Tyler High Vs Texas High

NODAYSOFFTX

Thoughts? 

interesting game to say the least for Tyler high we finally have a qb that can throw and has the ability to run, also having probably the best receiving corps in the district talent wise also helps, very solid secondary also for Tyler. Biggest question marks will be in the trench’s for Tyler. Texas high on the other hand don’t know much about outside of them losing their top player to Oklahoma I did see they were bring a lot back so maybe that will help, but I think Tyler is ready to get back to winning. 

give me Tyler by 14

t-high has a QB, RB maybe a WR that are getting some D1 offers. DE/LB I think is committing at the end of the month to either UT or Baylor. they may have another one in the secondary that is getting some looks too not positive on that though.

should be a good one.

39 minutes ago, txk85 said:

t-high has a QB, RB maybe a WR that are getting some D1 offers. DE/LB I think is committing at the end of the month to either UT or Baylor. they may have another one in the secondary that is getting some looks too not positive on that though.

should be a good one.

Thank you for the insight. Is this the same QB and running back from last season? 

7 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

I'm not picking them in any game this season.  They have been so bad the past couple of years, I need to be convinced by their play on the field. 

Well from what I seen in the off-season gives me cause for pause. But it’s different when it’s actually time, I’m not saying they are gonna win district right now, but on paper they should be a playoff team “talent wise”. 

One thing Longview fans can’t really knock me on is predictions lol. I’m usually spot on, and that was pretty evident when y’all played lancaster last season I told y’all it was gonna be a blowout and wasn’t gonna be close and it was exactly as I said too lol but none of y’all believed me y’all believed the hype of what DCTF and other news outlets said about them but eye test that weren’t really good. Even in 2018 no believed JT could win district let alone almost go to state, y’all called me crazy but it happened. But That’s just one of many.  I’ll even put out a bold bet right now for LV fans. If  JT goes undefeated in district play @LoboFan07 @ANTI gotta rock a CUJO shirt for day? If Longview goes undefeated district I’ll wear a LV shirt and some green shades for a day? Deal?!

6 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

One thing Longview fans can’t really knock me on is predictions lol. I’m usually spot on, and that was pretty evident when y’all played lancaster last season I told y’all it was gonna be a blowout and wasn’t gonna be close and it was exactly as I said too lol but none of y’all believed me y’all believed the hype of what DCTF and other news outlets said about them but eye test that weren’t really good. Even in 2018 no believed JT could win district let alone almost go to state, y’all called me crazy but it happened. But That’s just one of many.  I’ll even put out a bold bet right now for LV fans. If  JT goes undefeated in district play @LoboFan07 @ANTI gotta rock a CUJO shirt for day? If Longview goes undefeated district I’ll wear a LV shirt and some green shades for a day? Deal?!

JT going undefeated in district play....would mean they went into Highlander and Lobo...and won.

I'll take that bet. 

• Like 1

As for this matchup, this should be closer than it was last year. Holt has changed the dynamics of this Tyler High offense.

However, I still have to give the nod to Texas High.

Beyond homefield advantage, I think the Tigers have the slightly better QB in McHenry. As improved as JTs offense will be, T-High still has an amazing defense that can get the stops. The Tyler High defensive line will be very inexperienced...and they'll be tasked with trying to penetrate a massive tiger oline that'll be anchored by McCullough (6'4 290) and Jack (6'4 270). Behind that line will be a D1 tailback in Braylon Stewart, who had 170 yards and 3 TDs vs Tyler High a year ago.

My $ is on Texas High by 15.

15 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Give me some slack I gotta hype the team up somehow 😎😎 lol. 

Its not a stretch to say Tyler has one of the best WR groups in the district (probably like 2nd/3rd).  BUT....if Oline is bad and the qb can't get them the ball, then it doesn't matter.   But between Wade, Potts, Lacy, and even McFall, its a very good group. 

8 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

Its not a stretch to say Tyler has one of the best WR groups in the district (probably like 2nd/3rd).  BUT....if Oline is bad and the qb can't get them the ball, then it doesn't matter.   But between Wade, Potts, Lacy, and even McFall, its a very good group. 

Don't forget about Ashad Walker. He is back playing football. 

1 minute ago, VonG said:

Don't forget about Ashad Walker. He is back playing football. 

oh yea.  I was going to talk to you about that. I was shocked to see that.  Where do you see his future at...Basketball or football?

45 minutes ago, JTFAN99 said:

oh yea.  I was going to talk to you about that. I was shocked to see that.  Where do you see his future at...Basketball or football?

As for as East Texas is concerned. Football is your meal ticket. We have some good high school basketball players but none really good enough to go off to a big college and hoop. Kids don't hope like we used to hoop. You have to work on your skills in basketball to truly be great. The last true good basketball players to me was Justin Johnson lil brother and Tyus that could actually hoop. Alot of these kids are just good athletes. Not hoopers. Ashad can hoop but nothing that will warrant a D1 scholarship in my opinion. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JTFAN99 said:

Ranking the district WR groups:

1. Longview

2. HP 

3. Tyler

4. Sherman

5. McKinney North

6. Wylie East

7. West Mesquite

• Like 1

22 hours ago, VonG said:

As for as East Texas is concerned. Football is your meal ticket. We have some good high school basketball players but none really good enough to go off to a big college and hoop. Kids don't hope like we used to hoop. You have to work on your skills in basketball to truly be great. The last true good basketball players to me was Justin Johnson lil brother and Tyus that could actually hoop. Alot of these kids are just good athletes. Not hoopers. Ashad can hoop but nothing that will warrant a D1 scholarship in my opinion. 

yea you probably right about that. But its tough to get a Div.1 offer in basketball.  Tyus I think is the last one with a Div.1 offer.    

I think there are some kids if they stuck with basketball instead of football could probably get some offers, but football is king and none of those guys were over 6'3. 

On 7/13/2021 at 8:14 AM, ANTI said:

As for this matchup, this should be closer than it was last year. Holt has changed the dynamics of this Tyler High offense.

However, I still have to give the nod to Texas High.

Beyond homefield advantage, I think the Tigers have the slightly better QB in McHenry. As improved as JTs offense will be, T-High still has an amazing defense that can get the stops. The Tyler High defensive line will be very inexperienced...and they'll be tasked with trying to penetrate a massive tiger oline that'll be anchored by McCullough (6'4 290) and Jack (6'4 270). Behind that line will be a D1 tailback in Braylon Stewart, who had 170 yards and 3 TDs vs Tyler High a year ago.

My $ is on Texas High by 15.

I wouldn't say VERY inexperienced. Tave is basically a returning starter,  and Sanford played snaps on varsity last yr too.   But again, I think THigh should be favored in this game. 

2 hours ago, JTFAN99 said:

yea you probably right about that. But its tough to get a Div.1 offer in basketball.  Tyus I think is the last one with a Div.1 offer.    

I think there are some kids if they stuck with basketball instead of football could probably get some offers, but football is king and none of those guys were over 6'3. 

That's why I said I think football would be better for Walker. Definitely more opportunities for him.

• Like 1

Great early season match-up for these teams who were district rivals for many decades.    I expect my Tigers to be really good this fall.    I always expect JT (still adjusting to Tyler High) to be strong.   Both teams will benefit from opening the season with a tough opponent.   When this one is over, both coaching staffs will clearly know where their strengths and weaknesses are in order to prepare for the district schedule.