I’m A Middle School Teacher And See How Critical Race Curriculum Is Creating Racial Hostility In School

Monte1076

Yet many on this site think CRT is nothing more than teaching some events as it pertains to blacks in our history.  How naive can one get?   This is more of the Lefts attempt to divide the country by race in the hopes it’ll start a race war.  And the sheep among us blindly follow.  Smdh.

15 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Yet many on this site think CRT is nothing more than teaching some events as it pertains to blacks in our history.  How naive can one get?   This is more of the Lefts attempt to divide the country by race in the hopes it’ll start a race war.  And the sheep among us blindly follow.  Smdh.

Obama reignited the racial issues by provoking people to hate the cops. He knew what he was doing.

Had Obama come out and supported the cop in the Michael Brown case there wouldn’t have been a St Louis riot or riots across the country at that time.

Had he spoken the truth there’d be no BLM today.

Had Obama told the black community to work with cops and not against them our country would be unified against criminals and much more unified as a country today. 

Had Obama told people the earth is flat half of Americans would still believe it today. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Hagar said:

So telling the whole story of our country will start a race war?  Really? Think about this for a second they enslaved a whole group of people and this group of people chose not to rebell and not to poison the food that they cook for these guys. The same group of people while they were beaten had dogs put on them and water hoses still chose not to start a race war. When it comes to Black vs. White violence the black people have been on the receiving end they overwhelmingly majority of the time, so In 2021 you think CRT will start a race riot? I can't make this up.

16 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

So telling the whole story of our country will start a race war?  Really? Think about this for a second they enslaved a whole group of people and this group of people chose not to rebell and not to poison the food that they cook for these guys. The same group of people while they were beaten had dogs put on them and water hoses still chose not to start a race war. When it comes to Black vs. White violence the black people have been on the receiving end they overwhelmingly majority of the time, so In 2021 you think CRT will start a race riot? I can't make this up.

You obviously spent zero minutes reading the link posted.  If you’re happy in your dream world, don’t.  The CRT being taught is based on the premise white people bad, black people oppressed.  Is that okay with you?  Does that fit your own definition of unity speech, or does it sound divisive?  The teacher said that it’s divided the pupils in her school along racial lines.  Are you aware that Marx used division of the population (proletariat & bourgeoisie) to start a civil war and achieve Communism?  That being the case, please tell me, what reason is there to create racial division?  What’s the purpose if it’s not done to ignite a race war?  I eagerly await your answer.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Hagar said:

You obviously spent zero minutes reading the link posted.  If you’re happy in your dream world, don’t.  The CRT being taught is based on the premise white people bad, black people oppressed.  Is that okay with you?  Does that fit your own definition of unity speech, or does it sound divisive?  The teacher said that it’s divided the pupils in her school along racial lines.  Are you aware that Marx used division of the population (proletariat & bourgeoisie) to start a civil war and achieve Communism?  That being the case, please tell me, what reason is there to create racial division?  What’s the purpose if it’s not done to ignite a race war?  I eagerly await your answer.

You act as if racial division didn't exist before CRT? You can definitely miss me with that whole premise. Were you this outspoken about racial division during the 60s and 70s, (that's assuming if you were around then) if the answer is yes, then you can have a conversation. if no, let's not waste our time even debating this topic as it would seem very hypocritical of you.

8 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

You act as if racial division didn't exist before CRT? You can definitely miss me with that whole premise. Were you this outspoken about racial division during the 60s and 70s, (that's assuming if you were around then) if the answer is yes, then you can have a conversation. if no, let's not waste our time even debating this topic as it would seem very hypocritical of you.

Nice deflection.  I just love when you ask a Liberal a question and they never answer.  Let me rephrase it then.  What reason is there to increase racial division?  Why would some folks want to do that?  Is that something you’re a proponent of?  If you can’t answer, let’s not waste our time even discussing this topic.

