Deep dive into MAGA, voter fraud, and where we go from here... 🇺🇸 (serious)

Mr. P

Regardless of whether you're MAGA supporter, QAnon follower, or Orange Man Bad adherent; a Boomer, a Zoomer, or just a weary Gen X'er, there's something for you in the recent epic Tweet-thread posted by "anonymous" commentator MartyrMade.

(NOTE: this thread is for serious discussion of relevant issues only. If you clicked here to post a meme, derisive insults, or just to parrot partisan talking points, please move along. Failure to abide by this will result in immediate 90-day suspension, and possible permanent ban.)

If you don't like weeding through long Twitter threads (I sure don't) I've got the whole thing copy/pasted here (warning, it's quite long):

I think I've had discussions w/enough Boomer-tier Trump supporters who believe the 2020 election was fraudulent to extract a general theory about their perspective. It is also the perspective of most of the people at the Capitol on 1/6, and probably even Trump himself. 1/x 

Most believe some or all of the theories involving midnight ballots, voting machines, etc, but what you find when you talk to them is that, while they'll defend those positions w/info they got from Hannity or Breitbart or whatever, they're not particularly attached to them. 2/x 

Here are the facts - actual, confirmed facts - that shape their perspective: 1) The FBI/etc spied on the 2016 Trump campaign using evidence manufactured by the Clinton campaign. We now know that all involved knew it was fake from Day 1 (see: Brennan's July 2016 memo, etc). 3/x 

These are Tea Party people. The types who give their kids a pocket Constitution for their birthday and have Founding Fathers memes in their bios. The intel community spying on a presidential campaign using fake evidence (incl forged documents) is a big deal to them. 4/x 

Everyone involved lied about their involvement as long as they could. We only learned the DNC paid for the manufactured evidence because of a court order. Comey denied on TV knowing the DNC paid for it, when we have emails from a year earlier proving that he knew. 5/x 

This was true with everyone, from CIA Dir Brennan & Adam Schiff - who were on TV saying they'd seen clear evidence of collusion w/Russia, while admitting under oath behind closed doors that they hadn't - all the way down the line. In the end we learned that it was ALL fake. 6/x 

At first, many Trump ppl were worried there must be some collusion, because every media & intel agency wouldn't make it up out of nothing. When it was clear that they had made it up, people expected a reckoning, and shed many illusions about their gov't when it didn't happen. 7/x 

We know as fact: a) The Steele dossier was the sole evidence used to justify spying on the Trump campaign, b) The FBI knew the Steele dossier was a DNC op, c) Steele's source told the FBI the info was unserious, d) they did not inform the court of any of this and kept spying. 8/x 

Trump supporters know the collusion case front and back. They went from worrying the collusion must be real, to suspecting it might be fake, to realizing it was a scam, then watched as every institution - agencies, the press, Congress, academia - gaslit them for another year. 9/x 

Worse, collusion was used to scare people away from working in the administration. They knew their entire lives would be investigated. Many quit because they were being bankrupted by legal fees. The DoJ, press, & gov't destroyed lives and actively subverted an elected admin. 10/x 

This is where people whose political identity was largely defined by a naive belief in what they learned in Civics class began to see the outline of a Regime that crossed all institutional boundaries. Because it had stepped out of the shadows to unite against an interloper. 11/x 

GOP propaganda still has many of them thinking in terms of partisan binaries, but A LOT of Trump supporters see that the Regime is not partisan. They all know that the same institutions would have taken opposite sides if it was a Tulsi Gabbard vs Jeb Bush election. 12/x 

It's hard to describe to people on the left (who are used to thinking of gov't as a conspiracy... Watergate, COINTELPRO, WMD, etc) how shocking & disillusioning this was for people who encourage their sons to enlist in the Army, and hate ppl who don't stand for the Anthem. 13/x 

They could have managed the shock if it only involved the government. But the behavior of the corporate press is really what radicalized them. They hate journalists more than they hate any politician or gov't official, because they feel most betrayed by them. 14/x 

The idea that the press is driven by ratings/sensationalism became untenable. If that were true, they'd be all over the Epstein story. The corporate press is the propaganda arm of the Regime they now see in outline. Nothing anyone says will ever make them unsee that, period. 15/x 

