed to beat Texas in 09, why didn’t it help in 08???   

Texas had like -4 rushing yards in the 3rd quarter of that 2008 game until Oklahoma’s starting MLB got hurt. 

They finished with like 250. That was the difference that year.

• Lobo97 locked and unlocked this topic
1 minute ago, DB2point0 said:

You were the one with the ignorant comment, I just brought to light the ignorance in it.

Actually his comment makes sense. Yours does not. Comparing the previous years results is meaningless. There were tons of different players on both sides... 

What he's saying is that in 09, with all things the same except Sam instead of a freshman Landry jones, OU likely scores 4 more points. Your argument of the year before is the ignorant one, not his. Just "bringing light to your ignorance" as you like to say. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Actually his comment makes sense. Yours does not. Comparing the previous years results is meaningless. There were tons of different players on both sides... 

What he's saying is that in 09, with all things the same except Sam instead of a freshman Landry jones, OU likely scores 4 more points. Your argument of the year before is the ignorant one, not his. Just "bringing light to your ignorance" as you like to say. 

I even acknowledged the differences in the games, had you cared to read that.  Even with the different personnel, Bradford wasn’t a guarantee to make any difference.  Somebody who claims to know as much about football as you do should know that.  

fact: Bradford DID play in 08, lost by 10. 
fact: bradfordless ou lost by 3.

opinion: Bradford makes a difference in 09.  There’s no fact in that anywhere.  Strictly opinion.  

as I said to Val in the other thread about Reynolds, have better backups. The same can be said here.  How many rushing yards did OU have that day?

as I like to say?  I think I’ve said that once….don’t you have some sawing to practice?

1 hour ago, Valhalla said:

@DB2point0That’s exactly what I am saying. 

The reigning Heisman trophy winner and future #1 pick of the draft is worth at least 3 points. 

And don’t get me started about Ryan Reynolds getting hurt in the 3rd quarter of the 2008 game lol. 

You go on now, go on down the road kicking rocks. Get out of here with your OU excuses during UT’s best years against them, we ain’t accepting them.

• LOL! 2

5 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

I even acknowledged the differences in the games, had you cared to read that.  Even with the different personnel, Bradford wasn’t a guarantee to make any difference.  Somebody who claims to know as much about football as you do should know that.  

fact: Bradford DID play in 08, lost by 10. 
fact: bradfordless ou lost by 3.

opinion: Bradford makes a difference in 09.  There’s no fact in that anywhere.  Strictly opinion.  

as I said to Val in the other thread about Reynolds, have better backups. The same can be said here.  How many rushing yards did OU have that day?

as I like to say?  I think I’ve said that once….don’t you have some sawing to practice?

You keep saying that OU lost by 10 with Sam the year before implying he wouldn't have made a difference in 2009. But use your brain for two seconds. OU didnt lose that game because of sam they lost it because the defense gave up 45 freaking points. Sam and the offense put up 35. In 2009 the defense played very well. Well enough that a lot of points weren't needed. 

If you think with EVERY single player being the same on 2009 teams except Sam instead of Landry, and Sam isn't worth an extra 3 points in that situation you're brain dead. Sthu with your football iq nonsense if you believe that. Every Texas fan on this board would be willing to admit how stupid you sound saying that. 

And you keep saying get better backups but its you and your fan base who EVERY YEAR for a decade+ now finds a way to have a debate on SDC and in real life that if your Colt wasn't hurt Texas beats bama. You can't do stuff like that then say "get better backups" when the role is reversed. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WETSU said:

You keep saying that OU lost by 10 with Sam the year before implying he wouldn't have made a difference in 2009. But use your brain for two seconds. OU didnt lose that game because of sam they lost it because the defense gave up 45 freaking points. Sam and the offense put up 35. In 2009 the defense played very well. Well enough that a lot of points weren't needed. 

If you think with EVERY single player being the same on 2009 teams except Sam instead of Landry, and Sam isn't worth an extra 3 points in that situation you're brain dead. Sthu with your football iq nonsense if you believe that. Every Texas fan on this board would be willing to admit how stupid you sound saying that. 

And you keep saying get better backups but its you and your fan base who EVERY YEAR for a decade+ now finds a way to have a debate on SDC and in real life that if your Colt wasn't hurt Texas beats bama. You can't do stuff like that then say "get better backups" when the role is reversed. 

It’s all a what if scenario.  Sam could’ve played and Texas won by 17.  Sam might’ve thrown 4 picks.  Who knows.  How many rushing yards did ou have in that game in 09?

9 hours ago, HearEmaGrowlin said:

You go on now, go on down the road kicking rocks. Get out of here with your OU excuses during UT’s best years against them, we ain’t accepting them.

People (and my one of one of fan) ask me Stoney, with all the millions you have made working for this site why don’t you retire and ride off into the sunset? I say People, threads and comments like this is why they’ll have to pry my keyboard away from me like a Southern grandma who just discovered Pinterest. 

• Thanks 1
  • LOL! 2

9 hours ago, WETSU said:

And Colt played that game with the flu…,

if’s and but’s….