9 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Nice deflection.  I just love when you ask a Liberal a question and they never answer.  Let me rephrase it then.  What reason is there to increase racial division?  Why would some folks want to do that?  Is that something you’re a proponent of?  If you can’t answer, let’s not waste our time even discussing this topic.

No deflection at all. Now this is a much better question, but something can only be created if it doesn't exist. I find it funny that an English teacher is saying the holocaust is being erased? Could have sworn I'm supposed to cover that in my world history class. Then she's upset that books concentrate on slavery.We'll you teach in America and that's american. I wonder how long she spent on slavery before hand? So is it not true African Americans were not oppressed by whites throughout the majority of this country's history? Also, what's wrong with black teachers expressing their thoughts and white teachers giving their perspectives. If learning about this country's history causes divide, do we just wipe it out. What's the point of studying any history then. I'm sure you got points you wanted me to answer from the article. Point them out and I'll address them.

55 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

No deflection at all. Now this is a much better question, but something can only be created if it doesn't exist. I find it funny that an English teacher is saying the holocaust is being erased? Could have sworn I'm supposed to cover that in my world history class. Then she's upset that books concentrate on slavery.We'll you teach in America and that's american. I wonder how long she spent on slavery before hand? So is it not true African Americans were not oppressed by whites throughout the majority of this country's history? Also, what's wrong with black teachers expressing their thoughts and white teachers giving their perspectives. If learning about this country's history causes divide, do we just wipe it out. What's the point of studying any history then. I'm sure you got points you wanted me to answer from the article. Point them out and I'll address them.

What is the ultimate goal of a group if they increase racial division?

11 hours ago, Hagar said:

What is the ultimate goal of a group if they increase racial division?

Make people easier to control but if this increases racial division its just a by product of not erasing history. The division is created by people who don't want to acknowledge how messed up the system has been throughout this country's history. 

1 hour ago, ctown81 said:

Make people easier to control but if this increases racial division its just a by product of not erasing history. The division is created by people who don't want to acknowledge how messed up the system has been throughout this country's history. 

Who cares.....all of that is in the PAST.............move on, grow up, give up YOUR hate......

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ctown81 said:

If I may interject; So are you saying that we have not seen progress in America? (I capitalize America, I see you don’t)  

We have been moving toward equality in this country since Prohibition. Erasing history will only accomplish One Thing; insuring that it will repeat itself. 

2 hours ago, ctown81 said:

Again, it appears you haven’t read the Link in the initial post.  From the article, “The new, radicalized curriculum and material focuses on an almost exclusively on an oppressor-oppressed narrative”.  That’s not teaching history, that’s teaching hate and division.  It’s also not a “by product”, it’s the goal.  I’ve never been a slave owner, you’ve never been a slave.  Folks that want to whine about things that happened 400 to 150 years ago haven’t got much to worry about.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Hagar said:

Again, it appears you haven’t read the Link in the initial post.  From the article, “The new, radicalized curriculum and material focuses on an almost exclusively on an oppressor-oppressed narrative”.  That’s not teaching history, that’s teaching hate and division.  It’s also not a “by product”, it’s the goal.  I’ve never been a slave owner, you’ve never been a slave.  Folks that want to whine about things that happened 400 to 150 years ago haven’t got much to worry about.

Annnnnd, “Why ain’t they mad at the rival tribes that captured their ancestors & SOLD them to the white slave holders?”

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Annnnnd, “Why ain’t they mad at the rival tribes that captured their ancestors & SOLD them to the white slave holders?”

This whole whining over things that happened hundreds of years ago is ridiculous.  The US had about a half a million killed (mostly white men) in two World Wars with Germany, yet they’re now our ally, and that was in the last one hundred years.  As I ask someone on another thread, name one race of people that have never committed any atrocities.  Never got an answer.  No mystery why.