This is profoundly disorienting. Many of them don't know for certain whether ballots were faked in November 2020, but they know for absolute certain that the press, the FBI, etc would lie to them if there was. They have every reason to believe that, and it's probably true. 16/x 

They watched the press behave like animals for four years. Tens of millions of people will always see Kavanaugh as a gang rapist, based on nothing, because of CNN. And CNN seems proud of that. They led a lynch mob against a high school kid. They cheered on a summer of riots. 17/x 

They always claimed the media had liberal bias, fine, whatever. They still thought the press would admit truth if they were cornered. Now they don't. It's a different thing to watch them invent stories whole cloth in order to destroy regular lives and spark mass violence. 18/x 

Time Mag told us that during the 2020 riots, there were weekly conference calls involving, among others, leaders of the protests, the local officials who refused to stop them, and media people who framed them for political effect. In Ukraine we call that a color revolution. 19/x 

Throughout the summer, Democrat governors took advantage of COVID to change voting procedures. It wasn't just the mail-ins (they lowered signature matching standards, etc). After the collusion scam, the fake impeachment, Trump ppl expected shenanigans by now. 20/x 

Re: "fake impeachment", we now know that Trump's request for Ukraine to cooperate w/the DOJ regarding Biden's $ activities in Ukraine was in support of an active investigation being pursued by the FBI and Ukraine AG at the time, and so a completely legitimate request. 21/x 

Then you get the Hunter laptop scandal. Big Tech ran a full-on censorship campaign against a major newspaper to protect a political candidate. Period. Everyone knows it, all of the Tech companies now admit it was a "mistake" - but, ya know, the election's over, so who cares? 22/x 

Goes w/o saying, but: If the NY Times had Don Jr's laptop, full of pics of him smoking crack and engaging in group sex, lots of lurid family drama, emails describing direct corruption and backed up by the CEO of the company they were using, the NYT wouldn't have been banned. 23/x 

Think back: Stories about Trump being pissed on by Russian prostitutes and blackmailed by Putin were promoted as fact, and the only evidence was a document paid for by his opposition and disavowed by its source. The NY Post was banned for reporting on true information. 24/x 

The reaction of Trump ppl to all this was not, "no fair!" That's how they felt about Romney's "binders of women" in 2012. This is different. Now they see, correctly, that every institution is captured by ppl who will use any means to exclude them from the political process. 25/x 

And yet they showed up in record numbers to vote. He got 13m more votes than in 2016, 10m more than Clinton got! As election night dragged on, they allowed themselves some hope. But when the four critical swing states (and only those states) went dark at midnight, they knew. 26/x 

Over the ensuing weeks, they got shuffled around by grifters and media scam artists selling them conspiracy theories. They latched onto one, then another increasingly absurd theory as they tried to put a concrete name on something very real. 27/x 

Media & Tech did everything to make things worse. Everything about the election was strange - the changes to procedure, unprecedented mail-in voting, the delays, etc - but rather than admit that and make everything transparent, they banned discussion of it (even in DMs!). 28/x 

Everyone knows that, just as Don Jr's laptop would've been the story of the century, if everything about the election dispute was the same, except the parties were reversed, suspicions about the outcome would've been Taken Very Seriously. See 2016 for proof. 29/x 

Even the courts' refusal of the case gets nowhere w/them, because of how the opposition embraced mass political violence. They'll say, w/good reason: What judge will stick his neck out for Trump knowing he'll be destroyed in the media as a violent mob burns down his house? 30/x 

It's a fact, according to Time Magazine, that mass riots were planned in cities across the country if Trump won. Sure, they were "protests", but they were planned by the same people as during the summer, and everyone knows what it would have meant. Judges have families, too. 31/x 

Forget the ballot conspiracies. It's a fact that governors used COVID to unconstitutionally alter election procedures (the Constitution states that only legislatures can do so) to help Biden to make up for a massive enthusiasm gap by gaming the mail-in ballot system. 32/x 

They knew it was unconstitutional, it's right there in plain English. But they knew the cases wouldn't see court until after the election. And what judge will toss millions of ballots because a governor broke the rules? The threat of mass riots wasn't implied, it was direct. 33/x 

a) The entrenched bureaucracy & security state subverted Trump from Day 1, b) The press is part of the operation, c) Election rules were changed, d) Big Tech censors opposition, e) Political violence is legitimized & encouraged, f) Trump is banned from social media. 34/x 

They were led down some rabbit holes, but they are absolutely right that their gov't is monopolized by a Regime that believes they are beneath representation, and will observe no limits to keep them getting it. Trump fans should be happy he lost; it might've kept him alive. /end 

(Source: https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1413165168956088321.html) 

If that 1,7000-word marathon didn't wear you out, here's a more fleshed-out essay from the author himself: journalist/podcaster Darryl Cooper.