4 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

So that justifies blacks being bred like dogs in the U.S.? Well when Europeans come to the coast and kidnap Africans and say we will keep kidnapping your people unless you bring us others, it's kind of a rock and hard place. Just me personally I can swallow trying to get rid of rivals or trying to protect your tribe as opposed to enslaving people and breeding them like cattle based on race solely. The Europeans came solely on the basis of getting slaves and they were going to get them by any means necessary. The slave trade ended in the mid 1700's but slavery continue for almost another hundred years in the US. So where were they getting the other slaves since they wasn't going to Africa to get them? If someone is in court on trial for rape and their best defense is well so and so raped her first., that person is still getting convicted. Africans did not hold guns to Europeans head saying you have to take these slaves but on the other side Europeans did hold guns to the heads literally.

5 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

So that justifies blacks being bred like dogs in the U.S.? Well when Europeans come to the coast and kidnap Africans and say we will keep kidnapping your people unless you bring us others, it's kind of a rock and hard place. Just me personally I can swallow trying to get rid of rivals or trying to protect your tribe as opposed to enslaving people and breeding them like cattle based on race solely. The Europeans came solely on the basis of getting slaves and they were going to get them by any means necessary. The slave trade ended in the mid 1700's but slavery continue for almost another hundred years in the US. So where were they getting the other slaves since they wasn't going to Africa to get them? If someone is in court on trial for rape and their best defense is well so and so raped her first., that person is still getting convicted. Africans did not hold guns to Europeans head saying you have to take these slaves but on the other side Europeans did hold guns to the heads literally.

Slavery in the US was only legal for 89 years.  Under British rule it was allowed in America for 157 years.  So if blacks want to hate, let them hate the British.

1 minute ago, Hagar said:

This whole whining over things that happened hundreds of years ago is ridiculous.  The US had about a half a million killed (mostly white men) in two World Wars with Germany, yet they’re now our ally, and that was in the last one hundred years.  As I ask someone on another thread, name one race of people that have never committed any atrocities.  Never got an answer.  No mystery why.

So what does that have to do with the United States? Atrocities are atrocities. Now let me ask you this? How many atrocities in this country were done to white people? Also the whining over stuff that happened last hundred years is the purpose of c r t. Apparently for some reason you seem to think what happened over a hundred years ago doesn't affect what's going on today. Truth is many whites are still taking advantage of the atrocities from many years ago whether you know it or not.

Here's an example. There were people in Clayton Texas who literally took my great grandmother's land after my great-grandfather died and there was nothing they could do about it. Now the people who are living on that land now or who owned the land did they take it? No but are they benefiting from what their ancestors did, yes. Do I blame the people live in there now? No, but I wonder if they benefit from what happened years ago. 

6 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

So what does that have to do with the United States? Atrocities are atrocities. Now let me ask you this? How many atrocities in this country were done to white people? Also the whining over stuff that happened last hundred years is the purpose of c r t. Apparently for some reason you seem to think what happened over a hundred years ago doesn't affect what's going on today. Truth is many whites are still taking advantage of the atrocities from many years ago whether you know it or not.

Here's an example. There were people in Clayton Texas who literally took my great grandmother's land after my great-grandfather died and there was nothing they could do about it. Now the people who are living on that land now or who owned the land did they take it? No but are they benefiting from what their ancestors did, yes. Do I blame the people live in there now? No, but I wonder if they benefit from what happened years ago. 

Not sure on your circumstances.  But something similar happened when my great grandfather had a stroke and ended up in a nursing home.  Nursing home owner ended up with his farm.  I'm sure it was all legal and my great grandmother ended up with a small house in town.  But it seems like it was someone in power that took advantage of the situation.  I have since bought a small piece of that farm and built a house and liver there today.  Has been in my family since 1836 except for the 30 something years that the nursing home guy owned it.  

2 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

If the past did not affect our present I'd say the same thing. 

The only affect it's having on you is that you are so obsessed with it that it's keeping you from enjoying what you have NOW........

6 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

If you insist on grouping people by their skin color there will always be those who are “more oppressed”. But make no mistake there were terribly hard times for some whites. And if you’ll take people as individuals instead of groups you can find whites who had harder times than some blacks. And you can do that with any race in any time in history. 

• Like 1