Author of the Mega-Viral Thread on MAGA Voters Explains His Thinkinghttps://bit.ly/2VCtj21

I think the key takeaway can be found in his closing paragraph:

Trump supporters were led down some rabbit holes. But they are absolutely right that the institutions and power centers of this country have been monopolized by a Regime that believes they are beneath representation, and will observe no limits to prevent them getting it. I encourage people on the Left to recognize the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity in front of them. You’re not going to agree with the conservatives on everything. But if in 2004 I had told you that the majority of the GOP voter base would soon be seeing the folly of the Iraq War, becoming skeptical of state surveillance, and beginning to see the need for action to help the poor and working classes, you’d have told me such a thing would transform the country. Take the opportunity. These people are not demons, and they are ready to listen in a way they haven’t in a long, long time.

Thoughts? 

19 hours ago, ObiOne said:

Just hundreds of coincidences lol

Strange though that each and every one of them lead to a more communistic government.  Probably nothing.

19 hours ago, LOL said:

Please elaborate. 

I've had most of the same observations and thoughts as the author.  It is almost as if the perfect storm has lined up against everything good about America.  The values had been gradually leaning farther towards the left for decades. But these last couple years have us speeding straight towards communism.  The media has become so influential in the direction of the country and it is not a good direction in my opinion.

• Like 1

Talking about election fraud, I don't know if Trump was rooked out of the election or not, but with that said, the way the democrats are fighting any ballot recounts and verifications says to me that something isn't kosher and I hope I am wrong but I want to hear everything was on the up and up and it does not look like it to me

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ObiOne said:

I've had most of the same observations and thoughts as the author.  It is almost as if the perfect storm has lined up against everything good about America.  The values had been gradually leaning farther towards the left for decades. But these last couple years have us speeding straight towards communism.  The media has become so influential in the direction of the country and it is not a good direction in my opinion.

Thank you for adding your thoughts to the discussion. 

While I disagree that we are heading toward classical Communism proper, the trajectory is certainly toward some manifestation of totalitarianism. A new-ish strain, more likely. 

• Like 1

They watched the press behave like animals for four years. Tens of millions of people will always see Kavanaugh as a gang rapist, based on nothing, because of CNN. And CNN seems proud of that. 

This issue was my awakening and when I learned that the left would do ANYTHING to get more power.  I was very disturbed and shocked that so many people would go along with and orchestrate such a despicable charade.  Nothing surprises me now.

Just a few things...

"The FBI/etc spied on the 2016 Trump campaign using evidence manufactured by the Clinton campaign"

I don't have all the information, but based on my limited knowledge, I would say this is questionable at best. At least as far as the spying goes.

"These are Tea Party people. The types who give their kids a pocket Constitution for their birthday and have Founding Fathers memes in their bios. "

I think that's a bit of a mischaracterization.

"Everyone involved lied about their involvement as long as they could."

I wouldn't say "everyone", and this seems to somewhat be a commonplace occurrence regardless of the party in power. I mean, how often do we say, "How do you know when a politician is lying? He's talking."

"This was true with everyone, from CIA Dir Brennan & Adam Schiff"

I do think Schiff was hiding something. I can't say that he was outright lying, but it's possible he was hiding something and was not forthright about it, or what it was. I base that upon some of the body language he exhibited during some of the hearings. When he was criticized, he sat stiffly and nervously upright, and almost looked straight ahead.

"Throughout the summer, Democrat governors took advantage of COVID to change voting procedures."

This was the biggest problem I had, really. The Constitution says that only the state legislatures can change election laws. Not Governors or Secretaries of States. And I don't have a lot of knowledge (just periphery knowledge) of the court battles that ensued, but my understanding is it seemed like there was a Catch-22 going on, based on some of the rulings. This is like a football team preparing for the Super Bowl, and the team gets there, and the refs say, "Oh, we're using a different set of rules today". Rules that the team didn't prepare for.

"Then you get the Hunter laptop scandal. Big Tech ran a full-on censorship campaign against a major newspaper to protect a political candidate. Period. Everyone knows it, all of the Tech companies now admit it was a "mistake" - but, ya know, the election's over, so who cares?"

Big Tech's "mistakes", seem to overwhelmingly go one way.

• Thanks 2

I believe this goes well beyond Politics. There is a person or group behind what is happening. I have absolutely no proof of this, but I have watched Star Wars enough to see the dark side manipulating our path forward. 

And face it- You put a hooded robe on George Sorros - No denying who he is  

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, BlahBlah said:

When one party loses an election it is easier to claim fraud or election stolen , than it is to believe Americans rejected your party's ideology.  Dems did it in 2016 and Republicans in 2020.  

Might be true but for the fact that it wasn't one party's ideology that was rejected.  It was AMERICA's ideology and the idea of freedom and personal responsibility.  The majority of voters did not reject their own ideology and vote for a low energy pedo....no matter how many times you hear it on cnn.

• Like 2

There is a lot of facts coming out that are being shouted down by MSM. It's as obvious as Epstein, and countless other people who crossed Hillary not dyeing from suicide  

2022 right around the corner. Going to be a slaughter. Joe, Nancy, and Schummer not going to get any of their agenda passed. You will see a lot of Dems jump ship to save their political future. Nancy and Schummer will both retire and the Dem party is going to be going through a civil war. 

For the republicans it doesn't have to be Trump anyone can be elected. 

For the conservatives it needs to be Trump. 

• Like 1

"Many of them don't know for certain whether ballots were faked in November 2020, but they know for absolute certain that the press, the FBI, etc would lie to them if there was. They have every reason to believe that, and it's probably true."

"They watched the press behave like animals for four years. Tens of millions of people will always see Kavanaugh as a gang rapist, based on nothing, because of CNN. And CNN seems proud of that. They led a lynch mob against a high school kid. They cheered on a summer of riots."

This.

I don't pretend to know a lot about politics. I try to keep up but it's hard to find non-biased news. I'm a conservative and I voted for Trump, but I'm certainly not one to fall into these wild conspiracy theories. But the two quotes above pretty much sum it up for me. I don't speak for every conservative out there but I have a HUGE lack of trust in not only our government, but our media as well over the past 5+ years. Anything that I see happen in Washington I'm automatically skeptical and nobody will every be able to convince me that the story I'm being told is 100% factual or true, because I don't have a reason to believe that anymore.

So at this point, when I hear one of these conspiracy theories, even though I may not believe they are true, they are almost just as valid as the "news" we get on Fox or CNN.

My two cents...

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, osup116 said:

I believe this goes well beyond Politics. There is a person or group behind what is happening. I have absolutely no proof of this, but I have watched Star Wars enough to see the dark side manipulating our path forward. 

And face it- You put a hooded robe on George Sorros - No denying who he is  

Emperor_RotJ.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • LOL! 1

2 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

I don't speak for every conservative out there but I have a HUGE lack of trust in not only our government, but our media as well over the past 5+ years. Anything that I see happen in Washington I'm automatically skeptical and nobody will every be able to convince me that the story I'm being told is 100% factual or true, because I don't have a reason to believe that anymore.

I've said this before. You're watching a magic show. In fact, the article here: https://www.bbc.com/news/education-56352500 lays out how, in a way, politics is very much like a magic show.

19 hours ago, ObiOne said:

They watched the press behave like animals for four years. Tens of millions of people will always see Kavanaugh as a gang rapist, based on nothing, because of CNN. And CNN seems proud of that. 

This issue was my awakening and when I learned that the left would do ANYTHING to get more power.  I was very disturbed and shocked that so many people would go along with and orchestrate such a despicable charade.  Nothing surprises me now.

I knew it was a big lie when the lady only remembered the rape and not who brought her to the party or took her home. 

18 hours ago, osup116 said:

There is a lot of facts coming out that are being shouted down by MSM. It's as obvious as Epstein, and countless other people who crossed Hillary not dyeing from suicide  

2022 right around the corner. Going to be a slaughter. Joe, Nancy, and Schummer not going to get any of their agenda passed. You will see a lot of Dems jump ship to save their political future. Nancy and Schummer will both retire and the Dem party is going to be going through a civil war. 

I am very conservative and it don't have to be Trump for me it could be DeSantis I think he has proven himself as one who can fight and hold his own with the media, Trump though seemly energetic is getting long in the tooth but who knows he may have some fight left.

3 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

I knew it was a big lie when the lady only remembered the rape and not who brought her to the party or took her home. 

I guess I was naive but I didn't think you could get dozens of senators and hundreds of media to lie about a respectable man raping and gang raping women.  Eye opening for sure.

I’m just going to go on note and say that I would not be shocked if the last 30-40 years of presidents were orchestrated somehow by either cheating or some greater “authority” or faction that kind of fund our bankrupt government 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Monte1076 said:

Just a few things...

"The FBI/etc spied on the 2016 Trump campaign using evidence manufactured by the Clinton campaign"

I don't have all the information, but based on my limited knowledge, I would say this is questionable at best. At least as far as the spying goes.

"These are Tea Party people. The types who give their kids a pocket Constitution for their birthday and have Founding Fathers memes in their bios. "

I think that's a bit of a mischaracterization.

"Everyone involved lied about their involvement as long as they could."

I wouldn't say "everyone", and this seems to somewhat be a commonplace occurrence regardless of the party in power. I mean, how often do we say, "How do you know when a politician is lying? He's talking."

"This was true with everyone, from CIA Dir Brennan & Adam Schiff"

I do think Schiff was hiding something. I can't say that he was outright lying, but it's possible he was hiding something and was not forthright about it, or what it was. I base that upon some of the body language he exhibited during some of the hearings. When he was criticized, he sat stiffly and nervously upright, and almost looked straight ahead.

"Throughout the summer, Democrat governors took advantage of COVID to change voting procedures."

This was the biggest problem I had, really. The Constitution says that only the state legislatures can change election laws. Not Governors or Secretaries of States. And I don't have a lot of knowledge (just periphery knowledge) of the court battles that ensued, but my understanding is it seemed like there was a Catch-22 going on, based on some of the rulings. This is like a football team preparing for the Super Bowl, and the team gets there, and the refs say, "Oh, we're using a different set of rules today". Rules that the team didn't prepare for.

"Then you get the Hunter laptop scandal. Big Tech ran a full-on censorship campaign against a major newspaper to protect a political candidate. Period. Everyone knows it, all of the Tech companies now admit it was a "mistake" - but, ya know, the election's over, so who cares?"

Big Tech's "mistakes", seem to overwhelmingly go one way.

The evidence is overwhelming and indisputable at this point.  The FBI was spying on the Trump campaign and even attempting to undermine his admiistration after he took office. That's a fact. Comey, Brennen, Strzok, McCabe and others shouldvbe doing hard time in a federal prison alongside Hillary Clinton.  You don’t know if Schiff was lying? Laughable!!!!  Schiff and Nadler lied about practically everything they were saying.  You are among the brainwashed if you think otherwise .... one of the biggest travesties in American political history was the biggest political corruption scandal in American history has largely gone unprosecuted and the corrupt 🐡 :poop:s  have gotten away Scott free ....

2 hours ago, osup116 said:

I don’t  agree with that at all.  I would not be surprised to see President Trump endorse Ron Desantis and I believe conservatives would support him 100% ...

I did not vote for Trump in 2016. I was expecting a circus. The clowns leading the circus was a surprise though. Media is not “just the facts” any more. Its filtered through a left wing or right wing agenda. It even goes beyond the news media. Stephen Colbert’s promos for his CBS talk show for 4 years were nothing but president bashing. I haven’t seen the same level of daily bashing from him for Biden. 

Wokeism is the new religion of the “enlightened” masses. Words are losing their meanings. History is being rewritten. Today’s morals ( or lack there of) are being used to determine historical figures standings in today’s society. Science is preached to hype global warming but is to be suspended when Billy wants to become Suzy.  A straight heterosexual male can be called transphobic because he doesn’t want to bang a man turned woman. 

The 30+ generation was taught that hard work and education lead to financial stability and prosperity. Nowadays, that’s grounds for you to be burned at the stake for being a capitalist pig. Socialism, Communism is what the under 30 crowd are screaming for in the name of fairness. Look at Cuba, Venezuela, Russia. They haven’t done it right. Bull. It’s flawed systems that won’t work. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 5